Gen 3 RMT Please ;D

Ok, my team needs alot of help and fixing so I've come to here for suggestions. I don't get pissed off easily so you can flame me all you want (aslong as there's a good reason :p) and help me constuct a better team.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

An awesome offensive lead pokemonm with a great offensive typing. Leads like Forretress, Skarmory or Swampert usually screw this over though. Makes a great late-game sweeper too if it stays there long enough.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

I truly love this pokemon. Has the Pseudo Bolt/Beam combo and can cripple physical sweepers. HP is there to take some random hits and it does actually help a lot, turning many OHKO's into 2HKO's. Surf from Swampert is a 3HKO on Gengar, factoring in leftovers recovery. Destiny Bond takes out anything that might prove troublesome.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 68 Atk / 132 Def / 164 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Rest
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Last pokemon Snorlax. I save the Cursing till late-game and it takes Special hits fairly well. A pretty reliable pokemon. Shadow Ball so Gengar and Celebi don't stop me during mid-game.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk

Possibly, my favourite pokemon. It hits things very hard and works wonders. Weezing is a pain though. Sleep Talk so I can switch into Breloom or Milotic and hopefully KO them both with Megahorn. Sleep Talk can really screw me over though. Does very nicely against Bulky Waters if they stay in. Focus Punch does loads to Skarmory.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 34 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

Takes Physical hits nicely and is an awesome DDMence counter. Sometimes I've been thinking to replace this with Swampert to cope with Tar and Metagross better but losing Hypnosis, the water and ice resist, Marvel Scale is a bit too much.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd / 24 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Awesome revenge killer and it's funny how so many teams are weak to this. HP and SDef to take some special + physical hits. Also works well with Aero to take down CMSubRaikou.

Problems:

SubDDDos wrecks my team. I've been considering HP Electric over Ice Beam on Milotic just to deal with it. Aerodactyl can beat it, but it is asking a bit too much, especially if it's hiding behind a sub.
Zapdos?

I also have no Pseudo-Hazer so I lose to quite a few BP Teams. I try and send in Milotic or Dugtrio whenever I can to disrupt it but it barely ever works.
Zapdos? Swampert?

Last pokemon Snorlax could hurt me too.
Perish Song?

I'm embarrassingly weak to the ever popular SkarmBliss combo. I don't think Dugtrio can 2HKO the standard Blissey. Heracross does well if I predict right.
Magneton? CMJirachi?

I don't really have a Weezing counter either. I usually send in Snorlax or Milotic to absorb the Will-O-Wisps. Heck, I don't have a status absorber either.
Zapdos? Crocune?

My team is hurt by Spikes as well and I have no wish support to compensate for that.
Starmie? Vaporeon? Jirachi? Magneton, even.

Stall Teams in general are gay against this team.
Magneton? Boah?

CBHeracross. Skarmory? Forretress? Zapdos?

Endure/Reversalers/Flailers. Priority moves?

LSZapdos seems like a good choice but if he's in, I'd probably put Swampert in too to help with the Rock Weakness. I have a huge amount of problems with this team so I've come here, to Smogon to get some help. Thanks guys.

What a terrible Gengar picture. It makes me sad.
Problems:

SubDDDos wrecks my team. I've been considering HP Electric over Ice Beam on Milotic just to deal with it. Aerodactyl can beat it, but it is asking a bit too much, especially if it's hiding behind a sub.

HP Electric on Milotic isn't a bad idea.

I also have no Pseudo-Hazer so I lose to quite a few BP Teams. I try and send in Milotic or Dugtrio whenever I can to disrupt it but it barely ever works.
You could, if you want, put Swampert over Milotic. It would also make for a better Tyranitar counter.

Last pokemon Snorlax could hurt me too.
Not much people use last poke Snorlax, but if you have to beat it, you could either sleep it, Destiny Bond, or use your own last poke Snorlax.

I'm embarrassingly weak to the ever popular SkarmBliss combo. I don't think Dugtrio can 2HKO the standard Blissey. Heracross does well if I predict right.

Gengar could work if you put Focus Punch on it.

I don't really have a Weezing counter either. I usually send in Snorlax or Milotic to absorb the Will-O-Wisps. Heck, I don't have a status absorber either.

Milotic can absorb burn and use it for the Marvel Scale bonus, and it has recover, so Milotic could sort of be your status absorber.

My team is hurt by Spikes as well and I have no wish support to compensate for that.

Gengar is immune to Spikes and can destroy the common Spikers before they set up too much layers.

Stall Teams in general are gay against this team.
You could replace Dugtrio or Aerodactyl with Boah. You could consider Aromatherapy Blissey somewhere on your team, or even Heal Bell Celebi.

CBHeracross.
Send in a poke on low health to test which move he's using, then simply send in a resist after that. Weezing works great, and could possibly go over Gengar.

Endure/Reversalers/Flailers.
Depending on which pokemon is using these moves, Aerodactyl can outspeed. Gengar is immune to all three moves.

Using Tyraniboah seems to solve a lot of your problems (not CBcross). I havn't done the damage calc, but it think it can stop gyarados (who doesn't kill after one DD, not sure about two unboosted DD eq's though). Hes a good skarmbliss counter, and can get a sub up on Weezing (just don't switch into a WoW). Hes also cool against stall teams.

This team is still badly raped by Sudowoodo though. Consider using Volbeat to counter him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)