Tyranitar(F)@Leftovers
Nature:Relaxed(+Def,-Spe)
Evs:200Atk/252Def/56SDef
-Curse
-Rest
-Roar
-Payback
Ability:Sandstream
The classic sandstorm starter that's been used to the point of being broken.This set however is much different than the standard sets you may find.Curse makes this thing much harder to kill unless a powerful fighting move is used.Rest can prevent the Toxic and Will-o-Wisp from crippling Tyranitar and also increase it's time on the field.Roar is just to shuffle the opponent when needed for entry hazard damage.Payback at 100 power due to minimal speed destroys all who do not resist.

Skarmory(M)@Leftovers
Nature:Impish(+Def,-SAtk)
Evs:40Hp/252Def/216Spe
-StealthRocks
-Spikes
-Roost
-BraveBird
Ability:Sturdy
I needed a physical wall that could take attacks that could also set up entry hazards.Skarmory could do this job easily since it has bulky defense and access to Spikes and StealthRocks.I left out whirlwind since Tyranitar could easily do the job of a shuffler.Roost can increase its longevity and BraveBird is the add in attack.

Cofagrigus(M)@Leftovers
Nature:Calm(+SDef,-Atk)
Evs:252Hp/4SAtk/252SDef
-WilloWisp
-CalmMind
-ShadowBall
-HiddenPower(Fighting)
Ability:Mummy
Since I fighting types and moves seem to be a major issue to my team a ghost type would be helpful.Gengar was the first idea,however it was frail and easily crippled so Cofagrigus came to play.A WilloWisp could ruin a Scizor or Dragonite easily as well as opposing physical Tyranitars.CalmMind makes Cofagrgus a tank to any attacker.ShadowBall is simple for STAB while HiddenPower can suprise Tyranitar,Terrakion,and Weavile.

Stouland(M)@ChoiceBand
Nature:Adamant(+Atk,-Satk)
Evs:4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
-Retaliate
-Crunch
-IceFang
-WildCharge
Ability:SandRush
The revenge killer of the team.A CB Retaliate is a OHKO on anything that has average defense and that doesn't resist it.IceFang stops Dragonite and Salamence in their tracks while Crunch dominates Gengar.WildCharge is Gyarados' worst nightmare.

Cacturne(F)@Leftovers/LifeOrb
Nature:Adamant
Evs:236Hp/252Atk/20Spe
-Substitute
-SwordDance
-DrainPunch
-SuckerPunch
Ability:SandVeil
The most annoying pokemon on this team.SandVeil boost makes low accuracy moves such as FireBlast miss,even 100% accuracy move will miss if my luck is high.Under the cover of a sub a free SD or two can allow a easy sweep.DrainPunch can easily wipe out Terrakion and Lucario while a SuckerPunch can demolish CS Chandelure and a host of others who try to attack.

Starmie@ExpertBelt
Nature:Timid(+Spe,-Atk)
Evs:252SAtk/4SDef/252Spe
-Psychic
-ThunderBolt
-HydroPump
-HiddenPower(Fire)
Ability:NaturalCure
The main reason for Starmie being on this team was for the chance that an altercation might occur if I encountered another weather team.ExpertBelt was chosen over LifeOrb due to the fact of LifeOrb damage and sandstorm damage taking me out.Psychic can rid of Gengar and Conkeldurr while ThunderBolt wipes out Tornadus.HiddenPower can suprise Starmies biggest threats,Scizor and Ferrothorn,HydroPump is for STAB.

Please give comments on what may be good for this team.

Why not use the BoltBeam Coverage on Starmie? Without Ice Beam, Stoutland becomes your only check to Dragon types and people would easily be able to play around it. Also Reuniclus can still set up on your Cacturne and fire off a +1/ Focus Blast to possibly KO TTar even with some special def boost.

I'm a slight bit confused as to why you call this "classic" sandstorm since nothing on the team is really classic, but anyways, on to the rate.
First off, curse Tyranitar is not very good anymore. Too many pokemon are able to just wreck it with an attack or two, and Terrakion destroys it, taking a +1 attack w/ payback on the switch and then destroying your whole team.
I'd recommend switching the set to the standard mixed tar on Smogon.
Tyranitar@leftovers
sassy
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
252 hp/64 spA/192 spD
Because stealth rock is on ttar, now put whirlwind onto skarmory over it to allow for pHazing.
You can keep Cofagrigus if you want, I personally have never liked it and find sub/pain split Gengar to be much more effective.
Minor change on Starmie, I'd recommend changing psychic to rapid spin and then it's up to you if you want to change hp fire for ice beam or not. Both are extremely useful for different things.
I love the originality of the team though, and if Cacturne is working so well for you I may just give it a shot on my own sandstorm team. I hope these rates were helpful and good luck

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
U need recover on starmie cause u r in a sandstorm team,mmm i don t like this team,try life orb stouland as a final sweeper.
Btw isn t a classic sand nay u should rename it in ''An insolit SandStorm''

Asek

Banned deucer.
XcRunner makes a great point in the fact that CurseTar is incredibly outdated and unlikely to have an influence on the battle. I feel that you want to have an offensive presence in your weather starter but CurseTar is not the way to go about that. I suggest exchanging your current Tyranitar set with a Scarfed Tyranitar set.
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly (+Spd -SpAtk)
Trait: Sand Stream
EV's: 252Atk/4Def/252Spd
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Pursuit/Earthquake
-Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Aqua Tail/ Pursuit
Although not as fearsome as it once was this guy can still kick ass in the current metagame due to everyone expecting the standard MixTar set to be used. He is'nt that speedy even with Scarf and Max investment but it definitly enough to outspeed the majority of the unboosted metagame. Stone Edge and Crunch are just awesome STAB moves but are notably walled by Steel's where the third slots Earthquake remedies this with the infamous StoneEdge combo. However pursuit lets you catch fleeing Lati's and other Psychics trying to get away without a hitch. The final slot is a mixed bag and the move that should be chosen depending on which target gives your team the most problems. Ice Punch elimates dragons, Fire Punch kills Steels that resist EQ, Aqua Tail hits the likes of Terrakion and Landorus hard and Pursuit is back here as another option.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Have you asked yourself "How could my team do against other weather teams?".. From what I'm looking at, I'm assuming you haven't. Anyone can change the weather easily and basically win the match. And even your own weather can turn against you if the opponent has a Choice Band Terrakion or a Landorus, who can both dig huge holes on every member in your team except for Cofagrius, which isn't really hard to get rid of. Also, whether Tyranitar is dead or alive, this team is swept clean by Dragonite. Mixed and DD sets both can OHKO/2HKO every member of your team. Hurricane for Starmie/Cocturne/Cofagrius/Stoutland, Fire Blast/Punch for Skarmory, and Superpower/EQ for Tyranitar.

Your Tyranitar doesn't seem like it could do anything tbh. It can't use curse well because of it's huge weaknesses, and it can't pHaze because of the same reason.

Starmie can't take out weather teams on it's own. Nor can it take weather sweepers without rain (in this case, it's fucked by sun/sandstorm/hail)

My advice would be to start with a new team because I don't really think this would make it through. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)