RMT Trick Room Mega Mawile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Smogon-Community!

This is my very first time I'm getting into contact with the competitive scene, so bear with me when I don't see the obvious here and then. I have a friend who is terribly good at this game and it is my very very wish to defeat him. He has a well knowledge of competitive playing and therefore has easy times to predict games and knows what to do beforehand.

With the introduction of Mega-Evoltutions, a plethora of new synergies are added to the game that want to be abused. I tried to build a team around Mega Mawile and since its Speed is poor, its natural Atk is worth to be supported by a team to sweep through enemy lines. And since Trick Room not only does that, it is also a bit more unconventional, so that I hope that I'll surprise my friend who hopefully builds a team that goes normally on Speed.

I would like you to help me in that matter and work with me on my team so that I'm well prepared against many cases that could occur.

Carbink @ Light Clay
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock

Carbrink could be my lead, but I did not decide about that yet. I liked the idea of making Mawile as invulnerable as possible, thus I would like to play the Screens before I switch over to it. Since Carbink brings wonderful Defenses, I reckon it can stand a few rounds to make this setup. Sadly it is fodder to taunt, but since both Atk and SpA are minimal, simple offensive choices don't appeal to me.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Typical Physical and Special Walls. I'm really really afraid that these sets are way too easily countered by it's aspect of being known and predicted. And yet they proved strong in current metas, so I believe. I want to have at least a shuffle to interrupt setups and a cleric to heal my crippled Trick Room-Sweepers. I would like to hear your opinion if using such standard sets are way too easily countered. I chose Toxic instead of Foul Play on Umbreon as I have the powerful Crunch on Mawile already but miss statuschanges a lot so far.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 HP
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

The Key-Pokemon I want to bring in with this team. I decided to give it even defenses and a variety of attacks. Trick Room only gives me a few rounds for me to act, so I want to have a variety of types I can attack with to deal with anything he throws at me. It is slow enough to outspeed almost everything while being under the effect of Trick Room.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Nature: Quiet
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

The Special Sweeper I have for more Type-Coverage and against high-def Pokemon. There's nothing unusual about it and matches with the common idea of using Reuniclus.

The 6th is still left open. There are so many possibilities to add to this time so that I'm simply overwhelmed and unsure what to take. I would like to have at least a Rapid Spinner to cover hazards or something to annoy my enemy like Whimsicott. I would like to hear your ideas on what could be the best addition to that composition I have there.

Tl:dr: Rate my team. Using very conventional sets too predictable/abuseable? Could Screens take too long to setup in a Trick Room comp? What to add as sixth Pokemon(Role/Idea)?

I'm only playing with Pokemons that are accessible in Pokemon X/Y so far!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)