Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis
---
Okay, standard Gengar. Uses Hypnosis then sweeps.
---

Crobat (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Pursuit
- U-turn
---
Uses Pursuit on obvious switches, and Brave Bird for others. Cross Posion and U-Turn for coverage.
---

Im'ma Rose (Roserade) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---
Uses Sludge Bomb then sweeps. Hidden Power [Ice] for coverage.
---

Drapion (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Cross Poison
---
One Sword Dance then sweeps.
---

Muk (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/178 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
---
Uses Curse twice then sweeps.
---

Im'ma Queen (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP/218 Def/40 Spd
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
---
This is my main physical tank. Also an amazing sweeper.

Your Gengar wants Timid, yeah Modest gives you extra special attack, but you aren't going to be out running much with out Timid nature. Why doesn't Crobat have Roost, I'd use Roost when your using Brave Bird so you can recover, also, why not make him a Nasty Plotter since he got some new toys with Platinum. Roserade could seems fine, and so does Drapion, but maybe give it some defense and HP Evs so take some hits. Muk seems all right, and so does Nidoqueen. I've noticed, your team is pretty much Tanks/Sweepers, this is good but bad. Benefits would be, you can beat teams faster, but that can backfire, if something gets set up, your done, especially something with Ground moves, which hurts most of your team since Poison is weak to ground, so Crobat and Gengar are key in that success. I'd suggest making some of these pokes more bulky, so they can survive hits, and might be able to knock out threats.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First, post more inscription on why you picked those pokemon, how the help your team.

Secondly, Mono-Teams are allowed to have one pokemon that is not of that type in the team.

Thirdly, Gyarados weak, A LOT OF IT. After one DD he kills about everything on your team.

I suggest using tbolt Weezing somewhere in your team so you have a decent gyara counter and an answer for Scizor, maybe tentacruel, too, so you have some defense against heatran and a rapid spinner/spiker. I also suggest using a timid trickgar>the one you have now. Hypnosis is now unreliable with its reduced 60 accuracy, Trick almost guarantees that you'll cripple something. Scarf means you'll have a great revenge killer later game if you don't use Trick. Try specs or scarf on Roserade to give you a ridiculously hard hitter, or a revenge killer, because after leaf storm's drop its likely you'll be switching out anyway.

I would probably get rid of Muk and Nidoqueen for tenta and weezing, they both seem like the weakest links in your team.

I personally wouldn't use 1 pokemon of a different type, because to me that seems like cheating, and defeats the whole challenge of creating a successful monotype team.

Okay, I will never get rid of Muk or Nidoqueen. They're my main part of the team.
And second of Empoleon, if a Gyarados lead pops in on my Gengar - they're finished. Same with if a Gyarados popped in on my Nidoqueen. Finsihed for. Enough said.

Bogmire and Hinorushi were the only people that offered helpful advice and I thank them for that.

Bye,

TDO

I suggest more explanation.

Cool team though. Alakazam is OU now, and it'll rip you apart... mostly. Once Crobat is gone and can't revenge kill, you'll be outsped and psychic'd to death. Drapion fears Focus Blast from such an attack stat.

I don't see the point of Roserade? It's slow, no support moves or stamd-out item.

I'd put Toxic Spikes somewhere on Nidoqueen, and Gengar begs for Timid. Basically, needs work but is good as far as mono teams go.

And they are right, Gyara is a problem as your leading Gengar will in more than 1 case be pursuited to death by a weavile or Tyranitar. Nidoqueen is killed by waterfall, don't know what you're talking about.

And I definately agree with Bogmire... it's not a mono team with 1 poke not of that type.

Okay, I will never get rid of Muk or Nidoqueen. They're my main part of the team.
Weezing basically does what your Nidoqueen does except better. I'm not really seeing what nidoqueen is doing for your team same with muk. You absolutely need Tentacruel as a fire resist so heatran doesn't destroy your team.

Yeah, for all mono-poison teams, Tentacruel is a must. Your team is pretty offensive, and could use a wall. Roserade isn't too good in this metagame, with all the heatrans and shaymin-s running around so lets take that out for tentacruel. Tentacruel can launch things like toxic spikes, and also gives you much better heatran and shaymin-s coverage.

Yeah, its very difficult for me to help this since my main team is mono-psychic and really rips this apart =/. Speaking of which, your team doesn't really like Metagross (especially CB and agility variants) so watch out for him.

first off give everyone with lefties black sludge, there's really no reason not too.

having run a mono poison (altohugh not post plat) i'd say that ttar remains one of the most annoying pokes to take down. running a rain dance "sub portion" with qwilfish i find works really well.

id definitely run brave bat to just shit on skymin

another thing that will help with tar is toxic spikes on roserade... queen seems kinda a wasted slot, just more gyara/tran weak than you want right now. id say rain dance qwilfish over her and possibly... gyarados is still pretty annoying so scarfing roserade is an idea as a check.

another idea sub hypnosis focus blast shadow ball gengar and spikes on roserade with whirlwind drapion, lategame muk sweep _?_?

Use Black Sludge over Leftovers on all your Poison Pokemon, since Trick is much more common, it is better to force some indirect damage than give the opponent a way to heal itself with Leftovers, so Black Sludge is just better, since if they Trick it back you will still heal.

Have Weezing if only for a Earthquake Immunity, (so 1/2 your team isn't weak to Earthquake).

I suggest Toxicroak over Muk or Drapion so you have a reliable Physical Sweeper since it gets Swords Dance and Sucker Punch, plus having a Water Immunity is gonna help versus Gyarados.

I suggest:

Gengar - Put Trick over Hypnosis, since it lost accuracy (60% no longer 70%), you need a better crippling Item, plus this way it can outspeed Azelf, and Alakazam, and 1hko em with Shadow Ball. You can make it Modest if you like. Scarf over Life Orb. You can now switch into Gyarados on the Dragon Dance and still outspeed it and KO it with Thunderbolt.

Crobat - Put Roost over Cross Poison (Brave Bird and U-turn both hit Grass types super effective, the only Type Cross Poison hits super effective). Put Sharp Beak over Leftovers. You can now heal with Roost and boost Brave Bird to 216 Base Power.

Roserade - Drop Her. Use Support Tentacruel.
Now you can set up Toxic Spikes, and use Water and Ice attacks to hit Ground Types.
I suggest Hydro Pump over Surf on Tentacruel for the extra damage, it really pays off:

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Calm
EVs: 4 HP / 96 SpA / 172 SpD / 36 Spe
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic Spikes

Drapion - Drop Him. Use Weezing. It can take Physical hits better with Pain Split to recover lost HP, and can use Will-o-Wisp to help your team against Physical threats like Tyranitar.

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split

Fire Blast handles Heracross, Breloom, Lucario, Scizor, Skarmary, Bronzong and Forretress. Will-o-Wisp lets you burn Metagross, and Tyranitar.
Thunderbolt hits Gyarados and Taunt Aerodactyl hard enough.

Muk - Drop him. Use Toxicroak for Sucker Punch + Swords Dance priority sweeping.
Muk is too slow to sweep, plus Toxicroak has a stronger STAB Fighting move, and since Platinum has gained Ice Punch.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb

Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Cross Chop
-Stone Edge / Ice Punch

-Ice Punch is great for Gliscor who is a huge threat, helpful against Salamence, and better for acuracy.
-Stone Edge is for Gyarados and also hits Salamence, since Toxicroak makes a great switch in against Gyarados' own Stone Edge and Waterfalls.
-Sucker Punch works great to counter Azelf, Alakazam, Gengar, Froslass, etc.

Nidoqueen - Drop her. Use Nidoking. Since you have a need to keep Nidoqueen, I really think you could try Nidoking instead, and replace Aerial Ace with Megahorn, this way you can hit Cresselia and Celebi hard on the switch-in, while still hit Metagross hard with Earthquake.

Plus, Nidoking is the closest thing to Nidoqueen without changing too much type, ability, and moveset wise.

Nidoking @ Life Orb

Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Attack / 168 SpA / 88 Spe
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast / Thunderbolt

Nidoking has kept 3/4 moves that Nidoqueen had, only changing Aerial Ace for Megahorn to hit Psychics and Darks that come in against Poison types. Fire Blast again provides coverage against Heracross, Breloom, Lucario, Forretress, Skarmary, Bronzong and Scizor incase Weezing is dead, or you can opt for Thunderbolt for Gyarados; it kinda depends on whether you use Stone Edge on Toxicroak or Ice Punch. Ice Beam hits Gliscor and Salamence hard, as well as Flygon who otherwise walls Nidoking.

Try the team suggestions out, you will find that coverage is better than all around offense.

Too maqny simple poison attacks. things like Weezing, Toxicroak, Tentacruel and nidoking (like hhjj said) can make your life way easier.

Poison is the worst attacking type in the game, so 4 pokes in a team with it (even with stab) isnt a good option. Skuntank can also work, since its immune to Psychic.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Those descriptions are pathetically short and I'd lock this thread if not for the amount of effort people have put into their replies.

Add more detail!

yeah i shoulda mentioned that because pretty much your team appears to be "i chose 6 decent poisons and now theyre on a team!"

as it is skarm walls most of your team and has not problem spiking up and wwing most of them, including your drapion/muk setups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)