Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [Gen 4] An RMT For a Dead Meta - Nails

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
RMT of the Week
co-hosted by Yagura, Team Pokepals and Snowy.
approved by IronBullet and Jirachee

Ever wanted your team rated and noticed by a lot of people? Do you want all the efforts you put into testing your team, editing it and finalizing it to count? This is where RMT of the Week comes in! This aim of this project is to give people who put effort into making quality RMTs the attention they deserve. There are a lot of teams that aren't exactly archive worthy but are extremely well-built and presented, and often left in the dark. Not anymore!

The concept is fairly simple:
  • Every week, we will nominate a few teams to be candidates for the RMT of the Week.
  • These teams are put in a poll. Everyone can vote for the team they think is the most deserving of the award.
  • At the end of the week, the winner will be the team that receives the most votes.
So what's in it for the winners? Well, the winning team will be announced on social media. It will also be recorded in the Hall of Fame, which will be posted in the OP for each week, and people are encouraged to rate it. Winning the RMT of the Week also increases the chance of having your RMT added to Team Showcase, subject to review, since it brings it to the notice of the staff. Finally, the winner will have an opportunity to give a brief interview.

Now you're probably thinking, "Why would people rate this team in particular? After all, it's no different from any other team." Yeah, maybe. But this is the perfect opportunity for all you unbadged raters to draw attention to yourselves. If you post good rates for the RMT of the Week, something that most of the staff is going to look at, you increase your chances of earning the Team Rater

What sort of teams are going to be selected for this award? If you are interested in getting your team shortlisted, here are some things that you can do to increase your chances:
  • Make sure your team is viable and effective: This one is self-explanatory. If your team doesn't fit into its tier or metagame, or lacks any kind of success, it won't have a high chance of being selected. It doesn't have to be archive worthy though, and it doesn't have to have peaked at #1; a moderately successful team can make it, but it has to work.
  • Your team should be well-presented: Wouldn't you enjoy posting in a thread more if it was visually appealing? Yeah, me too. If you put effort into presenting your team attractively, more people will be happy to rate it. We appreciate when you take time to improve the quality of their RMTs, as it enhances the quality of the forum.
  • Be nice and receptive to people's opinions: No one likes to rate a close-minded person's team!
For those whose teams are selected, don't ask anyone, be it friends or anyone else, on the forums or on PS! to vote for you. For friends of the people whose teams get selected, the same goes for you as well: please don't post the link in chat rooms to try and get people to vote.

The first time someone is caught cheating, their team will be disqualified and removed from the ongoing week. If someone is caught cheating for a second time, they will be permanently banned from the project.

Week 1:

[OU] Tripple Weather Is Stronk - Bluwing

Week 2:

[OU] Fight to the Finish - Team Pokepals

Week 3:

[UU] Rock 'N Roll Suicide - Hogg

Week 4:

[OU] Lord Cobalion and cute Mew - Costi

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
We caught up with last week's winner Costi to ask him a few questions about his OU RMT, Lord Cobalion and the cute Mew!

1. Can you give a brief description of your team? What do you think is the reason behind its success?

The concept of the team is fairly simple. I basically have 2 win conditions in Cobalion and Mega Gyarados who have a great synergy together. I have 2 breakers in Mew and Latios, and 2 pivots in Landorus-T and Jirachi. The team is a bulky offense one whose goal is to catch off guards opponent with the LO Mew set in order to give more setup opportunities to Mega Gyarados and Cobalion. It has a nice defensive synergy in Lando + Latios + Jirachi, being able to check the most prominent threats in OU like Mega Lopunny, Talonflame, Keldeo, Latios and the fairies.

The reason behind the success of this team is Mew. Lures are, in my opinion, one of the most effective way to have a successful team and the team climbed the ladders so easily thanks to the ability of Mew of catching off guard the majority of my opponents, which opened up huge holes on the opposition for an easier time for Mega Gyarados and Cobalion.

2. Have you found the feedback that you've received in the forum to be helpful?

While it's always appreciated having feedback, I think that in this case the rates were just not that good for a couple of reasons.

- First of all most rates were not rates because people only replied to make me a compliment (which I appreciated!!!) of not using the usual boring stuff.
- Guys who tried to make changes basically only suggested to put Expert Belt on mew. Only one tried to say different things, like changing the Latios and Mega Gyarados set to have some better matchups

I didn't receive any rate on how to better reach the goal of the team, which is, as I said, win with Mega Gyarados and Cobalion. I can give you some examples.
The option for this team are a ton and the room for improvement too. I would have appreciated if someone, for example, told me:

"Is EQ really needed on Mew when half of your team already has little issue with Heatran? You can test something else, like defog + 3 attacks on mew and have a second lure on Latios to ease a sweep even further."

"Is the combination of Latios + HW Jirachi the best one for the team? Or you could put Latias > Latios and see if there is something better as a pivot for Jirachi that maybe cover more and don't worsen some matchups?"

These are just examples, only to say that no one truly focused on the goal of the team when rated it.

3. Is there any advice you'd like to give to future RMT posters?

I think every team has room for improvement and no team is perfect. When you build, before you post the RMT, you have a TON of possibilities and often when you have the first pattern of the team, you can find many diverse ways to deal with threats. Just test all of them and see what is the more effective. People often build a team, test that version making like 1 or just 2 changes and then post the RMT. I'd say that people should be more confident with what they build before posting it.

Secondly, I think what people always miss is the goal of the team. When you build an RMT I think you should focus more on what is the goal and why that pokemon is better than another to reach that goal. This ease the rates for others. If you, on the OP, explain why you picked LandT instead of Garchomp or Scarf Jirachi, instead of defensive or Latios instead of Latias and so on, you give a more insight point of you for the raters who can overall comprehend better your build and give you the better rate back.

TL.DR.
- Test it, test it, test it.
- Be clear and kind when posting
- Explain your choices and how they contribute to the goal of the team

Thanks for taking the time to do this man and congrats once again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)