RMT

So from the last time I have posted here, I have made dramatic changes to my team.

Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Freeze Dry
- Protect
- Aurora Veil
  • Ninetales is pretty much here as a setter for Aurora Veil, and can abuse Blizzard in certain situations to OKHO Salamence, Garchomp, or to take a large chunk of health from Tapu Bulu. Freeze Dry is here as an answer to opposing weather setters such as Pelipper and annoying mons such as Gyarados and Gastrodon. The ability itself is very useful since weather is such a staple thing in the early metagame. Ninetales is my favorite Pokemon so this thing has to stay.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
  • I originally had Oranguru on this team for Trick Room but I decided Porygon2 was much better as it provides more to my team than just Trick Room. Porygon2 is much tankier and I've just enjoyed using it more. Shadow Ball is on this set over Ice Beam as I already have Ice coverage and I need a way to be able to hit Alolan Marowak.
Araquanid @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Wide Guard
- Protect
- Lunge
  • Araquanid has proved to be a very useful mon. Liquidation is so strong and I have loved using it as a Trick Room attacker. Lunge provides utility in lowering attack (although I'm not sure if Leech Life would be better). Wide Guard is very useful right now because of the Torkoal+Lilligant combo going on right now, and I have been seeing it often. Overall I love Araquanid's design and it is very fun to use.

Salamence @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Protect
- Dragon Pulse
  • Love this thing. He is my Intimidate user, and Dragonium Z has picked up SO many KOs for me. Being able to one shot any frail Pokemon as well as not having a drawback is just great. I have Flamethrower as a way to deal with the oh-so-common Celesteela. It is also a good move for Tapu Bulu as well.
Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
Ability: Power of Alchemy
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 108 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Shadow Sneak
  • So Muk is pretty much here for Knock Off support as well as a good counter to the Tapus, as well as the annoying Porygon2 and Alolan Marowak. Has just enough attack EVs to be able to get any Tapu in Shadow Sneak kill range. He is an amazing partner for Tapu Bulu as Grassy Terrain gets rid of Earthquake weakness.

Tapu Bulu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 80 Def / 140 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Substitute
- Protect
- Leech Seed
  • So I am running a defensive Tapu Bulu set because I have found him to be extremely useful in dealing with Porygon2 and Gastrodon. Porygon2 is such an annoying threat right now, and if my Muk is dead then my Bulu can take care of it with Leech Seed. It also helps against Celesteela since that thing is so tanky and annoying as well. I just love Bulu because he can deal with these threats so well and provides so much help for my Muk.
Thanks guys! I would love some feedback from you guys!

Nothing on this team makes me objectively angry!! I think Power of Alchemy Muk is the worst thing in the world and people need to stop using it. Figy + Gluttony > Power of Alchemy anything under every situation to be honest. I'm not very good at helping with spreads unfortunately, but I think you did a good job in general dealing with opposing weather, though I have a hard time figuring out your Lilligant + Torkoal response. Do you tend to lead Salamence / Araquanid against those teams? It just has a hard time dealing with Sleep Powder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)