RMT of the Week V5: Week 37

Vote for the RMT of the Week!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
RMT of the Week
co-hosted by Team Pokepals and Snowy.

Want your team noticed by a lot of people? Do you want all the efforts you put into testing your team and writing up your RMT to count? This is where RMT of the Week comes in! The aim of this project is to give people who put effort into making quality RMTs the attention they deserve. There are a lot of teams out there that are well-built and presented, but often left in the dark. Not anymore!

Concept
  • Every week, we will nominate a few teams as candidates for the RMT of the Week.
  • These teams are put in a poll. Everyone can vote for the team they think is most deserving of the award.
  • At the end of the week, the winner will be the team that receives the most votes.
Prizes

So what's in it for the winners? Well, the winning team will be announced on social media. It will also be recorded in the Hall of Fame, which will be posted in the OP for each week, and people are encouraged to rate it. Winning the RMT of the Week also increases the chance of having your RMT added to the Team Showcase, subject to review, since it brings it to the notice of the staff. Finally, the winner will have an opportunity to give a brief interview.

RMT Requirements
  • Make sure your team is viable and effective: This one is self-explanatory. If your team doesn't fit into its tier or metagame, or lacks any kind of success, it won't have a high chance of being selected. It doesn't have to be archive worthy though, and it doesn't have to have peaked at #1; a moderately successful team can make it, but it has to work.
  • Your team should be well-presented: Wouldn't you enjoy posting in a thread more if it was visually appealing? If you put effort into presenting your team attractively, people will be more willing to rate it. We appreciate it when you take time to improve the quality of your RMTs, as it enhances the quality of the forum.
  • Be nice and receptive to people's opinions: No one likes to rate the team of a close-minded person!
For those whose teams are selected, don't ask anyone, be it friends or anyone else, on the forums or on PS! to vote for you. For friends of the people whose teams get selected, the same goes for you as well: please don't post the link in chat rooms to try and get people to vote.

The first time someone is caught cheating, their team will be disqualified and removed from the ongoing week. If someone is caught cheating for a second time, they will be permanently banned from the project.

Week 1:

[OU] Tripple Weather Is Stronk - Bluwing

Week 2:

[OU] Fight to the Finish - Team Pokepals

Week 3:

[UU] Rock 'N Roll Suicide - Hogg

Week 4:

[OU] Lord Cobalion and the cute Mew - Costi

Week 5:

[UU] Real Friends - Shiba

Week 6:

[RU] Dance All Night - Feliburn

Week 7:

[Anything Goes] Philophobia - Dream Eater Gengar

Week 8:

[PU] 3005 - Dundies

Week 9:

[OU] Mexican Cena - Darkreaper215

Week 10:

[NU] i still play bp lol - iplaytennislol

Week 11:

[Ubers] Mega Mence is disgusting - Sweep

Week 12:

[PU] Ice Ice Baby - Paraplegic

Week 13:

[RBY] Memento /cpg/ - Bedschibaer

Week 14:

[UU] UU Stall - dodmen & hilarious

Week 15:

[UU] Handwritten - Mazz

Week 16:

[OU] demons - p2

Week 17:

[Ubers] Exceeded Darkness - Lacus Clyne

Week 18:

[RU] 'rco dio mi sculano - fran17

Week 19:

[PU] Athletic - Megazard

Week 20:

[OU] The Jaws of Life Hold the Keys to Success - MattyBrollic

Week 21:

[Battle Spot] Infinity's TactiSand - cant say

Week 22:

[Ubers] A Different Xerneas! - Mysterious M

Week 23:

[OU] End of All - TDK

Week 24:

[RU] RegiMola: The Origination - -Tsunami-

Week 25:

[Ubers] Sahara's Subduers - LucosDICampos

Week 26:

[Ubers] Take It To Reality - Ha In Kang

Week 27:

[BW] Gliding Over All - Smurf.

Week 28:

[UU] Bonfire - Hairy Toenail

Week 29:

[NU] Discipline - Blast

Week 30:

[OU] The Banned Chronicles Part 5 "Cold Water Is Inconceivable" - Asuya

Week 31:

[Ubers] marquise diamond - Arii Stella

Week 32:

[PU] Taystee: Klang Balanced Team - PTF

Week 33:

[OU] XTRA CHIRP$ - xtra$hine

Week 34:

[RU] Post Tyrantrum Stress Disorder - ClaimingRobin

Week 35:

[NU] Sry, I'm Late - DnB

Week 36:

[Ubers] Phantom Force - James Jimmy

Week 37 nominees:

1. [OU] Chansey Offense - Empo

2. [UU] Bulk Up Conkeldurr Balance - dodmen

3. [RU] Intrigue - MrAldo

4. [RU] garden of delete - 49

5. [LC] Three Birds, One Cup - Heysup

6. [LC] goons n goblins - rozes

7. [Anything Goes] Paranoia - iLlama

8. [AAA] Meme Dreams - LaxLapras

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Caught up with last week's winner James Jimmy to ask him a few questions about his Ubers RMT, Phantom Force!

1. Can you give a brief description of your team? What do you think is the reason behind its success?

As I say in my RMT, the team focuses on E-Killer (Arceus-Normal), one of the best sweepers in the ORAS Ubers metagame, as a late-game sweeper. Its synergy with Mega Gengar and Rayquaza is amazing, as they take care of all its usual checks. Various people have used it on both the ladder and tournamets and have succeeded mainly because it's easy to use, even for newer players. The Rayquaza set in particular has surprised lots and lots of people thinking they can check it with Bronzong, Arceus-Dragon or bringing in Mega Salamence. I've had lots of fun using this set.

2. Have you received any useful feedback for your team?

Yes, some of the rates I got where very useful, both on my thread and on PS!. I had lots of discussions via PM with various users on PS! about this team (who also helped me test it) so I can't really name all of them. But thanks to everyone, especially in the Ubers room!

3. Is there any advice you'd like to give to RMT posters?

Try to make your RMTs as easy and fun to read as possible, straight to the point, and be as consistent as possible with your wording and spelling. Also, try to get a good artist for a nice banner, be extra careful about your layout and maybe get a few good friends to help with things like proof-reading, etc.

Thanks for taking the time do this, and congrats again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)