XY OU RMT peak'd at 1642

Let me just start off by saying, I AM GARBAGE AT MAKING TEAMS. Great, so now that's out of the way, I chose to make a sticky web team centered around the powerhouse monstrosity, Mega Heracross. I feel that my team does need a lot of editing however so please give me your recommendations.

Additionally, if you guys could help me find someone who counters sweepers that would fit well in my team please tell me :)

So without further delay, lets begin!

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
Alright, so first off, my relatively conventional smeargle. Dark void to hit Breloom and Venasaur, stealth rocks as a reliant entry hazard, and the almighty sticky web support which allows Heracross to run rampant. And finally encore to prevent set up and trap suicide leads.

upload_2014-7-27_0-22-5.png

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
Heracross is the core of my team, this set allows him to hit almost every mon in the tier like a truck, with a close combat guaranteed to 2HKO. The reason i took EQ over the more common swords dance is because i usually get Heracross in after one on my team has died, looking to eagerly devour whoever he sends in as a sacrifice. I don't usually hard switch in Heracross because a pokemon with levitate or a flying type isn't affected by sticky web, resulting in my core being outsped and usually defeated. Finally, i took 64 hp for survivability with 192 allowing me to outspeed Greninja after sticky web.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Extrasensory
- Calm Mind
Very standard calm mind set, chose this over rock polish because it is generally not needed with sticky web, additionally, i took CM over focus blast because i simply cant rely on its accuracy after watching one of Pokeaim's recent videos (Shoutout to Joey) Finally, i feel he compliments my team because he is a hard hitting specially offensive mon who is not ridiculously fast, so he still takes advantage of sticky web.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
Send in, Break stall, win game. Simple as that. I know i have two calm mind users, but it honestly just fits in so well with my sets that i dont really see a big problem with it. Took the defense ev's to tank physical hits while i can set up SpD later. Lastly, Flamethrower to hit the ever prevalent venasaur, scizor, ferrothorn, etc.
upload_2014-7-27_0-12-56.png

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
Spinblocker. Air balloon for Excadrill and Landorus. Aegislash has always been a mon that creates 50/50's and in my low elo, people's patterns are usually really easy to recognize (guiltily i one of these people) Also, shadow ball hits alot of the pokemon in the tier for ridiculous damage, so i want to take advantage of it while it is still in OU. Shadow sneak for priority. (PLEASE HELP MY EV SPREAD, as this is the first time i have ever used/made an Aegislash)

upload_2014-7-27_0-25-18.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
I chose Tyranitar for the much needed fire resist, and someone who can take special attacks on a switch in. I know my team is sticky web, but the scarf is needed for threats like latios and latias who could potentially defog away my hazards. Also great talonflame check, as it is a huge problem for my Heracross.

So that is my team. I know it needs alot of work, but any help you guys would be willing to give would be much appreciated! Im open to all suggestions including the substitution of pokemon (pls dont say level 1 aron) thanks for your help!

Reactions: Nog

Unbirthday

TOP QUALITY POSTS
Hey this is a pretty cool team and ScarfTar in particular is a good idea to handle Pokemon many Sticky Web teams have trouble with such as Bisharp and Pinsir/Talonflame. Most of your Pokemon seem to be in place, but your team is rather weak to water attacks so Greninja/Keldeo get to spam Hydro Pump unhindered. For that reason, and because Clefable seems to be the weak link of this team by taking away all of your momentum and letting Excadrill/Zapdos pretty much Defog for free, I would suggest swapping it out for Azumarill. With Azumarill, you have something that can reliably take hits from the aforementioned Keldeo as well as Greninja and hit them both back hard. It also allows you to do a lot better against both Landorus and Excadrill as you can do massive damage to them and tank their hits a lot better than Clefable ever could. While you lose a stallbreaker, you honestly have enough stall breaking presence between Mega Heracross and Landorus so it shouldn't be too big of an issue. I would consider using Taunt on Smeargle over Encore so slower Defoggers such as Mandibuzz or Zapdos can't simply get rid of your hazards as you don't have a Defiant Pokemon to take advantage of Defog. It also prevents your opponent from setting up with something slower that becomes faster than Smeargle after a post after something has been slept such as Mega Tyranitar, who is a significant threat to your team. Your Heracross does not outspeed Greninja because you'll have 10 less speed after Mega Evolving. If you're still interested in outspeeding Greninja you need 180 EVs with a Jolly nature but that's probably not needed with Azumarill around, so I'd stick to Adamant's power. If you're staying with Adamant, your set works just fine.

In addition to Psychic over Extrasensory you should also consider dropping Sludge Wave for. You said you hate its accuracy, but Focus Blast is still very useful to OHKO Skarmory (thus preventing Defog), Air Balloon Excadrill and to 2HKO Chansey after a Calm Mind, meaning you can actually break stall in an efficient manner. You can also consider Hidden Power Ice to hit Specially Defensive Gliscor, thus making Heracross' job a bit easier. Sludge Wave is not needed though, as Earth Power disposes of Azumarill and Clefable just fine while Togekiss/Celebi are rare and setup bait anyway. On Aegislash you want more speed, probably enough to outspeed Mega Tyranitar after Sticky Web, but you can definitely run more. I would also consider Life Orb over Air Balloon as, while it does leave you a bit more open to Landorus and Excadrill, it is incredibly powerful and really limits the amount of things that want to switch into it. If you go that route you definitely want to run max Speed to outspeed Pokemon such as Keldeo after Sticky Web and hit them hard. There's a lot you can do with Aegislash on this team, so just try out a few sets and see which one you like the most. Finally, I would give Tyranitar Superpower over Earthquake as it OHKOs Bisharp who is a huge threat to you when it gets a Sticky Web boost from Defiant while Earthquake just barely falls short. It also does a lot more to both Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados, which is really important. Between Landorus, Mega Heracross and Azumarill/Tyranitar doing quite a bit too, Mawile is less of a threat than those two. Finally, I would would use a speed increasing nature and consider Ice Beam over Crunch/Pursuit (whichever you use the least) to give you another safety net against Landorus and Garchomp, as you can't OHKO the former and can't outspeed the latter if he is holding a Choice Scarf. You also outspeed Thundurus, who can also be rather threatening to your team.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SAtk / 88 Spe
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

OR

Aegislash @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- Sacred Sword / Head Smash / King's Shield

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SAtk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Pursuit / Ice Beam
- Crunch / Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
Hey this is a pretty cool team and ScarfTar in particular is a good idea to handle Pokemon many Sticky Web teams have trouble with such as Bisharp and Pinsir/Talonflame. Most of your Pokemon seem to be in place, but your team is rather weak to water attacks so Greninja/Keldeo get to spam Hydro Pump unhindered. For that reason, and because Clefable seems to be the weak link of this team by taking away all of your momentum and letting Excadrill/Zapdos pretty much Defog for free, I would suggest swapping it out for Azumarill. With Azumarill, you have something that can reliably take hits from the aforementioned Keldeo as well as Greninja and hit them both back hard. It also allows you to do a lot better against both Landorus and Excadrill as you can do massive damage to them and tank their hits a lot better than Clefable ever could. While you lose a stallbreaker, you honestly have enough stall breaking presence between Mega Heracross and Landorus so it shouldn't be too big of an issue. I would consider using Taunt on Smeargle over Encore so slower Defoggers such as Mandibuzz or Zapdos can't simply get rid of your hazards as you don't have a Defiant Pokemon to take advantage of Defog. It also prevents your opponent from setting up with something slower that becomes faster than Smeargle after a post after something has been slept such as Mega Tyranitar, who is a significant threat to your team. Your Heracross does not outspeed Greninja because you'll have 10 less speed after Mega Evolving. If you're still interested in outspeeding Greninja you need 180 EVs with a Jolly nature but that's probably not needed with Azumarill around, so I'd stick to Adamant's power. If you're staying with Adamant, your set works just fine.

In addition to Psychic over Extrasensory you should also consider dropping Sludge Wave for. You said you hate its accuracy, but Focus Blast is still very useful to OHKO Skarmory (thus preventing Defog), Air Balloon Excadrill and to 2HKO Chansey after a Calm Mind, meaning you can actually break stall in an efficient manner. You can also consider Hidden Power Ice to hit Specially Defensive Gliscor, thus making Heracross' job a bit easier. Sludge Wave is not needed though, as Earth Power disposes of Azumarill and Clefable just fine while Togekiss/Celebi are rare and setup bait anyway. On Aegislash you want more speed, probably enough to outspeed Mega Tyranitar after Sticky Web, but you can definitely run more. I would also consider Life Orb over Air Balloon as, while it does leave you a bit more open to Landorus and Excadrill, it is incredibly powerful and really limits the amount of things that want to switch into it. If you go that route you definitely want to run max Speed to outspeed Pokemon such as Keldeo after Sticky Web and hit them hard. There's a lot you can do with Aegislash on this team, so just try out a few sets and see which one you like the most. Finally, I would give Tyranitar Superpower over Earthquake as it OHKOs Bisharp who is a huge threat to you when it gets a Sticky Web boost from Defiant while Earthquake just barely falls short. It also does a lot more to both Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados, which is really important. Between Landorus, Mega Heracross and Azumarill/Tyranitar doing quite a bit too, Mawile is less of a threat than those two. Finally, I would would use a speed increasing nature and consider Ice Beam over Crunch/Pursuit (whichever you use the least) to give you another safety net against Landorus and Garchomp, as you can't OHKO the former and can't outspeed the latter if he is holding a Choice Scarf. You also outspeed Thundurus, who can also be rather threatening to your team.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SAtk / 88 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

OR

Aegislash @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- Sacred Sword / Head Smash / King's Shield

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SAtk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit / Ice Beam
- Crunch / Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
This has been EXTREMELY helpful and i fully appreciate the effort you have put in to make my team better. Unfortunately i found out about mega heracross's speed the hard way today against a greninja xD. The changes you have made are really helpful, but i feel that i am kinda vulnerable to stall without the magic guard, however i will definitely try all of your suggestions and once again thank you. :)

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey ryans2015 pretty sick team! I only have one suggestion as i feel user Unbirthday has hit everything on the mark. Just to be clear, I am in agreement with all of her changes. Taunt on Smeargle for slower Defog users. Azumarill fits well on the team as it helps you vs Keldeo and Greninja and can take advantage of stick web being up. Agreeing with Air Balloon mixed Aegislash as it breaks and prevents the Rapid Spin from Excadrill and then some. Also agreeing with the change of Extrasensory to Psychic as it is stronger and there is no added effect to Extrasensory due to Sheer Force. I feel Focus Blast is definitely helpful vs annoying pokemon such as Chansey, Skarmory who can defog and also hitting Air Balloon Excadrill.

Now for a change of my own. With various ways of dealing with Aegislash i feel that you can afford to drop Earthquake on Heracross, and replace it with Swords Dance. This gives you a way of completely plowing through stall and also gives you a nasty set up sweeper. With Swords Dance you are able to take out Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, a weakened Gliscor who can't do anything back to you as well as various other members on a common stall core.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast

Anyway, that's all i've got! Like i said, Unbirthday really hit everything on the mark. Cool team buddy, hope i helped! :]

Hey ryans2015 pretty sick team! I only have one suggestion as i feel user Unbirthday has hit everything on the mark. Just to be clear, I am in agreement with all of her changes. Taunt on Smeargle for slower Defog users. Azumarill fits well on the team as it helps you vs Keldeo and Greninja and can take advantage of stick web being up. Agreeing with Air Balloon mixed Aegislash as it breaks and prevents the Rapid Spin from Excadrill and then some. Also agreeing with the change of Extrasensory to Psychic as it is stronger and there is no added effect to Extrasensory due to Sheer Force. I feel Focus Blast is definitely helpful vs annoying pokemon such as Chansey, Skarmory who can defog and also hitting Air Balloon Excadrill.

Now for a change of my own. With various ways of dealing with Aegislash i feel that you can afford to drop Earthquake on Heracross, and replace it with Swords Dance. This gives you a way of completely plowing through stall and also gives you a nasty set up sweeper. With Swords Dance you are able to take out Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, a weakened Gliscor who can't do anything back to you as well as various other members on a common stall core.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast

Anyway, that's all i've got! Like i said, Unbirthday really hit everything on the mark. Cool team buddy, hope i helped! :]
Thank you for rating my team! i really appreciate you doing so. i have switched up my heracross into swords dance and i cant believe how well it actually works against stall, with a swords dance and a couple of crits i actually ohko'd a gliscor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)