1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

RMT please! Sandstorm Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by pandagreen, Apr 7, 2013.

1. pandagreen

pandagreen

Hello!

I'm kinda new to competitive battling, so I'm hoping to get some feedback on one of my first teams, and my first ever on RMT.

Here it is:

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Pursuit
    - Brick Break
    - Aqua Tail

The whole idea of T-tar is to primarily set up the weather. I will usually start with it, unless there is an obvious counter on the other team, or if I'm up against a rain team. Other than that, T-tar serves as a mid- to late-game cleaner of the mess I've made :D. Rock Slide and Pursuit are my STAB moves, Rock Slide because I prefer the occasional flinch and higher accuracy over Stone Edge, and pursuit to catch out people switching. Aqua tail is to get rid of Ninetails (most can't OHKO T-tar with Solarbeam), and also annoying Gliscors with low health. Brick break beats up other T-tars, negates screens and provides extra coverage. I'm up for suggestions on move set reconstructions on T-tar.

Alakazam (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Alakazam is basically a switch-in and revenge killer. The focus sash ensures one hit, while Magic Guard negates weather and spikes/rocks. It can also switch in on various pokes that it resists, and then blast them away with it's amazing SpA and speed :D. Hidden Power Ice takes out nasty dragons and Landorus/Gliscors, while everything else is just for coverage. Psyshock over Psychic to get rid of physical walls.

Mamoswine (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock

Mamoswine is basically to get rid dragons and pokes weak to ground. Sort of bulky, so it can withstand some hits, and then set up rocks and die in peace. Ice Shard helps to revenge kill. Icicle Crash over anything else because of a lack of better options that I know about :3.

Metagross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch

Metagross is my dark horse. It's basically a switch-in to anything bar fire-types, and has pretty good coverage. Although, I often use it as a lead because of it's unlikely move set, and that usually works well. Ice Punch seems to surprise a lot of trainers, and it helps against the abundance of dragons. STAB Bullet Punch is good for almost anything, especially revenge kills. Zen Headbutt is the other STAB move, and surprisingly Earthquake is an unexpected coverage move as well.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Zen Headbutt

Terrakion is a revenge killer, and that's pretty much all it does. It's scarfed, and so outruns many pokes, and has plenty coverage. Again, I'm up for suggestions for drastic changes to this poke. Occasionally it will sweep half a team, which is always a bonus, and it is great of switching in on dark-type moves directed at Alakazam (and occasionally Metagross), because of Justified.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 148 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd / 84 SDef
    Impish Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Spikes

Skarmory is my last and most usless poke. It's pretty much a stall/wall, and other than that it sets up spikes. I sometimes lead with it against Rain teams, because of the massive amount of water weaknesses I have. Again, because of the many grass weaknesses, I'll often switch in to Skarmory against grass-types. Whirlwind is really useful sometimes, as it gets rid of things like Politoad and Keldeo. I would not only consider changing this poke drastically, I would definitely consider changing the Pokemon entirely to a new species.

Threats!

The major threats i see are basically EVERY DAMN GRASS AND WATER POKEMON. No clue on what to do about it though. Also, I've been caught off guard a bit by walls and stalls (ahaha that rhymes). I have no realiable fighting moves other than Terrakion's Close Combat, so Blissey can be a bit hard. Also, I'm pretty sure I have nothing to stop the likes of Gyarados etc. and also Ferrothorn. Again, no clue what to change.

Any help you can give me would be fantastic, especially stuff to help counter the threats mentioned above.

Thank you!

CHANGES

-Changed Tyranitar's Brick Break -> Superpower

-Changed Skarmory to Jellicent
    Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
    Calm nature
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Ice Beam
  2. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

As you said, you have a large weakness to Rain spam. The only thing that can really stop Keldeo on your team is Alakazam if it's sash isn't broken. I suggest you change Skarmory to a Specially Defensive Jellicent to take hits from Keldeo. I also suggest changing Metagross to a Ferrothorn. Metagross is just flat out not that good, and Ferrothorn can take anything from Thundurus-T barring a Focus Blast. You retain a Steel type by picking Ferrothorn, and it can also spike for you. If you're having a problem with Blissey, you could run Superpower on Tyranitar in place of Brick Break.

Changes:
    Ferrothorn@Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def,-Speed)
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SpDef
    IVs: 0 Speed

-Gyro Ball
    -Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Power Whip (You could opt to run Protect if you want to scout for opponent's moves.)

Jellicent@Leftovers
    Ability:Water Absorb
    Nature: Calm (+SpDef,-Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP/36 Def/220 SpDef

-Scald
    -Recover
    -Toxic
    -Ice Beam

Tyranitar: Superpower in place of Brick Break.
  3. pandagreen

pandagreen

Well thanks for the rate! I'm actually not too keen on getting rid of Metagross, I think it really anchors my team down in many battles. However, I am definitely replacing Skarmory with Jellicent, it seems to work well in PS! Also SUperpower over brick break works well too.
  4. pandagreen

pandagreen

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)