RMT: I can't think of a clever title so I'll put this

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this team has had somewhat mixed results. Its my first RMT on Smogon. Its also my first shot at a full on offensive team. Usually I have balanced teams, but I decided to try something new.

At a glance:

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Aerodactyl's just your basic suicide lead. Taunts slower leads sets ups Stealth Rocks, and then hits stuff. Obviously Stealth Rocks will help a lot getting the opponent's Pokemon just into the KOing range for the rest of my sweepers. Thats really the only reason he's here. He's a lot faster than Azelf, Fidgit, and Infernape, so he always gets his Rocks down, and the opponent does not.

Salamence (F) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

YacheMence is the new Garchomp. An absolute monster in the middle game. If he gets a Dragon Dance in then you're probably gonna lose one or two mons. Cleans up nicely against more defensively based team, after all my other mons have taken a good chunk out of the opponent.

Stratagem @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Paleo Wave
- Substitute
- Energy Ball

This Pokemon is probably the mon I'm the most iffy on. I like his set, since it gets to set up on bulkier mons, but I feel that it lacks coverage. I think Flamethrower>Substitute or Calm Mind would be good. Either way, he's an excelent revenge killer. He can take advantage of opponent's Sanstorm as well, and tear appart the team with Energy Ball. He takes out Skymin, Syclant, Zapdos, Swampert, Gyarados, Salamence, but I still think that Heatran, Bronzong, and other bulky steels wall it far too easily.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power[Ice]
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Scarftran. Not much more to be said, but I do think that his role overlaps with Stratagem and Zapdos's roles, but he is a good Bulky Steel and takes care of Salamence, when he starts to Outrage, and beats Syclant, Skymin, and Scizor when the other checks I have die.

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP/252 Spd/204 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Air Cutter

This is a novelty that works extremely well. Its natural bulk lets it switch in on a lot, and rip them to shreds. Air Cutter it basically only for Revenankh, but it takes out Heracross and other Fighters too. The rest of the attacks are pretty standard Zapdos attacks.

Syclant (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 88 Atk/252 Spd/168 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Bug Buzz
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Superpower/Brick Break

Syclant is a just a generic sweeper. Tears through teams with no set up. I love the amazing coverage that he gets. Luckily, Aerodactyl can usually manage to keep Stealth rocks out or play, for this guy to get in unscathed. Theres not too much else to say. I'm not exactly sure about the EV spread, so that might need editing.

(Brick Break will be put in for Super Power when those edits come in)

I hope I did that right. Thanks for looking at this. *Waits for someone to tell me this team is crap* :x

Well with that team.. you damn better not let the pokes set up the SR or your team will be weakened enough for a sweeper to finish off your team..

Change Salamence nature, adamant lowers Fire Blasts power.

Also HP Ice > Dragon Pulse on Scarftran.
That's a good idea. Any ideas on IVs for Heatran? I'll run Lonely. (or whichever lowers SDef)

Well with that team.. you damn better not let the pokes set up the SR or your team will be weakened enough for a sweeper to finish off your team..
Yeah... Aerodactyl seems to be able to stop that usually. I get in trouble with bulkier mons trying to get SR in midgame. Any solutions, or should I just leave it and press my luck?

Naive nature for Heatran, HP Ice IVs 31/30/30/31/31/31

When i see this team i see two immediate threats Stratagem and Tyranitar. 4 members of your team are OHKO by Paleo wave and really your only answer is winning a speed tie. Having 4 members of your team weak to stealth rock with no spinner or even recovery on your team is also a problem.

My first suggestion is to get rid of Scylant with LO+Stealth rock damage its not gonna last long and Stratagem is very common at the minute forcing you out every time.

As you said your Zapdos set is overlapping a bit with your Scarftran, try the Metal Sound version this will still keep Revenankh at bay but Roost will help with durability.

To replace Scylant go with either Sleep talk Hariyama or Revenankh.

4 rock weaks, and the only thing that can deal with stratagem is another stratagem. I don't think that's very good.

I suggest dropping scylant for a blissey or scizor.

Syclant is looking like it'll have to go, so maybe Machamp/Revenankh? I was thinking either standard Bulk Up for Revvy, or Restalk Guts Machamp. Which would be be better?

Metal Sound Zapdos sounds interesting. I've usedit before, but I've never had much luck with it. Metal Sound seems to miss far too many times to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)