RMT Mega pinsir Team

This is the first time im trying to build a competitive team, i usualy iv breed and such but i never actualy build a full team so i dont have much experience some help and feedback would be nice, english is not my first language so i apolagize for any gramatical errors in advance.

->

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie->Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake

this is my main guy after its counters are dead just swords dance up and sweep he works preety well, i usualy get a boost with moxie before starting my mega evolution he struggles against fast oponents with SE moves and sturdy walls.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 SAtk / 252 HP / 228 Def
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This is usualy my lead and MVP he counters so manny things hazardous to mega pinsir that its amazing,especialy tallonflame,some bulky pokemons like hippondown and gliscor and the landorus-T that likes to switch in to intimidate mega pinsir,this guy is amazing.

Magnezone @ Choice scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spa / 4 Spdef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Canon
- Hidden power fire

This is my Skarmory trapper wich mega pinsir cant get past and it helps againts alot of steel types that arent weak to ground among other things like check azumaril, it does alot of random damages with flash canon so mega pinsir can take them out latter with quick atack.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 Spa / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Draco meteor
- Fire blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edje
I was looking for a wall breaker and i found this guy and he works wonders, intimidate helps to force switches, it can scare off both phisical and special walls and he hits like a truck,stone edje is there to help me destroy togekisses tallonflames and gennies that dont carry HP ice, even landorus T wont switch into me afraid of the draco meteor.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Spa / 252 Spdef
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Defog

This is my special wall it blocks latios and all special dragons that want to Draco meteor my team mostly, he also thunder waves stuff that is faster than pinsir and defogs the hazards since pinsir dislikes stealth rock.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Hp / 64 Def / 208 Spdef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip

this takes all the stats nobody wants on my team, sets up stealth rock, scouts with protect and harasses with leech seed putting the oponent at mega pinsir kill range.

Anyone one on my team is subject to change and any help saying wich one should be replaced or changed would be preety good the only ones i think i wouldnt change at all would be pinsir and rotow-w they are my MVPs, pls help my build my first competitve team.

Old team menbers that got replaced

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Spa / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco meteor
- Fire blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludje Wave

Last edited:
Hi! Before I give this a rate, this team look really good, and I think you've taken advantage of Mega Pinsir quite well! However, I think there are a few changes you should make. First, I'd switch Rotom-W to a physically defensive spread. This way, you can have a much easier time taking on physical threats, especially Talonflame, who can really hurt this team, even with Pokemon such as Intimidate Salamence and Donphan. Speaking of Donphan, I'm not really sure if I like him on your team. While Donphan is nice for physical attackers, and he can provide you with Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin support, I feel as if he's kind of a dead weight a lot of the time, as he has no reliable recovery. Not only that, but I feel Goodra isn't the best special wall for your team, as it only adds to your weaknesses with Salamence. So, here is what I'd recommend. First, I'd switch Goodra to specially defensive Togekiss. Not only does this wall a lot of the Dragon types that can hurt your team, but it can use Defog in order to eliminate the hazards that are on your side of the field. Next, I think you switch Donphan for Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn not only provides you with Stealth Rocks, but also allows you to heal yourself with Leech Seed. It is also able to sponge attacks from Rotom-W, which is a great thing in this metagame. Also, this is just personal preference, but I really don't like slower Pokemon such as Magnezone as my Scarfer, as it loses to faster Pokemon, other Scarfed Pokemon, and certain set-up sweepers. I might consider making your Salamence a Scarf set, while switching your Magnezone to a Substitute attacking set.

Overall, I really like your team, and I hope you'll test out these changes and see how they work! :D

Recommended Changes:
Rotom-W: Specially Defensive --> Physically Defensive
Assault Vest Goodra --> Specially Defensive Togekiss
Donphan --> Ferrothorn
Optional Changes:
Salamence --> Choice Scarf (with Moxie)
Magnezone --> Substitute Attacker

Hi! Before I give this a rate, this team look really good, and I think you've taken advantage of Mega Pinsir quite well! However, I think there are a few changes you should make. First, I'd switch Rotom-W to a physically defensive spread. This way, you can have a much easier time taking on physical threats, especially Talonflame, who can really hurt this team, even with Pokemon such as Intimidate Salamence and Donphan. Speaking of Donphan, I'm not really sure if I like him on your team. While Donphan is nice for physical attackers, and he can provide you with Stealth Rocks and Rapid Spin support, I feel as if he's kind of a dead weight a lot of the time, as he has no reliable recovery. Not only that, but I feel Goodra isn't the best special wall for your team, as it only adds to your weaknesses with Salamence. So, here is what I'd recommend. First, I'd switch Goodra to specially defensive Togekiss. Not only does this wall a lot of the Dragon types that can hurt your team, but it can use Defog in order to eliminate the hazards that are on your side of the field. Next, I think you switch Donphan for Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn not only provides you with Stealth Rocks, but also allows you to heal yourself with Leech Seed. It is also able to sponge attacks from Rotom-W, which is a great thing in this metagame. Also, this is just personal preference, but I really don't like slower Pokemon such as Magnezone as my Scarfer, as it loses to faster Pokemon, other Scarfed Pokemon, and certain set-up sweepers. I might consider making your Salamence a Scarf set, while switching your Magnezone to a Substitute attacking set.

Overall, I really like your team, and I hope you'll test out these changes and see how they work! :D

Recommended Changes:
Rotom-W: Specially Defensive --> Physically Defensive
Assault Vest Goodra --> Specially Defensive Togekiss
Donphan --> Ferrothorn
Optional Changes:
Salamence --> Choice Scarf (with Moxie)
Magnezone --> Substitute Attacker
Rotow-W well my rotow w isnt specialy defensive xD those 220 evs are in speed he is just a bulky atacker but what nature and spread do you sugest? i like the speed evs to make sure i can WoW slower and stronger pokemons

Goodra i dont really have complain from goodra but i guess having a special wall weak to draco meteor might not be the best idea still goodra covers alot of pokemons Fire/eletric/dragon/poison on a single pokemon works wonders and i can switch into any grass type and laugh at them when they cant powder me and i resist grass and hp fire, same for alot of bulky water , since even those ice beams will just only scratch me but i will try togekiss calm with 252hp,4spa,252 spdef defog,roost,thunder wave, air slash?what worries me its that my defoger will be weak to stealth rock and when switching in looses 25% then takes a hit and then has to live and defog before dying:S donphan worked well due to only taking 6% from stealth rock but i will try him out.

Donphan you are kinda right donphan is usualy a dead weight becuase he doesnt have many resists and no healling but thanks to sturdy he has saved me manny times doing an earthquake and then ice shard still he is indeed probably the worst menber but ferrothorn? i mean dealing with rotow w doesnt seem to be the best it can do since a burn from wow and its made kinda useless still what do you sugest stealth rock,leech seed,gyro ball and power whip?

The salamence being scarfed doesnt work that well since the main atraction is switching moves for example i use fire blast he sends him a togekiss i then use stone edje and so on some for landorus t swiches in on a stone edje just to take a draco meteor to the face if it isnt scarfed, the reason i choosed salamence was to switch from special to phisical and do damage on both sides.

Magnezone with substitute its really lackbuster imo and without a scarf he cant kill half of the pokemons he does since he cant take special hits at all :S and being slow on the switch just makes him a dead weight, and the good thing is he cant be paralized now

Rotow-W well my rotow w isnt specialy defensive xD those 220 evs are in speed he is just a bulky atacker but what nature and spread do you sugest? i like the speed evs to make sure i can WoW slower and stronger pokemons

Goodra i dont really have complain from goodra but i guess having a special wall weak to draco meteor might not be the best idea still goodra covers alot of pokemons Fire/eletric/dragon/poison on a single pokemon works wonders and i can switch into any grass type and laugh at them when they cant powder me and i resist grass and hp fire, same for alot of bulky water , since even those ice beams will just only scratch me but i will try togekiss calm with 252hp,4spa,252 spdef defog,roost,thunder wave, air slash?what worries me its that my defoger will be weak to stealth rock and when switching in looses 25% then takes a hit and then has to live and defog before dying:S donphan worked well due to only taking 6% from stealth rock but i will try him out.

Donphan you are kinda right donphan is usualy a dead weight becuase he doesnt have many resists and no healling but thanks to sturdy he has saved me manny times doing an earthquake and then ice shard still he is indeed probably the worst menber but ferrothorn? i mean dealing with rotow w doesnt seem to be the best it can do since a burn from wow and its made kinda useless still what do you sugest stealth rock,leech seed,gyro ball and power whip?

The salamence being scarfed doesnt work that well since the main atraction is switching moves for example i use fire blast he sends him a togekiss i then use stone edje and so on some for landorus t swiches in on a stone edje just to take a draco meteor to the face if it isnt scarfed, the reason i choosed salamence was to switch from special to phisical and do damage on both sides.

Magnezone with substitute its really lackbuster imo and without a scarf he cant kill half of the pokemons he does since he cant take special hits at all :S and being slow on the switch just makes him a dead weight, and the good thing is he cant be paralized now
Firstly, sorry about the mistake with Rotom-W, the Spd for speed and SpD for special defense always confuses me.

Anyways, about the spread, I'd recommend this bulky Rotom-W set, as recommended by Smogon:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I'm not sure what threats who want to outspeed, but add speed EV's accordingly depending on who you would like to outspeed.

Next, the reason I recommended Togekiss is for two reasons. One, you are VERY Draco Meteor weak, meaning threats such as Goodra, Salamence, Hydragon, Lati@s, and others can come in on a lot of your Pokemon and basically get a free kill. Not only that, but neither of your walls have any ways to heal themselves, meaing they're very weak to being worn down. For example, if the opponent has multiple VoltTurn Pokemon on their side, they can easily Volt Switch/U-Turn right through your core, slowly wearing them down. Togekiss solves a lot of these problems by being able to heal itself as well as having an immunity to Draco Meteor. Not only that, but it has access to support move such as Heal Bell and Thunder Wave, which could really help your Pinsir out when sweeping. However, Togekiss has one flaw; it can't take Volt Switch well at all. That's where Ferrothorn comes in. He is able to absorb the Volt Switches while also providing you team with hazards as well as a nice bulky pivot. He can also heal himself with Leech Seed, as well as utilize protect to scout for what VoltTurn Pokemon, such as Genesect, will be using. I would recommend this spread for Ferrothorn:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip/Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rocks

Anyways, if you don't feel the changes will help, then that's fine. However, I'd recommend playing at least a few games with the changes and tell me how it goes :)

Firstly, sorry about the mistake with Rotom-W, the Spd for speed and SpD for special defense always confuses me.

Anyways, about the spread, I'd recommend this bulky Rotom-W set, as recommended by Smogon:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I'm not sure what threats who want to outspeed, but add speed EV's accordingly depending on who you would like to outspeed.

Next, the reason I recommended Togekiss is for two reasons. One, you are VERY Draco Meteor weak, meaning threats such as Goodra, Salamence, Hydragon, Lati@s, and others can come in on a lot of your Pokemon and basically get a free kill. Not only that, but neither of your walls have any ways to heal themselves, meaing they're very weak to being worn down. For example, if the opponent has multiple VoltTurn Pokemon on their side, they can easily Volt Switch/U-Turn right through your core, slowly wearing them down. Togekiss solves a lot of these problems by being able to heal itself as well as having an immunity to Draco Meteor. Not only that, but it has access to support move such as Heal Bell and Thunder Wave, which could really help your Pinsir out when sweeping. However, Togekiss has one flaw; it can't take Volt Switch well at all. That's where Ferrothorn comes in. He is able to absorb the Volt Switches while also providing you team with hazards as well as a nice bulky pivot. He can also heal himself with Leech Seed, as well as utilize protect to scout for what VoltTurn Pokemon, such as Genesect, will be using. I would recommend this spread for Ferrothorn:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip/Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rocks

Anyways, if you don't feel the changes will help, then that's fine. However, I'd recommend playing at least a few games with the changes and tell me how it goes :)
been using what you said and its working great xD especialy ferrothorn, donpham was useless and rotow-w made me very proud also xD, togekiss usualy doesnt do much he does get a defog off here and there but T-wave is rarely usefull since all eletric types love to switch into it, still he works preety well to block latios and the likes. what do you think of togekiss moves?

Last edited:
been using what you said and its working great xD especialy ferrothorn, donpham was useless and rotow-w made me very proud also xD, togekiss usualy doesnt do much he does get a defog off here and there but T-wave is rarely usefull since all eletric types love to switch into it, still he works preety well to block latios and the likes. what do you think of togekiss moves?
Glad to hear things are working out great! Also, you're running the exact set that'd I'd recommend... However, if you find Thunder Wave to be a wasted moveslot, you can also give Heal Bell a try. (P.S.: Don't forget to mention that Togekiss provides Defog support to your team in your analysis.)

If Togekiss isn't working out, don't be afraid to experiment; for example, Mew can run a similar set with Defog and Softboiled, as well as moves Togekiss doesn't have access to, such as Will-O-Wisp and Taunt. Tentacruel has access to Rapid Spin, as well as it can provide Toxic Spikes to your team. Latias also has Defog, though it's weak to Draco Meteor.

Anyways, I hope your team continues to have success :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)