1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

RMT - OU...

Discussion in 'Past Gen Teams' started by CB-12, Mar 31, 2008.

1. CB-12

CB-12

This is my Diamond team and i'm pretty happy with it but it can be improved. I would like your opinions on what could be changed to cover more weakenesses and to have a bigger threat.

Team at a glance:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is my team that has been destroying my friends teams but i think that it could be improved for online play.

Gengar@ Life Orb
    [​IMG]
    6 HP/252 Special Attack/252 Speed

Timid Nature

-Hypnosis
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

This is my opener and it works well as the only pokes that can outspeed this that i have been up against is Jolteon, Ninjask and Weavile. My general tactic with Gengar is to switch in, Hypnosis, switch out for another sweeper or sweep itself. All out special sweeper.

Salamence@ Choice Band

[​IMG]

96 Attack/252 Special Attack/162 Speed

Adamant Nature

-Hydro Pump
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Claw
    -Crunch

Salamence is a mixed sweeper that so that it can take down Skarmory, Forretress, Hippowdon and Blissey with ease. My friends say that this is a nightmare to defend against. This can be switched in after Gengar uses hypnosis.

Infernape@ Expert Belt
    [​IMG]

252 Speed/126 Special Attack/126 Attack

Naive Nature

-Flamethrower
    -Close Combat
    -Grass Knot
    -Thunderpunch

Another mixed sweeper. Infernape does the same job as Salamence does but is covers different types compared to Salamence. This can be switched in after Gengar uses hypnosis.

Gyarados@ Leftovers

[​IMG]

212 HP/16 Attack/180 Defence/100 Speed

Adamant Nature

-Waterfall
    -Ice Fang
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Dance

This is sort of a tank as ive added HP on the EV's. Pretty standard moveset but people think i should put in taunt but i cant see the point. Can someone tell me why taunt is good on Gyarados?

Skarmory@ Leftovers

[​IMG]

252 HP/252 Defence/6 Special Defence

Impish Nature

-Roost
    -Stealth Rock
    -Whirlwind
    -Drill Peck

Amazing defensive wall that can whirlwind away special attackers and set up stealth rock after Gengar has put the opponent to sleep. Drill peck is there so i have an attack.

Blissey@ Leftovers

[​IMG]

252 HP/252 Special Defence/6 Defence

Bold Nature

-Aromatherapy
    -Softboiled
    -Psychic
    -Ice Beam

A slightly different Blissey compared to the normal. Aromatherapy is too heal the team and psychic for any fighting types that switch in thinking they will sweep up. Softboiled is standard and ice beam is for Dugtrio or other rock/ground types.

I have hydro pump on Salamence but i think i need more coverage for high defence ground types. Any suggestions?

Cheers for reading, please RMT.
  2. chaos 9

chaos 9

your team dies to mixape after gar is down. kills both walls and gyra with g knot after a nasty plot. put in cress to help that maybe over blissy.
  3. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Personally as a starter, I'd have Gengar either hold: Focus Sash, Colbur Berry or Choice Scarf. The reasoning here is that you just don't want Weavile to start the match up 6-5 since Gar will be dead at that.

As for the team, it's quite sweeper heavy, but I'd be worried at some threats, such as Garchomp and Infernape. To try to fix this without changing up your Pokes, I'd try to work in Wish onto Blissey so it can help heal Gyarados to repeatedly switch in. With all this said in mind, you might want to pick Choice Scarf for Gengar as previously discussed to ensure a revenge kill.
  4. junior

junior heard ur boyf was away this weekend, wanna meet at my place
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Gengar, as Mop said, needs Choice Scarf or Focus Sash. Those are the two most effective items for a lead Gengar although both have their pros and cons. With the amount of Sand Storm teams around, Sash isn't the best idea. Tyranitar and Hippowdon leads can hurt your sash a lot. It is, however, good for taking a hit and dishing a huge amount back, though I would generally not rely on Focus Sash unless it is immune to Sand Storm. Choice Scarf is nice though. It lets you outpace almost everything and deal large amount of damage. This also allows you to take down Weavile leads without being threatened. You can also make it Modest to hit harder than any other Gengar and threaten anything not named Blissey or Snorlax. The bad thing is that it is locked into an attack. Both are still better than Life Orb for a Gengar lead though.

Infernape's EVs are too random. Fix them up and make it the standard set of 24 Atk, 236/252 Speed, 236/252 Special Attack. This allows you to tear down walls who would otherwise give you trouble since one single wall will force you to switch. For example, Skarmory on Gyarados, Blissey on Gengar and Cresselia on Salamence.

I don't like the idea of a MixSweeping Salamence with -SpA nature and Chioce Band. Mix Sweepers needs versatility so replace that with Life Orb and give Salamence Brick Break.

Your team is quite weak in terms of defense. Any heavy attackers can tear this team apart quite quickly. Among many hard hitters, Mamoswine, Garchomp and Gengar with explosion pose a big threat to this team. I think you should consider having another wall over one of your mixsweeper so it is more stable.
  5. DiamondMaster

DiamondMaster

Blissey NEEDS Def EVs, esle it dies to everything, and Skarmory needs brave Bird over drill peck!
  6. dingusxavier

dingusxavier

The last time I met a Blissey with no defensive EVs, I OHKO'd it with a Choice Scarf Flygon Earthquake. Really.

So, yeah, get defenses on that sucker.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)