• [Anything Goes] Its skill I swear! - Quantum Tesseract

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
RMT of the Week
co-hosted by Team Pokepals and Snowy.

Ever wanted your team rated and noticed by a lot of people? Do you want all the efforts you put into testing your team, editing it and finalizing it to count? This is where RMT of the Week comes in! The aim of this project is to give people who put effort into making quality RMTs the attention they deserve. There are a lot of teams out there that are well-built and presented, but often left in the dark. Not anymore!

The concept is fairly simple:
  • Every week, we will nominate a few teams as candidates for the RMT of the Week.
  • These teams are put in a poll. Everyone can vote for the team they think is most deserving of the award.
  • At the end of the week, the winner will be the team that receives the most votes.
So what's in it for the winners? Well, the winning team will be announced on social media. It will also be recorded in the Hall of Fame, which will be posted in the OP for each week, and people are encouraged to rate it. Winning the RMT of the Week also increases the chance of having your RMT added to Team Showcase, subject to review, since it brings it to the notice of the staff. Finally, the winner will have an opportunity to give a brief interview.

Now you're probably thinking, "Why would people rate this team in particular? After all, it's no different from any other team." Yeah, maybe. But this is the perfect opportunity for all you unbadged raters to draw attention to yourselves. If you post good rates for the RMT of the Week, something that most of the staff is going to look at, you increase your chances of earning the Team Rater
badge.

If you are interested in getting your team shortlisted, here are some things that you can do to increase your chances:
  • Make sure your team is viable and effective: This one is self-explanatory. If your team doesn't fit into its tier or metagame, or lacks any kind of success, it won't have a high chance of being selected. It doesn't have to be archive worthy though, and it doesn't have to have peaked at #1; a moderately successful team can make it, but it has to work.
  • Your team should be well-presented: Wouldn't you enjoy posting in a thread more if it was visually appealing? If you put effort into presenting your team attractively, people will be more willing to rate it. We appreciate it when you take time to improve the quality of your RMTs, as it enhances the quality of the forum.
  • Be nice and receptive to people's opinions: No one likes to rate the team of a close-minded person!
For those whose teams are selected, don't ask anyone, be it friends or anyone else, on the forums or on PS! to vote for you. For friends of the people whose teams get selected, the same goes for you as well: please don't post the link in chat rooms to try and get people to vote.

The first time someone is caught cheating, their team will be disqualified and removed from the ongoing week. If someone is caught cheating for a second time, they will be permanently banned from the project.

Week 1:

[OU] Tripple Weather Is Stronk - Bluwing

Week 2:

[OU] Fight to the Finish - Team Pokepals

Week 3:

[UU] Rock 'N Roll Suicide - Hogg

Week 4:

[OU] Lord Cobalion and cute Mew - Costi

Week 5:

[UU] Real Friends - Shiba

Week 6:

[RU] Dance All Night - Feliburn

Week 7:

[AG] Philophobia - Dream Eater Gengar

Week 8:

[PU] 3005 - Dundies

Week 9:

[OU] Mexican Cena - Darkreaper215

Week 10:

[NU] i still play bp lol - iplaytennislol

Week 11:

[Ubers] Mega Mence is disgusting - Sweep

Week 12:

[PU] Ice Ice Baby - Paraplegic

Week 13:

[RBY] Memento /cpg/ - Bedschibaer

Week 14:

[UU] UU Stall - dodmen & hilarious

Week 15:

[UU] Handwritten - Mazz

Week 16:

[OU] demons - p2

Week 17 Nominees:

1. [OU] play without limits - Nedor

2. [OU] Pure Furies, Whereabouts of the Heart - Futatsuiwa of Sado

3. [OU] Nightmare - Snowtop

4. [OU] Stall, Myself & I - HamesGLD

5. [UU] Ex's and Oh's - ehat

6. [RU] Nostalrius: In Memoriam - SlottedPig

7. [NU] ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ - rozes

8. [NU] Deal With The Devil - Juancar_eng

9. [Ubers] Exceeded Darkness - Lacus Clyne

10. [LC] Porygon Destruction - PURPLEDOOSH

11. [Monotype] Crooked Smile - Wanka

12. [Anything Goes] Its skill I swear! - Quantum Tesseract

Ayy thanks for the nomination :]

BTW, Snowtops's Nightmare isn't linked correctly so you might wanna fix that.

IB edit: Fixed, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so honored for this nomination✔
Was my first rmt and I will have many more to come n_n
Also thanks for taking your time iron bullet to putting together these hall of fame selections and adding each Sprite.

Reactions: amg

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Caught up with last week's winner p2 to ask him a few questions about his OU RMT, demons.

1. Can you give a brief description of your team? What do you think is the reason behind its success?

there isn't really a lot to say regarding a description of the team, it's pretty much just a semistall team based around a strong and unprepared for core in tangrowth/slowking/heatran, which all cover each others weaknesses really well, with a scarf tyranitar thrown into the mix to take on and trap the likes of hoopa-u (when it was around), gengar, latis and so on, which i think is the main reason behind the success; people didn't really think about pursuit trapping when it comes to handling bulkier teams, threw on a hoopa, and it just mostly fell flat on its face once you knew exactly what the hoopa set was since it's bad bulk just left it very susceptible to pursuit. i would say that physically defensive tangrowth is a very unprepared for set itself, because it mostly walls almost all physical attackers in the tier, which really relieves pressure from the likes of lopunny, and for this team, excadrill since the team lacks a ground immunity, tangrowth really makes up for it very well. calm mind slowking is also a very strong wincon, because the physical attackers that could take it on (stuff like scizor / bisharp / weavile) could be handled by the rest of the team while slowking makes for a solid pivot into stuff like mega diancie and torn-t, could force them out and set up on them fairly easily. on top of that sub salac garchomp is criminally underprepared for, and the surprise factor of it was usually essential in cleaning offense late-game when mons with priority have been dealt with. here's a nice replay which showcases this, as without salac garchomp, i don't think winning that game would have been possible. on top of that mega sableye is one of the strongest mega evos in the tier right now and handles stuff like mega medicham, which is seeing surges of usage on the ladder again. i feel the combination of strong + underprepared for sets is what makes this team really solid.

2. Have you received any useful feedback for your team?

i haven't received a lot of advice (which is understandable since i spent a lot of time fine tuning the team and making tweaks), but the advice i've been given so far is useful - changing tyranitar to eq > superpower, which helps when it comes to revenge killing threats like mega diancie, since it doesn't need to be weakened as much and doesn't force me to rely on stone edge to hit it. it's a nice little change. changing slowkings ev spread was also a nice change since i discovered the set i was using was actually outdone by slowbro, since it could hit the same stats with a few evs to spare + it retains enough physical defense to handle stuff like diancie better. i haven't tried changing hp fire on tangrowth for anything, but i could imagine knock off or hp ice being a better option since the former just helps weaken stuff while the latter takes on stuff like sd garchomp which is capable of overloading tangrowth.

3. Is there any advice you'd like to give to future RMT posters?

there really isn't a whole lot to say here: just follow the rules and make sure the team works. there are plenty of resources available for making a nice looking rmt, and i urge users that plan on rmt'ing a team to use them because it just makes the team look a lot nicer and it draws more attention from team raters, the effort can go a long way and really, as long as the team is good, it's more likely to be considered for the team showcase.

as for raters: it just comes down to fixing problems in teams, while not opening up huge holes for other issues. basically, just stick to the how to rate thread as it really covers everything (identify an issue > explain the issue > suggest a change > explain why the change is helpful or useful), another thing is to try and avoid changing the main thing people based their teams around. i know there may be gimmicky x pokemon teams that have seen success, but just avoid changing the main component of the team. and another thing: if you can't rate it or can't think of an improvement, leave it. you're not forced to rate every team and if you can't think of any changes that could benefit the team, just move on. if you're ever unsure, team raters will always be willing to give advice, whether you pm them or use the rating basics thread.

Thanks for taking the time to do this man and congrats again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)