ORAS OU RMT! MEGAZARD-X TEAM

RMT! I've been starting out lately on Showdown with this team, switching pokes in and out before finally settling on this lineup, with mixed results.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Charizard X is a DD sweeper with Dragon Claw and Fire Punch (STAB+Tough Claws) and sometimes Earthquake. I find Flare Blitz a bit too punishing even with roost. As you can see, zard-x is what the team is built around. I opted for no hp evs and no roost simply because a super effective move ko's me anyway 9/10 times i stayed in.

Ferrothorn has SR and Toxic for being your average physical tank/set up-er. Gyro ball and Whip + 170 atk evs to hit Fairies and water types hard. With helmet and iron barbs, he punishes physical attackera hard. I might consider Leech Seed for this guy but i opted for Rocks instead since i have no one else on the team better suited.

Azumarril has assault vest to become my secondary offensive pivot. Typical aqua jet and play rough set. Deals with dark types which you can see my team is lacking in checks. I opted for no choice band because i find getting stuck in an Aqua Jet is no fun.

Excadrill is scarfed as a revenge killer, and the occasional spinner. Earthquake and Rock Slide simply deals solid damage to pretty much anything. I have Iron Head to fill in the final slot just so that i can kill fairies with ease.

Latias is my go-to for Defog+Roost, as well as the occasional Draco Meteor for OK dmg. It's funny though, i find him to not deal that much dmg even with max SpA evs. Final slot is a HP Fire to deal with Steel types that otherwise wall me.

Finally, Rotom-W is my special/earthquake wall. Standard will-o-wisp / pump/ bolt set with pain-split and leftovers just to be annoying. Checks water types. If anything should be changed in this team, i feel it's this guy, but i still cant seem to make a decision.

your team has a rapid spinner and a defoger? ok well ur squad is quite weak to a common threat known to be as bisharp i would excadrill to toxicroak not only does it checks mega slowbro but it helps cover the weakness against bisharp and also lets you hit fairies at the same time. You dont really need those attack evs on ferrothorn since its still a 2hko with 0 attack investment against the fairies you mentioned. Shed shell over rocky helmet lets you not get trapped by mons like magnezone and gothitelle. Instead of hp fire on lati I would put psyshock since it is your only specs keldeo switch in and you dont have to risk mindgames or have a chance of missing draco. The fire coverage is gone but you still have zard eq only hits tar and azu at most but mons like rotom check max speed azu and ferrothorn checks it as well change fire punch to flare blitz to hit lando t harder than before and guarantee ohkos on certain mons and having roost over eq lets you set up on bulky mons like rotom and zapdos which cant touch you. Thats pretty much it i am going to be leaving the sets down below so that you can fix your team up, hope i helped you and next time leave a importable or make sure you follow all the rules I am p sure this post will get locked up soon. i would change alot more to make sure you dont lose to certain things like baton pass but atm im trying to keep your team around how it was suppose to be built.
Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes/ Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot

I appologize. Was typing this on my phone so it was like 6 lines already.

@Pierate - thank you for your in depth reply! May you kindly specify what to further change exactly? Because ironycally i do lose to alot of baton pass lol

Cool team but read the RMT rules......need more descriptionso for the mons. But onto the rate..... Hp fighting over fire on latias. This beats pursuit trappers and heatran. Rather than toxicroak you could try sash loom. It handles bisharp rather well and as an added bonus it also KOs Talonflame if the sash is intact. Another option you have is using AV Conkeldurr. Both of them check bisharp successfuly. Pm me for the sets if you want cause I'm on my phone now so I can't post them.

Hope I helped :)

Ps beef up your descriptionso or risk your thread being locked

Changes, changes: your descriptions would be better if they were under the 'mon.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Belly Drum

2nd Win condition, or a damaging lead

Excadrill @ Assult Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

more of a tank

Latios (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

don't need double hazard removal on this team, but you have to keep one alive for Zard or mega evo early on.

Assault vest excadrill?

I find him to be outright useless that way. Scarfing him has won me too many games. Any tips on how to play him differently, perhaps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)