Gen 3 RMT - Offensive BP

I saw this team once and decided to improve it. anyway, it works...

THE LEAD (AND PASSER Nº1)

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

The strategy here is quite simple: Try to pass a Sub/Agility for Celebi, who can boost his attack (thanks to the high endurance power) or even to the other team members if an immediate offense is needed.

Standart EV's here.

Weak to
Ground (Celebi takes it)
Resist
Electric (it helps too much) and Steel (this doesnt help much. Machamp/Metagross already take it)

THE PASSER Nº2

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs:
252 HP / 160 Def / 32 Spd / 64 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Swords Dance

Natural Bulk + resistance to ground (this is awesome) + Recover = the best SD Passer, IMO. Shadow Ball is for coverage and for those pesky Alakazam/Gengar, who think that can easily beat me. It got a load of weaknesses, but all of them are covered by the team. Recover+Serene Grace gives him the ability to BP many more times

Thanks to
HeYsUp For the Evs

Weak to
Fire (Pass to Flygon) Ice (Pass to Metagross) Bug (Pass to Machamp) Poison (Pass to Metagross) Ghost/Dark (Pass to Machamp/Metagross) and flying (Pass to Metagross)
Resist
Ground (<3) Water/Grass for the team, Electric ( But jolty does it better) and Fighting
(Even if RSE lacks a good fighting move)

THE RECEIVERS

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

First receiver. The point here is to destroy Bulky waters. If he gets a +2 in attack, EQ 2HKOes all of them (Bar 252/252 Bold Suicune).I'm not sure about HP-Bug. Its only useful against Celebi, and skarmory is 2HKOed by Fire Blast (I got a counter to skarm, but sometimes losing a boost means lose them game)
Please help me with that.

The EVs here are the 252/252 standart.

Weak to
Ice (Metagross) and Dragon (Metagross absorb them xD)
Resist
Fire (for Celebi and Metagross), Poison (even if Metagross takes them better), and Rock
Having immunity to both
(Rock resist is always cool)Ground and Electric is always cool (even if jolteon takes Electric better)

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs:
140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spd
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

Easy to use. key resistances (that can be used with the other team members) to enter in the field easily and destroy. If destroyed enough, or met something like a vappy (that carry Haze) BOOM. I just must watch out for Protect vappy (but i dont there are many Wish+Haze vappy. its all about scouting)
Rock Slide allows me to beat Zapdos and Moltres, who wall this set cold. Meteor Mash gives it raw power, since a +2 STAB MM coming from a 359 attack hurts anything.

Unless the opponent is using a 252/252 Metagross, its OHKOed by a +2 Eq. I needed EVs I defense for covering the rest of the team ( even if the purpose is sweeping)

Weak to ground (Celebi) and Fire (Flygon)
Resist
Normal (helpfull overall) Grass (helps Flygon) Ice (Celebi/Flygon), Flying (Celebi again =D) Rock (i love to take TTar's Rock Slide, even if Machamp does it better) Psychic (lol) Dragon (lol²) and Steel (usefull for taking Random MMs).

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def / 4 Spd
- Cross Chop
- Rest
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk

I needed a status absorber, that could take TTar well and receive my BPs. I was between Hariyama and Machamp. Chose Machamp for the raw power , basically. I love to rest in their face with a +2/+2 Machamp and activate guts. It Hurts. Seriously.
But this set have a problem: The bad accuracy. 80 accuracy may seem good, but it really sucks. whenever i NEED to hit, when i NEED to kill.... it misses.
Low Kick is kinda unrealiable, but im pretty sure it can do it work. Will test it.

Ripped from the analysis.

THE 'HAH! GOT YOU'

Magneton @ Salac Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+Stak, -Atk)
- Endure
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Skarms is a threat. Nobody else is using it, but its still a threat to this team. Whats better to solve this than the best Skarm counter in the game? Unless he's a god in prediction and WW right off the bat, the skarm is down.
Nobody uses Jolly Trio anymore, since it cant beat blissey one on one. So when the duggy comes, i endure+salac berry to outspeed it and OHKO.
IEndure+Substitute may seem redundant, but sub gives me more free attacks, while endure allows me to do a revenge kill. The point i love about sub is: I sub as they take their vaporeon out, and bring the Swampert/Ground type. I can now make a clean 2HKO with Hp-Grass. But i dont know.... maybe Thunder Wave?

Standart EVs.

Well, this team is having sucess, thanks to the synergy. I saw no major threat but Hax and Mence. All i can do to mence is to weak it as much as possible and ASAP, but if any of my sweepers get a SD, mence can be bring down easily)

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Shadow Ball is useless on Metagross always. Use Rock Slide or Sludge Bomb. I'm not sure what you mean by synergy. It looks like a very awkward team.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
This team NEEDS a mr mime, perish song rapes you. Maybe try an ingrain passer.

On another note, too many colors hurt my eyes, next time, try formatting it a little differently, and maybe adding pictures and more of an explanation.

Team
1)When i say synergy, i mean that every Celebi (and jolteon)weakness can be covered by a stat receiver. I used to have Gyarados in TTar's place.
2)Ace, this is not supposed to be a full BP team. It isnt even dependant on it. I just use BP to improve it.
3) Making quick calcs: SBx2 = 160BP; MMx1.5=150BP. SB is only usefull against....dusclops lol. But i will use Rock Slide, so i dont get walled by Zapdos and (lol) Moltres/Charizard

Appearance
1) I gave it colors so it wouldnt be a plain text thats boring
2) For a strange reason, i can't put pictures o.o If i copy adress in bar/by right clicking, the site name appears, only

I'm not sure about TTar, it isnt working as i wished..any suggestions over him? i think Flygon/Gyarados could work (making a Gyarajolt combo so i can try my little BP chain one more time)

I just thought about flygon and will try it

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Plain text is usually the most understandable. as for pictures theres a little picture button, copy and paste the picture link into it when prompted and it should come up.

This team NEEDS a mr mime, perish song rapes you. Maybe try an ingrain passer.
I don't understand. I thought the reason why perish song beats BP teams so hard was because they were ingrained and couldn't switch out. This team lacks ingrain, so it can switch out of perish song anytime as long as they aren't mean looked.

I mean, sure you lose your boosts, but this isn't a full BP team; you should be able to see that there are two baton passers who try to quickly get their boosts to the attackers. There are three attackers so even if one of them gets killed the chain is still around.
Appearance
1) I gave it colors so it wouldnt be a plain text thats boring
2) For a strange reason, i can't put pictures o.o If i copy adress in bar/by right clicking, the site name appears, only
plain text is fine this is smogon son we don't care about aesthetics

use [ img ] tags [ /img ]

I don't understand. I thought the reason why perish song beats BP teams so hard was because they were ingrained and couldn't switch out. This team lacks ingrain, so it can switch out of perish song anytime as long as they aren't mean looked.

I mean, sure you lose your boosts, but this isn't a full BP team; you should be able to see that there are two baton passers who try to quickly get their boosts to the attackers. There are three attackers so even if one of them gets killed the chain is still around.
You got my point about having 3 strong attackers that can do their work by theirselves and with the boosts.
Anyway, you havent rated (?) my team. I would be pleased if you do.
And thanks for the

Yeah i know... "I saw no major threat but Hax and Mence"
He's THE reason i try to pass to metagross first(specially agility), since he isnt OHKOed by any DD Version, and can KO back with Rock Slide.
The best i can do against him is send metagross and Rock Slide/Explode (it depends). CB Mence is a HUGE threat, but can be stopped with prediction (my pokemons can resist EQ(flygon and celebi)/HP-Flying(Metagross)/Rock Slide (Metagross)/ Fire Blast(Flygon, and celebi can stall it)

Any suggestion to kick him?

I saw this team once and decided to improve it. anyway, it works...

A Legal BP team cool.

THE LEAD (AND PASSER Nº1)

Jolteon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 6 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

The strategy here is quite simple: Try to pass a Sub/Agility for Celebi, who can boost his attack (thanks to the high endurance power) or even to the other team members if an immediate offense is needed.

Standart EV's here.

It works, ive used it before. It could use HP Grass to hit swapert though, as roar is annoying especialy for your receiveers.

Weak to Ground (Celebi takes it)
Resist Electric (it helps too much) and Steel (this doesnt help much. Machamp/Metagross already take it)

THE PASSER Nº2

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 184 HP / 168 Def / 156 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Swords Dance

Natural Bulk + resistance to ground (this is awesome) + Recover = the best SD Passer, IMO. Shadow Ball is for coverage and for those pesky Alakazam/Gengar, who think that can easily beat me. It got a load of weaknesses, but all of them are covered by the team. Recover+Serene Grace gives him the ability to BP many more times

EV's are not specific, they just give me good survivability.

Weak to Fire (Pass to Flygon) Ice (Pass to Metagross) Bug (Pass to Machamp) Poison (Pass to Metagross) Ghost/Dark (Pass to Machamp/Metagross) and flying (Pass to Metagross)
Resist Ground (<3) Water/Grass for the team, Electric ( But jolty does it better) and Fighting
(Even if RSE lacks a good fighting move)

Try using my spread from my RMT, its specifically designed to do what yours is doing.

THE RECEIVERS

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

First receiver. The point here is to destroy Bulky waters. If he gets a +2 in attack, EQ 2HKOes all of them (Bar 252/252 Bold Suicune).I'm not sure about HP-Bug. Its only useful against Celebi, and skarmory is 2HKOed by Fire Blast (I got a counter to skarm, but sometimes losing a boost means lose them game)
Please help me with that.

The EVs here are the 252/252 standart.

Weak to Ice (Metagross) and Dragon (Metagross absorb them xD)
Resist Fire (for Celebi and Metagross), Poison (even if Metagross takes them better), and Rock
Having immunity to both (Rock resist is always cool)Ground and Electric is always cool (even if jolteon takes Electric better)

Definately Fire Blast or Giga Drain over Quick Attack.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 85 Atk / 172 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

Easy to use. key resistances (that can be used with the other team members) to enter in the field easily and destroy. If destroyed enough, or met something like a vappy (that carry Haze) BOOM. I just must watch out for Protect vappy (but i dont there are many Wish+Haze vappy. its all about scouting)
Rock Slide allows me to beat Zapdos and Moltres, who wall this set cold. Meteor Mash gives it raw power, since a +2 STAB MM coming from a 359 attack hurts anything.

Unless the opponent is using a 252/252 Metagross, its OHKOed by a +2 Eq. I needed EVs I defense for covering the rest of the team ( even if the purpose is sweeping)

Weak to ground (Celebi) and Fire (Flygon)
Resist Normal (helpfull overall) Grass (helps Flygon) Ice (Celebi/Flygon), Flying (Celebi again =D) Rock (i love to take TTar's Rock Slide, even if Machamp does it better) Psychic (lol) Dragon (lol²) and Steel (usefull for taking Random MMs).

No need for that much speed, you can use the Standard spread with only minor EVs in Speed to maximize its bulk. Its faster than everything after an agility with 196 speed.

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def / 4 Spd
- Cross Chop
- Rest
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk

I needed a status absorber, that could take TTar well and receive my BPs. I was between Hariyama and Machamp. Chose Machamp for the raw power , basically. I love to rest in their face with a +2/+2 Machamp and activate guts. It Hurts. Seriously.
But this set have a problem: The bad accuracy. 80 accuracy may seem good, but it really sucks. whenever i NEED to hit, when i NEED to kill.... it misses.
Low Kick is kinda unrealiable, but im pretty sure it can do it work. Will test it.

Interesting i like it.

Ripped from the analysis.

THE 'HAH! GOT YOU'

Magneton @ Salac Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+Stak, -Atk)
- Endure
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Skarms is a threat. Nobody else is using it, but its still a threat to this team. Whats better to solve this than the best Skarm counter in the game? Unless he's a god in prediction and WW right off the bat, the skarm is down.
Nobody uses Jolly Trio anymore, since it cant beat blissey one on one. So when the duggy comes, i endure+salac berry to outspeed it and OHKO.
IEndure+Substitute may seem redundant, but sub gives me more free attacks, while endure allows me to do a revenge kill. The point i love about sub is: I sub as they take their vaporeon out, and bring the Swampert/Ground type. I can now make a clean 2HKO with Hp-Grass. But i dont know.... maybe Thunder Wave?

Standart EVs.

I suggest leftovers/Metal Sound on this.

Well, this team is having sucess, thanks to the synergy. I saw no major threat but Hax and Mence. All i can do to mence is to weak it as much as possible and ASAP, but if any of my sweepers get a SD, mence can be bring down easily)
Looks fairly decent, my team is pretty similar.

neither donphan neither forry can take continuous switch-ins/hits, since they lack a recovery move. Forry can be taken most times by forry (many of them carry Explosion/Spikes/Rapid Spin/Rock Slide(for mence))

Jolteon: Cant put Hp-Grass over anything, since agility IS needed. Celebi also walls swampert (due to his low Stak), and, since they lack a recovery move, i can destroy.

Celebi: Very thanks a lot (lol)

Flygon: Quick Attack helps too much with weakened Ninjask, and is my only option against Reversalers (specially Heracross) I wish i could use 6 moves, though

Metagross: Could you be more specific about the EVs?

Machamp: I LOVE LOW KICK

Magneton: i wish i could use lefties and salac berry lol. but i cant, so i use Salac to kill those pesky duggyes

If you see a Forry with Rock Slide, please tell me, because I thought the normal set was Earthquake/ Spikes/ Spin/ Explosion because it doesn't care about silly Salamences, it cares about getting spikes out there, and a big road block for spikes is Maggy. Now that I look, Claydol (lol) can block most of your team as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)