1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

RNG NOC: GAME OVER

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by shinyskarmory, May 7, 2013.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck i am woodchuck
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

fuck way to ruin my joke timing
  2. Fire Blast

Fire Blast

So Metal Sonic honestly seems like he is trying to play off the suspicion on him by making random posts that don't defend himself or mean anything.

Lynch Metal Sonic

I'm also going to FoS Box for just posting a bandwagon vote/FoS without adding anything.

Un-FoS LightWolf
    For now, he seems fine.
  3. Box

Box

You know what.

Unlynch Celever
    Lynch Metal Sonic

Un-FoS Metal Sonic
    FoS Celever

Don't be annoying about it.
  4. theangryscientist

theangryscientist

alright guys let's ease up on the votes for metal sonic, we still have plenty of time for discussion and several people who haven't posted and we don't want to hit majority and end the day so quickly
  5. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting earlier-long shift at work.

Anyways, I don't understand the whole lynch the experienced first. I mean, the roles were randomized so the likelyhood of lw and/or ag being scum are the same as everybody elses.

Having said that, they still have a chance of being mafia so let's not rule that out just yet.

If there's one thing I really hate is people changing their votes everytime they post, specially when they post just to do so and and provide absolutely nothing to the conversation. Just saying.

Anyways, is day 1. No actions were allowed last night so that means any vote today, as in today, is pretty much groundless. That's not quite fun is it now?

I really don't understand what metal sonic is doing...but he seems like the hyper kind of person so I'm not really concerned about him just yet.

I'm going to sleep now, hopefully there will be something I can answer tomorrow after work.
  6. Box

Box

I'm going to go with 'sonic is just really excited about being mafia that's why he's posting like a kid on sugar rush'. My lynch vote holds.
  7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck i am woodchuck
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm inclined to agree with the suspicion on Metal Sonic, but I also agree with theangryscientist's point that we should avoid ending this day early before everyone gets a chance to post and the discussion is played out.
  8. Eagle4

Eagle4

Okay I can't post much right now since I'm going to France for a day trip in like, 5 minutes.

Metal Sonic does seem excited, but that could be attributed to him having a village power role. Of course, he is still acting suspicous anyway what with his meaningless posting, but I want to keep my vote on celever since he still hasn't posted yet.

Box is bandwagoning at every chance he gets ~
  9. Celever

Celever

Oops. Sorry guys I didn't realize day 1 had already started. First mafia game. :(

I assume that a "lynch" is basically a vote against someone and if they have enough votes against them then they die? If this is is the case I would lynch metal sonic. Simply because he is posting a bunch with many posts being pointless which is really random behavior.

I'll FoS CBTerrakion because like people were doing to me he still hasn't posted yet, but he is very active elsewhere in the forums.

Will there be plot twists and stuff thrown our way in the coming days and nights?
  10. Box

Box

I'm hardly an experienced mafia player so I may as well back the winning horse!
  11. More Cowbell

More Cowbell

Vote Count 1.3 (aka the "Link, return the goats to their stable! HIYA HIYA HIYA" vote count)

Lynch Votes:

Celever (1): Eagle4, Box
    Yoshinite (1): LightWolf
    theangryscientist (0): Gronkasaurus Rex
    Metal Sonic (5): Aura Guardian, theangryscientist, Fire Blast, Box, celever L-3
    Aura Guardian (0): Eagle4
    Fire Blast (0): theangryscientist

Not Voting (7): Blackhawk11, CB Terrakion, Cereza, Metal Sonic, Obbmud99, Woodchuck, Yoshinite

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

FoS count:

Lightwolf (2): Aura Guardian, Eagle4, Fire Blast, theangryscientist, yoshinite
    Fire Blast (1): Aura Guardian
    Gronkasaurus Rex (0): theangryscientist
    CB Terrakion (2): theangryscientist, celever
    Metal Sonic (2): Woodchuck, Box, Blackhawk11
    Yoshinite (2): Aura Guardian, Box
    Box (1): Fire Blast
    Celever (1): Box

Not under suspicion: Blackhawk11, Cereza, Eagle4, Obbmud99, Woodchuck, Gronkasaurus Rex, Aura Guardian, theangryscientist

The next Deadline Review is at 8:00 AM EST (GMT-5) on May 15th (98 hours away).

Deadline is currently set at 8:00 AM EST (GMT-5) on May 17th (146 hours away).
  12. More Cowbell

More Cowbell

Answer to celever:

No, there will be no plottwist. The game will keep its structure all the way through.
  13. Obbmud99

Obbmud99

Update! Targets of the witch hunt of anti-social are now:

CB Terrakion

As you can see here, either I pressured people into posting, or they figured out after 13 hours or so that the game started. Anyway, we now have one clear target, for the witch hunters. Either CB Terrakion is Mafia, and lurking, or he is clean, and not knowing that the game started. He had been online six hours ago though, so he could have easily checked after confirming that he was in the game.

FOS CB Terrakion

Also, I would like to note that Metal Sonic is making it really easy to Lynch him, so he might have some type of lynch redirect. That would be bad.

Lynch Metal Sonic
  14. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

I agree that this day should go on as long as feasible. Also, enough votes on Metal Sonic because I agree with:
    Seconding that MS's posts probably are just foolish power role, since he broadcast his excitement. Unvote Metal Sonic. Any further votes for him probably won't do anything. I figure let MS prove himself in the next couple of days. I also just noticed the Box bandwagoning thing. I think we should make him answer for that shortly. Lynch Box. His "reasoning" for why he made his most recent vote... not sufficient to explain bandwagoning like that.
    The first two posts on that topic were unaware of that, and when corrected, the later posts didn't see that.
    Nope, not groundless. Everything has a reason. It's just that we don't have enough reason to push it to a full lynch instead of votes. At least in the mean time, we can try and ferret out information based on voting and posting patterns.
  15. yoshinite

yoshinite

Lynch Box Unlynch Celever
    Though this will probably draw suspicion to me, his immediate bandwagoning makes me scared.
    Also on most of the posts hes made tgere was no explanation.
  16. More Cowbell

More Cowbell

shinyskarmory and I have decided against the implementation of a double FoS rule. This means that you can only put one (1) Finger of Suspicion on someone, not two.
  17. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Turn it up!
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

^ that is scummy i may consider you for scum

vote:box

I AM THE BEST POWER ROLE IN THE GAME DON'T LYNCH ME!
  18. Blackhawk11

Blackhawk11 one on one

Well, I've just come back from reading a bit of the Mafia from the Depths thread, and I have to say that Metal Sonic's posting style in that game was very similar to this, although this is a bit more extreme. I'm willing to believe he's just a spaz, but I'm still suspicious so I won't remove my FoS. I would like to hear a bit more from him.

Metal Sonic, could you please give a short (2-3 sentence) read on one of the players who has posted so far?

As for Box, bandwagonning could be just as much a symptom of being a beginner as it could being mafia. As a beginner myself, all I know is that everyone is supposed to post a lot in order for others to get reads on them. I've found it hard to come up with original things to say. So in order to help out I'll ask him the same question: Box, please give a short read on one of the players who has posted for whom you have NOT voted.

In the meantime: FoS Box.

I'm not going to use my lynch vote for now because I don't want us to reach a majority and end the day early. There's a lot left to be said!
  19. Blackhawk11

Blackhawk11 one on one

I suppose I should clarify, a "read" should consist of a short analysis of posts and a conclusion as to which side you feel that player is aligned.
  20. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Maybe I worded that wrong, I meant that pretty much every vote today has very little evidence to back it up. Does that sounds better? Anyways, I do agree with you that we can find something based on posts and other behaviors.
  21. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

am I the only one who thinks that
    1. This was a very stupid move
    2. This was a very stupid move
  22. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

Honestly, we are talking about Metal Sonic here. that guy acted like an idiot on purpose last game just to clean himself, and it goddamn worked. For this reason I honestly find it stupid hard to get anything on him, it's impossible to tell if he is acting like that to get hit as a role less guy, to reverse logic us as an actual power role or he is a mafia trying to clean himself with foolishness. In the end I do not think it's possible to make anything out of him for quite a few days.

Either way, is it me or is this turning into a bandwagon fest? FoS wagon on me, then bandwagon on MS, and now everyone is jumping on Box. Can we a bit diversify our attention please?
  23. Celever

Celever

Yeah, I am pretty sure Metal Sonic is trolling by now. I mean come on, he is just posting a bunch of stupid sentences and calling them posts, never mind explaining he is the best power role in the game.

Edit: Haha. That is so true LightWolf. It all depends on who the bandwagon finishes on at the end of the day I suppose.
  24. cbt

cbt doom
    is a Pokemon Researcher

FoS Metal Sonic

Why would I want to believe idiocy?
  25. Aura Guardian

Aura Guardian

Eh, he already asked us to guess what he's excited about. So that didn't really do anything other than make it harder to miss.
    Ok, I did NOT remember/see/something that game. Thank you for pointing it out. However, for now, I think his claim makes it foolhardy to risk him any more right now, because he might make a nice meat shield for now. Diversifying the votes would be nice... if there were more people being obviously suspicious all at once, we might get more people disagreeing on who to lynch first, and diversifying that way... Hrm.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)