Sassy
252 Sp. Def 252 HP 4 Def
0IVs Speed
-Fire Blast
-Roar
-Toxic
-Solar Beam

Fire Blast -> Kills things weak to Fire that aren't Ninjask
Toxic -> Causes switches, nice residual damage to anything that would otherwise wall you
Roar -> Phazes
Solar Beam -> With min speed and max sp. def/HP, you can take just about any Ice Beam, Surf, Solar Beam, and Fire Blast from other Kygores and Groudons. Or anything weak to it, really. I wouldn't risk taking one of those hits and trying to Fire Blast, though.

Things I'm considering swapping out for:
-Dropping Solar Beam for Earthquake OR Focus Punch. Focus Punch can be used for when Blissey switches in to Aromatherapy the 2-3 toxic'd teammates.

(It's a very experimental Groudon; Try and give crits relating to my intended function.. or whatever)

Exeggutor
@Leftovers
Timid
252 Speed 252 Sp. Attak 4 HP
-Solar Beam
-Hidden Power [Dark]
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis

I'm considering dropping HP Dark for HP Fire, since it helps with steel types... Even though I get walled by fire types, I don't really see it a problem, due to my next teammate. Leech Seed is for when I expect Kyogres to switch in on my Solar Beams. It gives me a free switch to Blissey, and in some circumstances, Groudon (min speed, remember?).

Arcanine
@Choice Band
Modest
252 Sp. Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Flash Fire
-Sleep Talk
-Over Heat
-Nothing
-Nothing

STAB. Drought. Flash Fire. Choice Band.
OVER HEAT HURTS THINGS, THEN THEY DIE OR SWITCH OR SOMETHING STUPID. This Arcanine doesn't always need speed, since its job is to switch in on fire or sleep causing attacks, and over heat whatever decides to switch in or stay in. A lot of things will stay in, not expecting a thing. Breloom HATES it. -Nothing -Nothing because... Come on... What else can it do? Extreme Speed? Could care less. Crunch? lol, for what? Dig? Iron Tail? HP [???]? I would rather have a 100% chance of Over Heat.

Latias
@Soul Dew
Bold
252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp. Attack
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Dragon Claw
-Hidden Power [Fire]

Calm Mind -> Tanks other CMers, helps sweep
Recover -> Moar tank pls
Dragon Claw -> STAB Attack that hurts everything that isn't Steel
HP Fire -> Drought boosted Attack that hurts Steel

This Latias is probably the only solid thing on my team that I've done right. Haha, yes, I realize it. ^_^;

Blissey
@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP 252 Def 4 Speed
-Counter
-Seismic Toss
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled

Tanks. Heals. Seismic Tosses stuff. T-Wa... Wait, no, Tox... Wait, no, counters! Counter and Seismic Toss on the same set? wut? But, Mechz, what about Gengar! WHAT ABOUT GENGAR!! What about Gengar? Fine, sub. Fine, punch. Groudon can take it. HABEEB IT.

Forretress
@Leftovers
Impish
252 HP 252 Def 4
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Toxic
-Rest? Explosion?

Okay, okay, I know. I NEED help everywhere else, but I WANT help here. Forretress is on a drought team because of Arcanine's Flash Fire. Anywho, I'm not quite sure what to do after this guy lays down some spikes... At least Skarm has Drill Peck.

Maybe I should give it attract.

-_-

Well, rate away. On paper, I might need a lot of work, but it's pretty solid in the competitive environment. I'll try not to get personal. :)

There are more dragons than anything in ubers so um... the whole mono fire attack idea doesn't seem too good an idea. Kyogre or Blissey ruin 2/3 your team (and forry really can't do much to either). Your Groudon idea is less than decent; just make it a choice bander and make give blissey wish. Arcanine should never recieve play time in Ubers. Ecspecially with two moves.

Max out both of Blissey's Defenses in my opinion, you really need to watch out for Kyogre; it can switch in to Exeggutor or Groudon easily, and nothing in your team beats it since Blissey can't do shit with Seismic Toss. Just use Hidden Power Bug or Ghost on Forretress. Perhaps Thunder over Seismic Toss will be better, as Thunder can actually break Kyogre's Substitutes.

Hidden Power Ice is better than Hidden Power Dark with Exeggutor. It hits Lugia/Lati@s super effectively, and anything that Hidden Power Dark hits better than Ice, Solarbeam can cover that with better damage (140 power vs 180).

I actually see no point in surviving an Ice Beam with Groudon, you really can't do anything to those who use it (Lati@s, Blissey, Kyogre, some Rayquaza) just stick to the standard one.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Groudon: There is no point in 0 spd IVs in Groudon...it can't even take down the opponent's pokemon with Solar Beam anyways, due to its lack of SP Atk evs, and it's just gonna get 2hkoed. A standard Groudon's EQ most likely does more to Kyogre than your Groudon's Solar Beam. Leave Sunnybeaming to Exeggutor. Swords Dance, EQ, ROck Slide, Fire Blast / Substitute / Endure / HP Bug @ Leftovers or Salac Berry or just go CB. Max Atk and Max Spd. Jolly Nature is recommended, although Adamant is okay for CB.

Exeggutor: Well, Leech Seed is kinda okay against Special Tanks like Lugia and Blissey I guess, but I also prefer Sleep Powder over Synthesis to really stop whatever counter thats coming in on Exeggutor. Leech Seed would regain it enough health, and it is a sweeper anyways. Explosion is also an option, although then I'd prolly prefer HP Fire over HP Ice so it doesn't get walled by Metagross or Skarmory.

Arcanine: no offense but that is a stupid set. First off, Choice Band does absolutely nothing, since it doesn't boost the power of Overheat, a special move. Extremespeed is actually great for OHKOing Deoxy-F. But other than that, I don't see it doing much with it being an easy switch-in to Kyogre, Lugia, or even Latias.

Latias: It has superior speed than Kyogre or Groudon, so it should be able to outspeed both of them. Additionally, Latias counters Kyogre most importantly; it already counters Groudon pretty well with its immunity to EQ. Besides, if Latias didn't take care of Kyogre, who will? Your Blissey without a CM, T-Wave, Toxic, Psych Up, or Special Defense EVs? Latias could save more of its health if it switches in faster and CM or Recover before the second Ice Beam. So you should make sure it has atleast 308 Spd, and then focus on its HP and SP Def, instead of Def. I actually prefer Thunder over HP Fire just for the purpose of beating Kyogre and 30% chance of paralysis on Taunt Mewtwo while still hitting steels hard. However, this is a sunny team after all, so Thunder's 70% accuracy cannot be guaranteed.

Forretress: Perhaps HP Bug, EQ, Explosion, Spikes / Reflect / Light Screen / Zap Cannon / Toxic / Counter / Rapid Spin.

Lugia might be good over Arcanine, since I think your team has trouble with physical sweepers such as DDRayquaza and Groudon.

There are more dragons than anything in ubers so um... the whole mono fire attack idea doesn't seem too good an idea. Kyogre or Blissey ruin 2/3 your team (and forry really can't do much to either). Your Groudon idea is less than decent; just make it a choice bander and make give blissey wish. Arcanine should never recieve play time in Ubers. Ecspecially with two moves.

genius

Max out both of Blissey's Defenses in my opinion, you really need to watch out for Kyogre; it can switch in to Exeggutor or Groudon easily, and nothing in your team beats it since Blissey can't do shit with Seismic Toss. Just use Hidden Power Bug or Ghost on Forretress. Perhaps Thunder over Seismic Toss will be better, as Thunder can actually break Kyogre's Substitutes.

I need max HP for counter. Also (I'm not trying to be rude here), don't just assume I made this team without testing. Its execution is pretty decent. While you ARE correct, the one thing I have the most trouble with is Kyogre, all it seems to do is put me in a stalemate, since Blissey can Seismic Toss non-sub variants to a low enough health that it can outheal water spout/surf, and Latias doesn't mind letting Kyogre CM up along with it, since it generally wins the wall-war, even with ice beam nailing it. I do like your idea of Thunder, though. I really should put a dedicated Kyogre counter in my team. But can Blissey pull it off? I'll consider my options.

Hidden Power Ice is better than Hidden Power Dark with Exeggutor. It hits Lugia/Lati@s super effectively, and anything that Hidden Power Dark hits better than Ice, Solarbeam can cover that with better damage (140 power vs 180).

Thank you! That's a really good point.

I actually see no point in surviving an Ice Beam with Groudon, you really can't do anything to those who use it (Lati@s, Blissey, Kyogre, some Rayquaza) just stick to the standard one.

After doing the numbers, I have realized that max sp. attack Kyogre's ice beam (my main concern) does over 50% regardless of HP and EVs; so it would be a wiser idea to invest those sp. def points elsewhere.

Groudon: There is no point in 0 spd IVs in Groudon...it can't even take down the opponent's pokemon with Solar Beam anyways, due to its lack of SP Atk evs, and it's just gonna get 2hkoed. A standard Groudon's EQ most likely does more to Kyogre than your Groudon's Solar Beam. Leave Sunnybeaming to Exeggutor. Swords Dance, EQ, ROck Slide, Fire Blast / Substitute / Endure / HP Bug @ Leftovers or Salac Berry or just go CB. Max Atk and Max Spd. Jolly Nature is recommended, although Adamant is okay for CB.

There IS a point to 0 IVs Groudon, because I'd rather have sandstream or drizzle canceled out so I can switch to something that CAN counter. You're right on the EQ damage, though. I don't really know what I'm supposed to be outspeeding if other things with a 90 base speed will be running max speed, too. For now I'm switching to 2 IV Groudon to run HP Bug, though. I'll be running CB from now on since I don't think it's ever good to SD with low speed. >>

Exeggutor: Well, Leech Seed is kinda okay against Special Tanks like Lugia and Blissey I guess, but I also prefer Sleep Powder over Synthesis to really stop whatever counter thats coming in on Exeggutor. Leech Seed would regain it enough health, and it is a sweeper anyways. Explosion is also an option, although then I'd prolly prefer HP Fire over HP Ice so it doesn't get walled by Metagross or Skarmory.

I like your ideas here. I switched to HP Fire this morning, and residual healing of Leech Seed and Lefties is indeed enough to warrant dropping synth for sleep powder.

Arcanine: no offense but that is a stupid set. First off, Choice Band does absolutely nothing, since it doesn't boost the power of Overheat, a special move. Extremespeed is actually great for OHKOing Deoxy-F. But other than that, I don't see it doing much with it being an easy switch-in to Kyogre, Lugia, or even Latias.

Point taken. I had no idea CB didn't effect Sp. Attack. I assumed it would, since the description implies that it boosts the base power of a selected item. I'll be dropping this guy for something else. Thanks for telling me. ;.;

Latias: It has superior speed than Kyogre or Groudon, so it should be able to outspeed both of them. Additionally, Latias counters Kyogre most importantly; it already counters Groudon pretty well with its immunity to EQ. Besides, if Latias didn't take care of Kyogre, who will? Your Blissey without a CM, T-Wave, Toxic, Psych Up, or Special Defense EVs? Latias could save more of its health if it switches in faster and CM or Recover before the second Ice Beam. So you should make sure it has atleast 308 Spd, and then focus on its HP and SP Def, instead of Def. I actually prefer Thunder over HP Fire just for the purpose of beating Kyogre and 30% chance of paralysis on Taunt Mewtwo while still hitting steels hard. However, this is a sunny team after all, so Thunder's 70% accuracy cannot be guaranteed.

There are so many ifs and buts here. This is what switching and prediction is for.

Forretress: Perhaps HP Bug, EQ, Explosion, Spikes / Reflect / Light Screen / Zap Cannon / Toxic / Counter / Rapid Spin.

Thank you

Lugia might be good over Arcanine, since I think your team has trouble with physical sweepers such as DDRayquaza and Groudon.

Thank you

I'll make changes here in a minute

YEAH CHOICE BAND OVERHEAT!!! its a funny idea but really not effective. in general, 1-move sets arent ever that effective, especially Special sets with Choice Band. i reccommend Extremespeed as one move if you're going to keep Arcanine, its really the main thing that Arc does better than anyone else.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mechz said:
There are so many ifs and buts here. This is what switching and prediction is for.
The only ifs is Thunder's accuracy...Latias outspeeds even timid variants with 308 Speed. Seriously, putting up the CM or Recover before Kyogre hits you with an Ice Beam will save your Latias.

As for Lugia...it could do alot of things. CB (Aeroblast, EQ, Recover, Fire Blast / Ice Beam); Phazer (Recover, Whirlwind, two fillers); CM + WW; CM, Psychic / Ice Beam, Thunder(bolt), Shadow Ball / Aeroblast / Whirlwind; could use Reflect, Light Screen, Toxic, or T-Wave to use as well. Its really hard to use Lugia because its slots are too limited for its good movepool. Most people like to abuse Toxic with it, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)