Gen 3 RMT [UU] TIME!

I would like to start off by saying i am alot more experienced in uu then ou. I enjoy it more because there are 35 pokemon in ou, and over double that in uu, so i have about 5 teams, one VERY solid one(that i will not reveal on this site :P), and a couple other good ones, here is one of my "good"-ish ones.

Primeape (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Im not sure here if i should go jolly, because i lose alot of needed attack power but other then that, straight forward hurts alot, and a cross chop crit will destroy almost anything. HP flying for when i come in vs vileplume or victreebell sleeps.

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rain Dance
- Spikes
- Surf

I love this Omastar, it can sweep a little, or spike up, if i get even 1-2 layers of spikes its done its job because no one really uses spinners in UU. It has enough defense to take an EQ and come back and ohko whoever dealt it as well.

Sandslash (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

My version of SDslash, i like it because it is alot bulkier then Gligar especially with the EVs i give it. It can also easily survive electabuzz ice punch, Manectric HP whatever raichu surf etc etc. putting it into Salac range. Max speed because 229 speed+salac puts me at 343 speed which makes me faster then all UU pokemon minus electrode/sneasel/persian none of which are common or would want to come in to a Stab SD'd EQ.

Misdreavus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 64 Spd / 18 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

CMissy is one of my favorites because whats better then 3 of the most common physical attack types immunity(normal, fighting and ground)? It can come in on a CBquake or regular quakes/fightings/normals and then sub, and CM up and if they dont have a faster pokemon with enough special defense to survive a hit, and enough damage to ohko missy after the sub, then its good game.

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 84 HP / 216 SAtk / 208 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

My special wall, takes all the ice beams and shit that will be flying around at Altaria/slash and also doesnt mind Electabuzz HP grass either and absorbs status. Ice Beam because i dont have one, and STab tbolt becaues i dont have a stab tbolt ^^.

Altaria (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Rest
- Roar
- Toxic

This pokemon has made people shit themselves because they cant hurt it except for ice beam as long as its not quagsires little bitch ice beam. Self curing rest is a godsend as is heal bell. What usually happens is it comes in on an EQ/HPgrass/anything not ice beam on Omastar who has put some spikes down(or not). Now after this all i need to do is make sure they dont have ice beam, Rock slide hurts but there are like 2 pokemon whos rock slide actually hurt this Max defense Altaria. If they have ice beam i switch to lanturn to take the special hits(or missyD depends), if not i roar if i have spikes or toxic when i dont, They will usually switch to an ice beam to try to get altaria down then they take spike damage, then i roar them and they dont have their ice beam pokemon out, and 2 pokemon just took spike damage.

Overall ive had alot of Fun with this team any thoughts/ideas from anyone?

No one ever rates ADV teams anymore, they've all moved on. I'll give it a go, though I don't know as much as I used to.

Primeape: He's the fastest Fighter in UU iirc, so don't bother with Jolly.
Omastar: doesn't have the kind of tanking ability needed to use Spikes, chances are you'll get one or two layers. As you said, it's enough, but Blastoise is pretty common and usually carries Rapid Spin. Use Ice Beam over Spikes if you want.
Sandslash: fine. Use CB and max speed if you want, it could provide additional offence in a pinch.
Misdreavus: I was going to suggest Shadow Ball, then remembered it was ADV. fine.
Lanturn: a good choice, 4 of your other five pokemon are weak to Boltbeam. You could use Substitute over Sleep Talk, Lanturn has the defenses to use it well.
Altaria: try HP Flying over Toxic if you like

A pretty solid team overall.

Advance is the best gen still imo, but thanks.

With omastar he isnt tanking anything because people will switch in their grass attacker usually, he is layering spikes usually one/two at a time, ice beam isnt as important either because ice beam would only be used if i predict a switch to a grass, which id use spikes and gtfo. Blastoise is not as common as you think either and if blastoise comes in on omastar i just have to predict surf or rapid spin, for either usually MissyD is a safe switch. No one really uses rapid spin that much for the reasons that Banette and missy are so common.

For slash, i like SD because it ohkos things that CB wont like the average golem and Hypno, some vileplumes etc, and no one is switching into a CB slash EQ anyway. Pokemon that work like Sandslash are Pinsir/Gligar both having SD and salac Pinsir and gligar being faster but also squishier, and sandslash/gligar have better STAB.

Lanturn, i like Sleep talk because i can switch into Status from a boltbeamer safely(such as electabuzz toxic) without risking altarias death.

Altaria, i have actually tried attacks to break subs with on altaria, and then realize how little damage it does and roar works better. Toxic is for anoying ass pokemon like fucking hypno who walks all over most of this team minus slash and if i predict correctly with primape.

Thanks for the suggestions though keep em coming!

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Might as well use Modest Omastar. You only need about 166 Speed total to outrun Electabuzz without Timid after Rain Dance. If you want to outrun Electrode, though, you'd need at least 209 speed total.

Personally, I'd put Ice Beam/Dragon Claw (preferably the former) over Toxic on Altaria, pump up the HP on Lanturn and give it a set to utilize Thunder Wave. Tbh, I might even use HP Dark over Thunderbolt on Misdreavus. Those are just might personal preferences, though, so aside from a few EV issues that I am unsuited to advise upon, it looks pretty solid. Watch out for Feraligatr.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Curse Quag is a bitch since your only way to hurt it is with something that's weak to its STAB. Id probably replace MissyD but that's just because I think CM Missyd is.. bad =)

Anyway, w/e, good team overall.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Does Curse Quagsire more often run HP Rock or Ice Beam? I never see Curse Quaggy. I just get the Resttalk or Counter variants.

Quag doesnt give me a problem with ice beam in fact, its Missy set up time as soon as i see it come out if its ice beam, and if its curse then i roar it away or hp grass him, or toxic, even send in sandslash. If im going to replace Toxic with an attacking move, how do i deal with hypno other then hope it doesnt have reflect or toxic? it helps on alot of switch ins to.

Would Twave/surf/ice beam/rest work on lanturn? Or should i drop surf and go rest talk still?

I just thought of something as well, physical defense Walrein and make Altaria Special wall?!? that sounds pretty great anyone else have thoughts on that? Though that makes electabuzz able to drop a number on my team assuming its hpgrass ice punch tbolt....I could put in a Defensive Ampharos instead of one of my walls as well(it can be either defense really it also has heal bell) i can even use Walrien AND ampharos, i still have a pokemon to immune EQs.

I'd go Jolly on the Primeape so you get the jump on Lee, Nidoking and weird max speed Kangaskhans. Having a Bold Nature instead of Timid on Oma will free up a whole shitload of EV's. I'd recomment 170 speed to outspeed Buzz, Manectric, and Scyther after a Rain Dance. I don't find the Defense EV's on MissyD particularly useful. Pump up that Sp. Atk or else you'll be giving Kangaskhan a lot of free switch-ins, which can wear down your team.

I'd replace your SweepSlash. It needs very specific circumstances to even be half useful, and even then it'll get walled by Gligar. At the moment your team gets hammered by Pinsir and Nidoking. The best single Pokemon to deal with both would probably be Blastoise.

And yay for using Altaria ^_^, though I'd replace Toxic with Ice Beam to stop Gligar.

I agree with Iggeh that MissyD could use more power. I disagree about Sandslash though - Salac isn't just a fluke, you've EV'd it so a lot of common attacks put it there. Although since theres like 5 adv uu players, it becomes less useful once we know about it :/

Im not taking sandslash out for blastoise, i lose all physical offense minus my CBape. I guess i could switch MissyD evs they are from the smogon site though.

Also, hitmonlee is not a pokemon id stay in against with primape because hitmonlees mach punch nearly ohkos primape i think.

Also, no thoughts on amph/walrein or If my lanturn is cool?

Edit: OK i changed Primeape to hitmonlee because of the huge damage increase with the moveset bulk up/reversal/endure/rock slide. And lanturn is rest/twave/tbolt/ib. I changed Sandslash to Counter/rock slide/eq/sd with leftovers and 252hp/148 att/96 spd/12/Sdef.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)