RMT VGC '17

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an update to my previous thread/post. I hope this helps clear up any discrepancies.

Tapu Koko @ Air Balloon
Ability: Electric Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Superpower

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

Tsareena (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Trop Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

Golem-Alola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Double-Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Pelipper @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Roost

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Give koko protect over U-turn and change its nature to modest. Aerodactyl is becoming a thing and you don't want to get outsped by it.

Give bulu wood hammer over megahorn, it appreciates the high power.

I'm not that fond of pheromosa but it definitely needs a sash and protect if it wants to live for more than 1 turn.

Give pelipper protect so it can't just be OHKO'd turn 1.

Why tsareena and golem?

You still haven't included any reasoning for any of your sets. Why did you choose not to run protect on Tapu Koko? Why Air balloon over Life Orb/Focus Sash? Why a modest nature over a timid nature? Why are you using Tsareena and Golem over something good more standard? Why are you using Rapid Spin in a format where hazards are useless? Why are you using Knock Off on Pelipper over the alternatives?

If you can't justify why you have changed a set in a way that makes it function better in the current metagame then there isn't any point in making the innovation in the first place and you'd be better off using standard sets.

I'm quite new to this meta, haven't even really gotten started quite yet. Been busy with holidays/work/moving into a new place. That being said, this is just a very basic and preliminary team based on Pokemon I like and enjoy using. Knock Off was added at the last minute because I realized I had no user of the attack and felt I needed one. Air Balloon Koko is to counter the ScarfChomps I've faced in Wi-Fi. Golem covers my glaring Fire and Flying weakness pretty well. (I know Fire is somewhat mitigated by Rain but, nothing is guaranteed in life, much less Pokemon.) Tsareena is a great Pokemon with utility and bulk. I incidentally left Rapid Spin on there because that's what I had in mine in-game for 6v6s and forgot to change it to Synthesis. I'm just looking for some helpful hints and feedback about the team comp and current meta game. I hope that's not too much to ask. I'll be able to test and follow up on this more come the weekend.

Edit: Sorry for the hasty response and poor composition of the writing. I'm on my phone, since I have no internet at home right now considering I'm between living arrangements due to the move.

Hate to double post but, there was no response post explanation. Just looking for some helpful feedback. Which mons to look out for this meta, what are the mons most likely to give my team trouble, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)