RNG Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This is a place for us to talk about our RNG manipulation endeavors

RNG manipulation is the act using precise timing and accuracy to obtain desirable Pokemon in-game. External programs such as RNG Reporter and EonTimer are often used, but simply provide an aid for the player and do not interfere with the actual game at all. RNG manipulation can be used in generations 1-5 to:

-Obtain flawless Pokemon
-Obtain shiny Pokemon
-Generate a certain Trainer ID / Secret ID
and more!

Smogon's In-game articles provide quite a bit of info on RNG manipulation, and they're really helpful if you're learning the ropes.

Anyways, feel free to post anything you've RNG'd or are RNGing here! You can also ask questions if you need help.

Stuff I've RNG manipulated:

Sapphire (Dry battery)
Shiny Mudkip
Shiny Voltorb
Shiny Kecleon
Shiny Regirock
Shiny Regice
Shiny Registeel
Shiny Kyogre
Shiny Rayquaza
Shiny Beldum
Shiny Wurmple
Shiny Zigzagoon
Shiny Linoone
Shiny Lotad
Shiny Electrike
Shiny Taillow
Shiny Spinda
Shiny Numel
Shiny Roselia
Shiny Trapinch

Platinum
Flawless Gible

SoulSilver
TID/SID combo usable with Cute Charm trick (22% chance for shinies)
~50 shinies so far
Shiny Articuno with almost perfect IVs
Flawless Ditto

Black
Flawless Ditto

Black 2
Flawless Archen
Flawless Heatran
Flawless Cresselia
Flawless Terrakion
Flawless Volcarona

I'm currently running through Sapphire, trying to RNG a bunch of shiny wild Pokemon with Sweet Scent. I'm also RNGing a shiny Ho-Oh in SoulSilver.

I got into RNGing a few months back with a 6IV Ditto in Black. Breeding in ORAS has never been easier. I highly suggest you learn it, as it's not cheating (external programs don't actually touch the game or anything in it) and you can use it to get many flawless and shiny things in mere hours. It does take a while to learn, though; and if you plan on RNGing in Gens 3 or 4, prepare for lots and lots of frame-perfect inputs. If you want to learn, start with Black or White (preferably, but B2W2 would also work) as you don't have to hit any frame-perfect inputs and the RNG is really stable in BW.

Last edited:

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We already have two threads discussing RNG procedures and questions over in the WiFi section of the forums, here and here. They cover the help side of things, and just talking about what one has RNGed feels a little thin for a thread, since once you can do the technique for one Pokemon, doing it for 10 other Pokemon in the same game becomes trivial at best, repetitive at worst. So I'm afraid I'm going to lock this. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)