• [PU] Lala & Lili - Terrakion.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
RMT of the Week
co-hosted by Team Pokepals and Snowy.

Ever wanted your team noticed by a lot of people? Do you want all the efforts you put into testing your team, editing it and finalizing it to count? This is where RMT of the Week comes in! The aim of this project is to give people who put effort into making quality RMTs the attention they deserve. There are a lot of teams out there that are well-built and presented, but often left in the dark. Not anymore!

The concept is fairly simple:
  • Every week, we will nominate a few teams as candidates for the RMT of the Week.
  • These teams are put in a poll. Everyone can vote for the team they think is most deserving of the award.
  • At the end of the week, the winner will be the team that receives the most votes.
So what's in it for the winners? Well, the winning team will be announced on social media. It will also be recorded in the Hall of Fame, which will be posted in the OP for each week, and people are encouraged to rate it. Winning the RMT of the Week also increases the chance of having your RMT added to Team Showcase, subject to review, since it brings it to the notice of the staff. Finally, the winner will have an opportunity to give a brief interview.

Now you're probably thinking, "Why would people rate this team in particular? After all, it's no different from any other team." Yeah, maybe. But this is the perfect opportunity for all you unbadged raters to draw attention to yourselves. If you post good rates for the RMT of the Week, something that most of the staff is going to look at, you increase your chances of earning the Team Rater
badge.

If you are interested in getting your team shortlisted, here are some things that you can do to increase your chances:
  • Make sure your team is viable and effective: This one is self-explanatory. If your team doesn't fit into its tier or metagame, or lacks any kind of success, it won't have a high chance of being selected. It doesn't have to be archive worthy though, and it doesn't have to have peaked at #1; a moderately successful team can make it, but it has to work.
  • Your team should be well-presented: Wouldn't you enjoy posting in a thread more if it was visually appealing? If you put effort into presenting your team attractively, people will be more willing to rate it. We appreciate it when you take time to improve the quality of your RMTs, as it enhances the quality of the forum.
  • Be nice and receptive to people's opinions: No one likes to rate the team of a close-minded person!
For those whose teams are selected, don't ask anyone, be it friends or anyone else, on the forums or on PS! to vote for you. For friends of the people whose teams get selected, the same goes for you as well: please don't post the link in chat rooms to try and get people to vote.

The first time someone is caught cheating, their team will be disqualified and removed from the ongoing week. If someone is caught cheating for a second time, they will be permanently banned from the project.

Week 1:

[OU] Tripple Weather Is Stronk - Bluwing

Week 2:

[OU] Fight to the Finish - Team Pokepals

Week 3:

[UU] Rock 'N Roll Suicide - Hogg

Week 4:

[OU] Lord Cobalion and the cute Mew - Costi

Week 5:

[UU] Real Friends - Shiba

Week 6:

[RU] Dance All Night - Feliburn

Week 7:

[Anything Goes] Philophobia - Dream Eater Gengar

Week 8:

[PU] 3005 - Dundies

Week 9:

[OU] Mexican Cena - Darkreaper215

Week 10:

[NU] i still play bp lol - iplaytennislol

Week 11:

[Ubers] Mega Mence is disgusting - Sweep

Week 12:

[PU] Ice Ice Baby - Paraplegic

Week 13:

[RBY] Memento /cpg/ - Bedschibaer

Week 14:

[UU] UU Stall - dodmen & hilarious

Week 15:

[UU] Handwritten - Mazz

Week 16:

[OU] demons - p2

Week 17:

[Ubers] Exceeded Darkness - Lacus Clyne

Week 18:

[RU] 'rco dio mi sculano - fran17

Week 19:

[PU] Athletic - Megazard

Week 20:

[OU] The Jaws of Life Hold the Keys to Success - MattyBrollic

Week 21:

[Battle Spot] Infinity's TactiSand - cant say

Week 22 nominees:

1. [OU] Slash & Burn - Cobalt314

2. [OU] Mega Lopunny & Gengar HO - Rezilient

3. [Ubers] A Different Xerneas! - Mysterious M

4. [PU] Monkeys & Roses - Rattled Snakes

5. [PU] Lala & Lili - Terrakion.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Caught up with last week's winner cant say to ask him a few questions about his Battle Spot RMT, Infinity's TactiSand:

1. Can you give a brief description of your team? What do you think is the reason behind its success?

I built the team around the gimmicky Assist strategy where you pair up your Assist user with Pokemon who only know moves that Assist can't use, except for the one move you want Assist to use every time (in this case it was Spore). The strategy was successful in the Johto Classic because there were few true counters available, it was only stopped by Espeon (Magic Bounce), Scizor, Dragonite, and Machamp (priority), and Venusaur (Grass-type). This is where my backup core (sand offense) came in.
2. Have you received any useful feedback for your team?

I had listed out my threats with the intention of receiving help for dealing with them specifically, I not only got help with a few but it was also pointed out that I sucked against Alakazam which I hadn't thought about, which ended up helping a lot as I was able to figure out how to play against it. Changing my Tyranitar's Smooth Rock to a Chople Berry was a suggestion I really loved and helped a lot on PS, but during the actual competition I wished I had left it alone because the extra sand would have helped more.

The biggest and best change was suggested by a friend of mine on Skype after seeing my RMT, he said I should try Zapdos over Nidoking as it solved my problem with Azumarill and Scizor, and helped out against a lot of stuff like Venusaur, and bulky Waters like Suicune and Vaporeon that I was losing to when not using Persian. Zapdos arguably ended up being my MVP so I was really happy with that.
3. Is there any advice you'd like to give to future RMT posters?

Something I've noticed is that people tend to focus on the descriptions for their Pokemon's sets and EVs etc. and that's it, no teambuilding process or threatlist. Not only is reading about your building process interesting and can actually help people reading it build their own teams, but it helps us as raters to actually understand what you're trying to do with the team, and allows us to see where you may have gone wrong and suggest fixes from there, and if you also have a good threatlist section then we can tailor our advice to those too!

Thanks for taking the time to do the interview man and congrats again!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Caught up with week 19's winner Megazard to ask him a few questions about his PU RMT, Athletic:

1. Can you give a brief description of your team? What do you think is the reason behind its success?

The team is a pretty basic offense team with a strong Nasty Plot user, something which has become more and more popular recently because of how well certain NP users can handle overly slow teams when supported by a good framework. Ninjask and Drifblim also helped to solidify the offense matchup, and at that point it was more about fitting in the right balance core for the team. I think it overall works because the team just fits together nicely, the recent addition of Mawile hurts it a lot but it still manages to stick together pretty well and have a solid wincon every game.

2. Have you received any useful feedback for your team?

Both Anty and 2xTheTap gave me similar helpful suggestions in handling some Flying types a bit better by changing Gabite. Overall I preferred Anty's version simply because it also works better in the new Mawile metagame, which seems odd because Probopass actually traps it but the resurgence of random Fire-types like Simisear makes Stunfisk slightly better here.

3. Is there any advice you'd like to give to future RMT posters?

Please stop using weird fonts or big colored letters, pretty much any other mistake can still leave a good RMT but the team could be perfect and I still wouldn't force myself to read through an ugly enough RMT. Simple is typically fine, and if the team has merit and you really know it well and can put useful, thoughtful descriptions, the RMT will be good anyway, especially to people who know the tier and find it interesting.

Thanks for taking the time to do the interview man and congrats again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)