Gen 2 RMT [G/S/C OU Balance]

I made this team with a possible event in mind a month or so ago. Since its making, I have competed with it in minor tournies, achieving first in two of them. (By minor, I mean made in the ShoddyBattle Main Chat.)

At A Glance:

==========
Set - Up/Suicide
@ Leftovers

~Spikes
~Explosion
~Hidden Power Ghost
~Toxic
==========
Forretress is a great lead in G/S/C, because the bulk of leads don't carry a fire type move, and if I suspect they do, I can explode on them and take out one of their pokemon. Spikes is a great attack to lead with because once they're there, an entire team can be crippled if they don't have a Rapid Spinner (which many teams do not). People always question why Hidden Power Ghost. The answer is simple; I found Gengar would often switch into me and take a few to KO me, however I couldn't do anything to it with this set. Hidden Power Ghost coming off a decent 90 Base Power can deal decent damage to any Ghost who thinks they can wall me. Toxic is great for anything not Poison or Steel Typed, and if they are either of those, I explode for whatever damage I can and switch to the appropriate counter.
==========
Special Sweeper
@ Leftovers

~Psychic
~Fire Punch
~Thunder Punch
~Thunder Wave
==========
This Alakazam, while not conventional, is extremely effective. Psychic absolutely wrecks anything that doesn't resist it (with the exception of the fat blob that is Blissey). Fire Punch hits Steels who resist Alakazam's STAB for Super Effective damage, and in G/S/C comes off Alakazam's SpA stat. Thunder Punch hits Dark types such as Tyranitar and Houndoom for neutral damage, as they would otherwise wall this set. It also hits Starmie switch ins very hard. Thunder Wave is used because my team is made up of average speed Sweepers, so Thunder Wave support is extremely helpful to them.
==========
Physical Sweeper
@ Leftovers

~Curse
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Roar
==========
It was pointed out to me that I had a gaping weakness to the god of G/S/C OU; Snorlax. So I am proud to present my Snorlax counter =). A Snorlax with a STAB move, Rest, Curse, & Fire Blast is completely walled by the set, and another option is to Roar away any curses that he has set up. With Rhydon's defense, he can survive a boosted Earthquake and usually can even Curse once himself and greatly damage any switch ins with his monstrous attack stat. Besides countering Snoralx, Rhydon is a force to be reckoned with as a Curser due to Curse bolstering his two strongest stats and weakening his worst. No matter the occasion, Rhydon can meet it.
==========
@ Leftovers

~Drill Peck
~Toxic
~Whirlwind
~Rest
==========
The first half of the much feared SkarmBliss combo on my team, and it is fairly standard, with the exception of Toxic. Drill Peck provides STAB, and can deal fair damage. Toxic is very helpful when facing any sort of wall, and in the stall environment of G/S/C, Toxic is used very often. Whirlwind racks up Spike damage, and it also lets me scout my opponents team which is extremely helpful in outpredicting the opponent. Finally Rest, when used with Blissey, is extremely useful, due to Blissey's ability to Heal Bell away status. This works VERY well because usually when Skarmory rests, the opponent brings out a special attacker, at which point Blissey can soak up the damage and Heal Bell Skarmory.
==========
@ Leftovers

~Softboiled
~Heal Bell
~Light Screen
~Ice Beam
==========
The second half in the SkarmBliss duo. Blissey works very well with my team, especially since two pokemon utilize Rest on my team. She has an instant recovery move which can prove to be very useful if she is getting too low on health. Light Screen is another way Blissey provides Utility for my team, as Light Screen enables the less bulky pokemon to start up a sweep. The final move, Ice Beam is Blissey's form of attack, and it is useful against things such as Dragonite and Exeggutor who are caught off guard by it. On Dragonite, it nets a 2HKO, though he'll likely switch after the first time. Exeggutor are less likely to stay in once they realize Blissey is in play, but it deals a significant amount of damage as well.
========
@ Leftovers

~Hydro Pump
~Dragonbreath
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
==========
It is hard to describe the beast that Kingdra is in G/S/C with only one weakness that is covered by Blissey's Light Screen and two STAB moves that are unresisted by any pokemon in the game. This is a set of my own that is built around Kingdra's general bulk and coverage. Rest when at lowish health, Sleep Talk to deal damage while asleep, and while awake, fire away respective STAB moves that will deal damage. This thing lasts forever with Light Screen support, and because it needs no set up, nothing is lost by switching to Blissey. Blissey works extremely well with this guy, due to the fact that she can absorb the Dragon attacks perfectly, use Heal Bell and use Heal Bell and Light Screen. Skarmory also can take a Dragon Hit, though doesn't really need to. If Blissey shows her face to wall Kingdra, Skarmory can come in and use Toxic/Drill Peck and watch her writhe in pain.
==========
So that's the team! Please tell me what you think!

My immediate love for Kingdra earns this team a proper thumbs up from me! I use this same Kingdra set and it destroys most Pokemon that are not special walls. Blissey handles special threats and Skarmory takes care of Cursing Snorlax sort of (if Snorlax is the last Pokemon on the opponents team, he can not be Whirlwinded away, and can probably sweep the team).

Good overall, but Snorlax is the God of G/S/C, and will unfortunately destory you.

Why don't you put Double-Edge or Return over HP: Fire since you are dancing up. You could even put Reversal in place of that, to hurt steels

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.
A Snorlax with Curse, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, STAB move and Rest will beat your entire team easy.

As stated before, your team has problems with Snorlax carrying Fire Blast. Something like a Rhydon might help with this problem. Also, if you want to beat last poke curselax then use Sand Attack or Curse over Toxic on Skarmory.

Porygon2 eats this team alive as it stands. Kingdra and Blissey are both free switches.

No possible way for this team to kill a Suicune... ever.

Special sweepers do not exist in GSC, and if they do, they come in the form of either Zapdos or Raikou. Subsequently, use either over Zam for profit.

Kingdra honestly doesn't do anything in GSC. The closest set you'll come to being useful is probably Curse, Return/DE, Rest, ST, but even then, Suicune does that better. Umbreon too. It's great that he's only weak to one type (zero really), but the fact of the matter is, he's not strong against anything either. So what you're left with is a sub-par "wall" with no real resistances to anything significant, and unlike Umbreon/Suicune, no pseudo-hazing abilities. So every time you bring in Kingdra, expect that Mixlax to come out and run circles around your team. Use Snorlax here or whatever.

Blissey is absolutely horrid in GSC as well. It just took people 5 years to realize that. Unless you're flat out stall, which you're not, you can't afford to give the opposing team a free switch in the form of Blissey. Skarmbliss hasn't been a threat since 04, and I don't see that changing much. Miltank substitute, and the growling kind makes curselax cry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)