RMT. I'm new and want to get into competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the mandatory team building homework and thought I could somewhat build a team around those pokemon but all the legionaries I caught have wrong natures and not even good iv's in the sections I wanted. Anyway this is the team I built for singles which did help and understand that it has its own gaps but will fix it eventually. Any comment will help alot on how to get good.
Garchomp
Adamant Nature Max att,spd,rest def EV 5iv except hp(decent rating) and life orb
Swords Dance
Earthquake
dragon claw
poison jab
It was my first hacthed shiny and it has almost perfect iv's so it what i felt was going to be my primary pick for online. I added poison jab because of fairy types such a tapu's and etc. I added life orb just because if i can't setup atleast one swords dance I can still one hit majority of the field with the bonus damage of life orb. Dragon claw is just their for basic stab against other dragons and same with earthquake.
Mimikyu
Jolly, max att,spd, and rest def 5iv besides sp atk and red card
swords dance
play rough
Shadow sneak
shadow claw
I really just run mimkyu because how good he is online and with red card it actually suits it well. Most people online tend to run a dragon type and since mimiyku is naturally faster than a majority unless it's choice it's ideal. Also I can setup 1 swords dance free because of disguise unless they have a pokemon with mold breaker but besides that whenever they do land a hit on mimkyu because of red card the oppenents pokemon get's switched which can be a 50/50 on getting a kommo-o or a meta metagross with bullet punch. Shadow sneak is just for finishing of opponents that are on the verge of death and i'm scared they are caring bullet punch or first impression. Also play rough is because it's a good move in general and while most of the time it does its job it can fail. Finally shadow claw is just a stronger shadow sneak.
Al Marowak
Impish, max att,spd, def and cursed body and thick club
Shadow bone
Flare blitz
earthquake
substitute
This one was my first wild encounter shiny and it had 4iv's which was ok for me. I was getting hell from a friend for not getting the correct nature and not putting any ev in hp but i felt as if you put it in speed it will outspeed other pokemon in it's speed range unless choice and i really only keep him for celestalta. I added substitute so i can keep on the field for longer durations since flare blitz kills its hp and earthquake and shadow bone because those are great stab moves.
Espeon
Timid, max sp att,spd synchronize pixie plate
shadow ball
dazzling gleam
psyshock
physic
I honestly didn't know what to make it hold besides pixiie plate because dazzling gleam because it doesnt do as much as i would like it to. I am debating on whether or not taking out psyshock for calm mind. I don't have much to say besides that it's supposed to be a sp att sweeper. I'm thinking about switching because first imperssion one shots him which sucks but besides that i can usually one shot super effective pokemon with a psychic.
Tentacruel
Timid max sp att, spd black sludge, clear body
hydro pump
sludge bomb
ice beam
toxic spikes
I have him because he is the most tanky on my entire team and can survive a super effective move. Hydro pump i use for either stab because it's the most damage or super effective. sludge bomb is for fairy types or just my regular spam attack. Ice beam is here for dragons as well and like sludge bomb spam it as well. toxic spikes are really just to piss of the opponent so that it will last even if it dies.
Lucario
Jolly max att,spd, steadfast and lucarionite
Poison Jab
Swords dance
earthquake
close combat
I wanted a mega and saw how one destroyed me online so i decided to get one of my own. Poison jab and earthquake are their for stab moves if nothing I have is super effective. Swords dance is just their is I have the chance to setup for example is I see a ageslash I know they will use protect so i get a free swords dance and close combat is my one shot.
Kangaskhan
Adamant max att,spd scrappy and mega stone
fake out
drizzy punch
sucker punch
earthquake
I created her because lucario wasn't doing as well as i like him to be and after seeing a few youtube video's mega mom is amazing. What i didn't know is that power up punch is gone and their is no way for her to learn it in this generation so i went with drizzy punch. Depending what pokemon the opponent has is how fast i will mega evolve. If they have a ghost I will hold back so i can use fake out on them the first turn then sucker punch the second. Drizzy punch has been pretty good to me since majority of time it confuses the opponent and while they did nerf confuse it can still helps me out. Sucker punch is another move that does help if the pokemon is faster than me or is about to die. Earthquake is there just because it's earthquake. I am thinking about changing out drizzy punch for brick break though.

Thank you for reading this and hope you guys can see my point of view and help me improve on the team.I added kangaskhan because i switch with her and lucario since they are the only ones i tend to switch around

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I read the mandatory team building homework and thought I could somewhat build a team around those pokemon but all the legionaries I caught have wrong natures and not even good iv's in the sections I wanted.
That's not relevant to the homework assignment, as it is fairly trivial to get perfect tapus/UBs from giveaways in the wifi section. Please go do the homework assignment.

Your team is also straight up illegal -- mega stones are banned in vgc2017.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)