Gen 2 [RMT] GSC Beatdown

How's it going everyone,

Little bit long of a post but wanted to be very detailed, hope you all read it. Here's a team I have been working on for awhile. Quick brief of the ONLY rule I will be using with this team with is in a battle with no Legendaries. That is the only rule.

Also a thing to note is I know my opponet will not be using any pokemon that does not appear in any game but Pokemon Gold. In addition since we have no one to trade with I know no one will be using Gengar, Machamp, Alakazam, etc. Weird rules I know but we both are still gonna have fun. Anyway with the team :)

Starter: Spiker

Forretress@Leftovers
-Toxic
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion

I originally wanted Cloyster as my spiker yet I only have Pokemon Crystal. This means no way to chain breed rapid Spin on it. Therefore for my spiker went Forretress since it levels both. The explosion is that last ditch effort and toxic to status switchers etc.

Skarmory@Leftovers
-????
-Curse
-Rest
-Whirlwind

For the most part a typical Skarmory. Curse was there instead of thief as I feel it will be more usefull. However here is my dillema. With only Pokemon crystal cant chainbreed the typical Whirlwind/Drill Peck set. Since I have a spiker I find WW much more needed. I am at a loss however with what to fill that extra spot with. Need help with this one

Snorlax@Leftovers
-Belly Drum
-Lovely Kiss
-Rest
-Body Slam

Typical BellyLax to me

Miltank@Leftovers
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Return

Another typical wall set, not much to explain.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
-Surf
-Pursuit
-Roar
-EQ

I know tyranitar is a beast, yet never actually used him so this was new for me. Pursuit seems obvious and the roar is to capitlize on spikes/problems. Threw Surf in for that surprise move and the EQ for damage.

Starmie@Leftovers
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Thunder
-Psychic

Another spinner that I placed on the team over Heracross(even though I love the guy). Rapid Spin and recover standard with thunder or status and psychic move.

Well thats the team. I really hope you all have some good insight for me as I really want to win this battle with my good friend.

Appreciate all the help in advance,

-Silverfox

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.
Why do you have 2 Spinners?
Why both Return and Body Slam on Miltank?
And as Borat stated, it's easier to have a DP/WW Skarmory and a RS Cloyster rather than a LK Snorlax...

I think Fire Blast is better than surf on Tyranitar jsut to get rid of that annoying skarmory. Also, return and body slam is redundant on Miltank, replace either one of them for earthquake or shadow ball. THey can help get rid of ghost types like misdreveous and gengar. And why does Starmie have thunder(unless its for an electric type move as well as the high paralysis). Instead, take advantage of Starmie's powerful stabbed Surf, as it provides for neutral coverage than Psychic.

How's it going everyone,

Little bit long of a post but wanted to be very detailed, hope you all read it. Here's a team I have been working on for awhile. Quick brief of the ONLY rule I will be using with this team with is in a battle with no Legendaries. That is the only rule.

Also a thing to note is I know my opponet will not be using any pokemon that does not appear in any game but Pokemon Gold. In addition since we have no one to trade with I know no one will be using Gengar, Machamp, Alakazam, etc. Weird rules I know but we both are still gonna have fun. Anyway with the team :)

Starter: Spiker

Forretress@Leftovers
-Toxic
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion

I originally wanted Cloyster as my spiker yet I only have Pokemon Crystal. This means no way to chain breed rapid Spin on it. Therefore for my spiker went Forretress since it levels both. The explosion is that last ditch effort and toxic to status switchers etc.

Skarmory@Leftovers
-????
-Curse
-Rest
-Whirlwind

For the most part a typical Skarmory. Curse was there instead of thief as I feel it will be more usefull. However here is my dillema. With only Pokemon crystal cant chainbreed the typical Whirlwind/Drill Peck set. Since I have a spiker I find WW much more needed. I am at a loss however with what to fill that extra spot with. Need help with this one

Dodrio with Whirlwind from (RBY) TM04 with Drill Peck, and breed a male (Dodrio) it to a female Skarmory

Snorlax@Leftovers
-Belly Drum
-Lovely Kiss
-Rest
-Body Slam

Typical BellyLax to me

Are you cheating to get this?

Miltank@Leftovers
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Return

Another typical wall set, not much to explain.

Growl, Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Toxic, over BS or Return

Tyranitar@Leftovers
-Surf
-Pursuit
-Roar
-EQ

I know tyranitar is a beast, yet never actually used him so this was new for me. Pursuit seems obvious and the roar is to capitlize on spikes/problems. Threw Surf in for that surprise move and the EQ for damage.

Crunch over Pursuit, Curse over Surf, maybe even Thunderbolt or Ice Beam, or Flamethrower

Starmie@Leftovers
-Rapid Spin
-Recover
-Thunder
-Psychic

Thunderbolt over Thunder

Another spinner that I placed on the team over Heracross(even though I love the guy). Rapid Spin and recover standard with thunder or status and psychic move.

Well thats the team. I really hope you all have some good insight for me as I really want to win this battle with my good friend.

Appreciate all the help in advance,

-Silverfox
hope I helped you enough

Thanks for the helpfull feedback so far,

As for LS on Snorlax that was actually an oversight/typo. I'm used to seeing it so much wrote it down. Instead it would look for more like this:

Snorlax@Leftovers
-Belly Drum
-Sleep Talk
-Rest
-Body Slam

Starmie makes sense using Surf, yet since I do have 2 spinners would it be more usefull to get rid of Starmie completly? I was thinking either Exeggutor or Heracross in place.

And I know Borat stats the DP/WW Skarmory alot and I do not disagree, but with only version crystal it is not possible. I can have it with WW but need something else to dill DP with

Use Cloyster, you don't need a spinner.

Steel Wing is the only other option, unless you can find one with HP Flying. I'd forgo Skarmory for Steelix.

Tyranitar shouldn't have EQ as a priority over Rock Slide, ever. Surf is no good, not without considering Crunch first. And you don't need Roar.

And Belly Drum and Sleep Talk is probably the worst combination possible.

Get rid of Starmie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)