Gen 3 [RMT] TSS

The Team

Plot: Nothing really out of the ordinary. This team is unique in the sense that it doesn't use a bulky water, but rather relies on swapping and momentum. The keen observer may have noticed that 4 of my 6 pokemon are weak to electric and/or ice, with Gengar not really being able to take special hits as well. Swampert would be a solution here, but would open up other holes in my team - I would have to replace Gengar, so there would be no way to stop rapid spin plus I'd be less able to hurt water types and I would lose hypnosis. I really like this team but I feel it has a few problems, help is welcome.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hypnosis
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt

Although lead Gengar can't utilize Hypnosis as well as, say, Milotic, it is still very powerful. Giga Drain kills Swampert.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Substitute/FPunch because I found that to be the most effective on stall teams. 40 Spd puts it at 167. Used to be Tyraniboah with Pursuit, but I really didn't find it that effective.

Flygon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Toxic

Fire Blast used to be HP Bug, but Forretress was ruining my day.

Aerodactyl (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Thinking of making it Adamant, other than that, nothing to see here. Moving on.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Spd / 224 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Specially defensive Zapdos with rest talk, the closest I got to a special wall.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 12 Spd / 60 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Don't really feel the need for an offensive move.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If Pert is replacing anything on this team, it's that Flygon. It's way better for you defensively; it's tanking Rock Slides for way longer than your Flygon, it can actually deal with Salamence, and it can (kind of) tank BoltBeam.

If you add Swampert, you should consider going with Roar>HP Ice on Zapdos. That way, you`ll really rack up Spikes damage. I would also lead with Swampert or Roar Zapdos, as you really don`t want to lose Gengar to Pursuit Tar leads if your Hypnosis miss.

Raikou and even Jolteon has the potential to became big threats against your team. Definitely stick with Jolly on Aerodactyl.

Should I add Fire Punch on Gengar to deal with Forretress if I swap out Flygon for Swampert? Keep in mind that I have no way to remove or prevent spikes, HP Ghost Forretress will eventually win against Gengar (even if you give Gengar Fire Punch - you are going to swap in Gengar against Forretress, Forretress doesn't have to take any attacks). With Fire Punch, at least Forretress will have to swap out 100% (or I can get a lucky KO on the unsuspecting opponent) of the time even if he predicts Gengar coming in and nails him with HP Ghost on the switch; something Forretress doesn't have to do if Gengar has other moves as HP Ghost - even with no attack EVs - is a 2HKO in sand against nearly every Gengar bar the crazy defensive whereas Thunderbolt isn't even a 3HKO against specially defensive Forretress (not even with my 252 sp.attk modest Gengar). With 3 layers of spikes on the field, Swampert and Tyranitar are eventually going to die.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)