1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

RMT My OU non weather team?

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Pacman11720, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Pacman11720

Pacman11720

This is a very successful team I made on Pokemon Showdown(Which I mainly use, not really wi-fi battling), and so far i've had nearly flawless victories with it. It's partly made off of a team i've seen a popular youtube Pokemon Wi-Fi battler, BlameTruth, use many times in OU.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Outrage
    ~Extremespeed
    ~Fire Punch
    ~Earthquake

[​IMG]

My Dragonite, along with Haxorus, is basically there to break through walls and hit them as hard as physically possible. There's a huge movepool for Dragonite, but I decided on FP/EQ which later I might trade out Fire Punch for Thunder Punch instead to hit common bulky water types such as Gyarados and Vaporeon really hard. If you have some suggestions, you can say. Is an amazing lead with Multiscale.

Haxorus @ Choice Band
    252 Atk/220 Spd/36 HP
    ~Outrage
    ~Earthquake
    ~Superpower
    ~Dragon Claw

[​IMG]

Same purpose as Dragonite, just hitting walls like Forretress and Ferrothorn as hard as possible. Haxorus is an amazing sweeper, so long as threats like Starmie or Latios are taken care of. Superpower hits hard what Outrage and Earthquake won't, and Dragon Claw is just there for late game sweeping when I don't want to be locked into Outrage.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    248 HP/252 Def/8 Spe
    ~Scald
    ~Wish
    ~Toxic
    ~Protect

[​IMG]

Vaporeon(Along with Cresselia) is probably one of my favorite walls. Even with it's base 60 Def, it can take non-boosted physical hits like there nothing. She's there to take any hits that Dragonite, Haxorus, and Gliscor would be OHKO'd by. Can also set up wishes to heal my other pokes that may have been injured earlier in the game. Mainly there so it can wall out Tyranitar or Scizor and KO them before they can do any damage.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
    252 Def/252 Spd/4 Def
    ~Moonlight
    ~Psychic
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunder Wave

[​IMG]

Amazing wall, I also haven't had any bad luck with the move choices. Psychic and Ice Beam both have extremely good coverage, hitting hard pokemon such as Hippowdon, Gliscor, Gengar, Conkeldurr, and Salamence. T-Wave can stop any pokemon in their tracks attempting to make a sweep, and Moonlight is a great healing move, especially against very popular Sunny Day teams.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Earthquake
    ~Ice Fang
    ~Taunt

[​IMG]

This set for Gliscor is amazing, it's saved me from stall teams so many times, and Gliscor was already on my top 5 favorite pokemon before I started competitively battling. With Taunt, Gliscor can force out pokemon like Ferrothorn or Forretress, SD on the switch, and start doing serious damage to the opposing team. He also doubles up really well with Heatran, as Gliscor is immune to Heatran's ground weakness, and Heatran x4 resists Gliscor's Ice weakness. He's a huge asset to my team.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
    ~Overheat
    ~Flamethrower
    ~Earth Power
    ~Hidden Power Ice

[​IMG]

Main revenge killer for my team, with a Scarf he can outspeed many things in OU, making him great for revenge killing. He's also a second counter to pokemon that are huge threats to a majority of my team, such as non-scarf Latios. He can outspeed any pokemon that has lower then 130 base Spe or lower with max EV's in Spe and a Timid nature, which makes it efficient in late game sweeping.

Please rate fairly, bros.
  2. Subject 18

Subject 18 S H M A C K E D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderator

All right cool. By the way I saw the RMT you made a few days ago and I made note to come back and rate the team but I ran into some major laptop issues so I couldn't get around to it. I'll also post this on your RMT thread. Any way on with the rate.

Let's start with your "revenge killer" Heatran. Heatran is much too slow to be considered as a revenge killer. I would suggest Scarf Keldeo over Heatran. For a couple reason Scarf Keldeo Keldeo is much faster than Heatran as it reaches 519 speed outspeed more than Heatran.

Keldeo Set
    Show Hide

Keldeo-R @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
    Timid nature
    -Hydro Pump
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power [Ice]
    -Secret Sword

Now you also have three Choiced pokemon which leaves open for opponents to set up on you as you are locked into the wrong coverage move and also only have one Specially offensive pokemon. To fix this I would say to replace Haxorus with Expert Belt Latios. I personally would recommend using two Banded pokemon on the same team. It's doable but kinda hard to do. Latios is bulkier and faster than Haxorus. Haxorus in this meta isnt very viable and is just too frail for this meta.

Latios Set

Show Hide

Latios @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Psyshock

I think this should do it for the rate. Hope this help and good luck.

~BlackRussian

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)