rmt

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Won the 2nd CAP tournament with this, I guess I'll post it just so you guys can give me some advice on things I coulda' done better. I built this with 0 knowledge of CAP :x

---

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

This is your basic lead on a stall team. Pretty much every lead on every stall team has some sort of bulky Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock and thats what Hippowdon does. I chose Hippowdon over Swampert (another commonly used lead in stall) because of the fact that Hippowdon has more Defense as well as higher HP and I feel that makes him superior. Also, sandstorm is good to have on a stall team because it helps wear down life orb sweepers a lot faster, mainly mixape who causes my team quite a bit of trouble. Fidgit and Kitsunoh are the common leads I've seen in my few CAP battles and Hippowdon deals with both of them, to a certain extent. No big problems though.

RazorWing (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Skarmory is my second source of risidual damage and my physical wall. All of you know the basics of using Skarmory and what his purpose is, so there's no reason to go into huge detail. Some people may suggest running some speed ev's to outspeed other Skarmory or running a specially defensive Skarmory (something that is now commonly seen on stall), but I like sticking with 252 HP / 252 Def to ensure that he stops Scizor and Metagross completely, as well as Kitsunoh and Argonaut.

MajinBuu (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 72 HP/252 Def/8 Spd/176 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Standard Blissey, helps for those special attackers. This is usually my switch-in for Strategem and then I'll Protect to scout for Explosion. If they stay in and use Paleo Wave (or any other move) when I use Protect then they're either really stupid or still trying to Explode on Blissey, so after that I'll probably go to Rotom-H. It's risky but it works most of the time. The moveset really doesn't require an explanation, you've all seen Blissey's before.

EasyBake (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/58 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Seeing as playing stall relies on having Spikes, Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes set up at all times, Rapid Spinners can be a big threat. If your opponent manages to Rapid Spin at the right time, that could completely change the game, as you'd have to find a way to set up again, and that can be quite difficult. That's why it's extremely important to have a Ghost on your stall team to block any Pokemon that tries to Rapid Spin, which is where Rotom-H comes in.

Discharge is usually used over Thunderbolt but I prefer the extra power. Will-O-Wisp or HP Fighting can be used instead of Shadow Ball so you actually have a way of hitting TTar with something, but I like the double STAB. If CBTar comes in and traps me then too bad, theres nothing I can do.

Fidgit (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Wish
- Encore
- Rapid Spin

Probably the most broken CAP out there. Fidgit manages to have decent HP and great defenses along with speed that outruns 100 base speed Pokemon such as Salamence and Celebi. Not only that but Fidgit is capable of using all 3 entry hazard moves, has solid recovery with Wish, makes for an excellent Rapid Spinner as well as being able to use Encore which can greatly aid him in setting up entry hazards. Nothing much to say here, Fidgit's great, but if I lose him too early in the match then I'm fucked. Thanks to Fidgit, entry hazards are so common in the cap metagame and they don't just appear on stall teams like in OU, which means having a rapid spinner is essential. I'd consider putting Earth Power on his moveset somewhere as I often find myself facing off against other Fidgit's and having nothing to do but Encore.

Arghonaut (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP/36 Atk/220 Def
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Recover

Another broken Pokemon. Arghonaut's only purpose is to stop SD Lucario and DD Salamence which all of my other stall teams (mainly my ST5 team) are extremely weak to. I use 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Atk because his purpose is to defend against physical sweepers so the more defense the better. Arghonaut is simply amazing with having Recover and Unaware, he's extremely hard to take down. The moveset provides pretty good coverage, it's nothing special.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Quite a solid stall team. I like how you didn't jampack every fucking entry hazard in Fidgit like many do, as that really hinders Fidgit's ability as a pokemon. My only piece of advice is to watch out for common stall breakers such as Infernape and Salamence, mixed versions in particular. Arghonaut can't really even switch into Salamence safely, so you have to watch out for that. Something else to consider is to add Shed Shell to Skarmory to ensure Magnezone doesn't have it's way with you, thus leaving an empty hole in your team to stuff like Outrage. Another thing you may want to consider is to add Will o Wisp over something if you don't want physical tar to *completely* walk all over you with stuff like pursuit. Anyways, very solid team.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Wish isn't completely nessecary for Fidgit and I often see myself in a Fidgit vs. Fidgit situation so I may replace Wish for Earth Power. Also thinking of sticking Shed Shell on Skarm like you suggested. thanks

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Bump. Is Plus really the only one that rates teams in this forum..
It's probably because there's not much more to say. This team is actually kind of similar to a stall team Plus, Beej, and I made back when Arghonaut was the latest thing. It's still an excellent stall team.

If you want, you can run 44 Speed EVs on Skarmory, which allows you to outspeed 0 Speed Arghonaut, as well as most of the other Skarmory. I've had some success with it. :S

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Looking back on the team I guess there really isn't much to change, sorry for my poor attitude :x

Thanks for the rate. I sort of prefer my Skarmory's to be all-out defensive but I can see how outspeeding 0 speed Arghonaut helps, I may try it out in the future.

I remember I talked to you on IRC about this team a day or two ago, and yeah, there isn't much to improve, heh. I will continue working on providing a better EV Spread for Rotom (if there is one), but otherwise my only suggestion is testing out Earth Power over wish on Fidgit as otherwise SubTran may be slightly problematic (but you still have Rotom to deal with it anyways).

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Ok i has a question..IF this is going to be a stall team wouldn't it be better to have Drill peck on skarmory instead of brave bird?

It doesn't seem like you know much at all so let me explain it to you. First of all, Skakmory is rarely used out of stall, and if it's being used out of stall then the team it's on is most likely extremely bulky. Brave Bird is a better option over Drill Peck because of the fact that it just deals more damage to things and can land a KO on some things that Drill Peck cannot, like having a possibility of 2HKOing Celebi. The recoil damage isn't really bad at all.

Oh, I missed this thread for three days. That's odd.

The one thing that struck me was that if Fidgit doesn't have Earth Power, or any attacks for that matter, then there's no reason to need to tie Speed with other Fidgit. If you drop down to Jolly 216, you still outspeed the 100s, but you free up 36 EVs for Defense or Special Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)