RNG NOC: GAME OVER

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
k let's go
AG: He seems to be supporting the town, getting more people to post, and genuinely trying to find mafia. He is an experience player, and I believe he wants the town to win. Almost Definite town
Blackhawk11: Eh, he seems like he's trying to help the town, he really wants people to post. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's because he wants info to ling people, but I don't really know. Probably Town
CB Terrakion: He seems to just be lurking a lot, and his posts to make any sense to me. It's hard to read people when they've made like 3 posts... Maybe Mafia
Cereza: For some reason, Cereza has seemed like one of the most suspicious people here. She barely posts, and doesn't seem to openly targer people. She seems like she could be a mafia trying to blend in and not be noticed. Maybe Mafia
Celever: Celever is really hard to read for me. He seems so (no offense) innocently noobish! But this could all be a c(e)lever ploy because he is mafia. I don't know
Eagle4: He seems pretty genuine. (See AG) but he seems a little more suspicious due to not posting a lot. Probably Town
Fire Blast: Fire Blast also seems like he is trying to help the town by doing several "analysises" of what was going on, andhis posts are full of quotes. Probably Town
Gronkosaurus Rex: The more I think about it, the more I think Gronko isn't actually mafia. He makes meh posts, and doesn't seem like he's trying to blend in, but rather stick out. Maybe Town
LightWolf: LightWolf has not posted a lot for being an experienced player, so not gonna give a read. Also he was the first one that tried to lynch me ;__;
Metal Sonic: CONFUSED
Obbmudd99: He seems like he's helping the town, and coaxing inactive mafia into posting and revealing all their secrets Probably Town
tas: I don't really know right now, might post about him later.
Woodchuck: He makes pretty valid posts, gathering information but he votes a lot. Maybe Town
Yoshinite: is awesome

After this I've decided to:
UnLynch Rex, Lynch Cereza
Shoot me.

This are shit and useless reads.

However the 15 minutes of effort in doing so lead me to vote CBT over yoshinite, along with this

CBT said:
ah, i honestly feel little to no pressure, as this isnt why im posting. Judging from a lot of the evidence stacked against Yoshinite, I'm going to have to say Lynch Yoshinite, especially since the seemingly pr Metal Sonic is going for similar results. I also am going to stick with a lot of opinions on Blackhawk, so FoS Blackhawk11.
Is the worst post in this thread besides those posted by Box

Vote:ChoiceBandTerrakion

Due to the positive rise in activity, shinyskarmory and I have decided that the day will not end for another 25 hours. That makes the current deadline the 16th of May, at 8AM. Another 24 hour extension is possible, depending on activity.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay now I shall tl;dr (I kind of feel more at ease tl;dring honestly, short posts just aren't my style)

First I got asked
@lightwolf; what do you think about cereza, yoshinite and blackhawk11?
SURE

First yoshinite. He was my kinda random first vote, where I really just voted him because he caught my eyes first from those who FoS bandwagoned me. Other than that he really doesn't stick out, simple if not a bit short posts, presents both his own opinions and follows that of others. Really standard stuff, would have removed my vote had the hosts not already have done that before.

Then lets go with Cereza. Well geee, I like that logic, just playing mafia according to how everyone thinks it should be played limits the number view points, I myself hate colouring a certain action as village or mafia like. But not sure if similar thoughts makes me trust her more or less... Though her arguments have generally been avoiding the game's happenings, her logic explains why that is the case, no contradiction here.

now for blackhawk, honestly I said this last game, I will say this here, sometimes I will just have no opinion of someone, and this is such a case, at least for yoshinite there was my first vote, but here I have zero nada zilch nothing. I can see logic behind what he says what he does, neither which means anything towards him being mafia or not.

Now another thing from Gronk's post that caught my eye(same post he asked me the above). He points out tas' recent posts, and honestly right. While I saw tas already posting to excuse the inactivity that followed, that isn't my problem. We were at a point where discussion was very dead, asking others to post at that point feels kind of like just feigning activity. Sure thread is dead, but content less posts are not gonna spark many posts. FoS tas

Now I think I might as well take a better look at CBT, since he is most likely to be lynched. Now, those sure are really few posts with very little content... My problem is, so close to the lynch, and still no reaction? This could be attributed to having given up as either side, or laying low as a mafia...(or being a genius, always an option). Honestly I think his teammates would have asked him to defend himself while the pressure was early, and I doubt he'd give up that early and not try to follow their advice, so my guess is? Inactivity I guess? General loss of interest? In the end, I honestly feel as a mafia he'd not have it get this far either way, just because being a mafia is much more "interesting". So I kinda feel like he is just a nilla. UnFoS CBT

That would be about it.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Eh, CBT is no where near getting lynched by now. It is annoying, since the post he did explaining how he has "no pressure" at a time like that is so obviously fake that it isn't funny. The annoying thing though, is he is so active EVERYWHERE else, and there have been like 8-10 times now where he's been viewing this thread but not posting.

CBT, what is your opinion on Theagnryscientist, Blackhawk, Woodchuck and Yoshinite? You need to say more than you have thus far in your posts, in fact the length of your posts so far don't even cover one of these four people. You are one of the least-busy yet active people on smogon, you have time. I'm setting up a new metagame right now and my post is triple the length of what your's are.
I know I hate questions for opinions on other people in this game, but CBT must make a meaningful post at some point.

I also wouldn't be opposed to yoshinite getting lynched, it is really hard to pick between these two people. I suppose I will just say now that if yoshinite is getting a majority by a long enough way then I will lynch him, if CBT gets lots of lynches back onto him then I will keep my lynch on him. He now has no excuse not to post, since his main reason - I don't know what to post about - is invalid since I have just told him what to vote about.

Celever

i am town
Ok, CBT has been looking at this thread for a while now and hasn't posted. He also is ALWAYS at home at this time so I would be inclined to say that CBT is evading speaking here. He has no reason not to post, I gave him simple questions that he needs to talk about yet he has not. If that is not mafia(ish) I don't know what is.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
@ lightwolf, you pretty much summarized my motives, as if my role was more important, i would have likely been far more concerned with posting than i have been.

@ celever, i wasnt evading, i was merely skimming recent posts of the thread to see what to post about (tbh id delete your 2nd post, as it will be quickly disproven with this post) also, why are those "simple" questions so important to you?

Eagle4:

I think he is a bit hasty to generalize Lightwolf as town, I don't really see how Blackhawk11 contradicted himself, and given your activity, I think he might have been a little charitable to you, Gronkosaurus, though given your recent post, it might not have been unwarranted (without double negatives: it may have been justified). Other than that, his reads are his own, and while I might disagree a little, it is getting late and I see no major flaws in his reasoning, which means I'm fairly sure his post functions as it should - a conversation centerpiece that draws attention to people he views as suspicious.
Mm, maybe I was a little hasty but I genuinely see Lightwolf as town. His latest post basically just makes my opinion of him even more clear. Blackhawk11 contradicted himself with 133 because he calls obbmud out for doing something which he has been doing the entire game.. it's pretty self-explanatory really -__-

ah, i honestly feel little to no pressure, as this isnt why im posting. Judging from a lot of the evidence stacked against Yoshinite, I'm going to have to say Lynch Yoshinite, especially since the seemingly pr Metal Sonic is going for similar results. I also am going to stick with a lot of opinions on Blackhawk, so FoS Blackhawk11.
Yeah, not going to cut it. I believe you're just feigning not being bothered so that people will go "oh, he doesn't care, he mustn't be mafia then". Even if you don't feel pressure, that is not a reason to idle and not post whatsoever. You should be posting no matter what.

Anyways onto the rest of my reads now:

Obbmud99: Okay so yeah blackhawk has a point when he says that most of obbmud's posts have been calling out others for inactivity.. not good. First post by him is a prime example; listing all the players who haven't posted yet and leaving it at that. So then his next post just says that cbt is being inactive, and then he bandwagons onto Metal Sonic (and I did say earlier that there could be mafia involvement with his bandwagon). His next post explains himself (although not very well at all). However, asking who the village leader will be does suggest that he is noob, but it doesn't really indicate if he is scum or not. He then makes another post about inactivity. And then another...
His "reads list" is nothing more than one word thoughts, or just stating what the person has done. His next reads post is a little bit better, and you can see that the guy is trying, but it's not really townie (although not really scummy either. So my final verdict on obbmud is that he could be 1 of 2 possibilities. 1) Noob scum who is trying to make himself look active, but failing miserably as he is making posts of no substance, or 2) Noob townie who is genuinely trying to help, but is failing miserably as he is making posts of no substance. Right now I'm more inclined to think that he is noob scum, so slight scum for now.

theangryscientist: So at the start he was a little reckless with his voting, using lynch votes and FoS a lot, and changing it regularly. This got zorbees some rap in MftD but in that game, he wasn't scum, so I don't think theangryscientist's reckless voting is indicative of anything atm. He was active at the start, but once again that's just neutral. To be honest, all his posts have been pretty neutral and so there's not a lot to go off here. Page 6 is when his posts start to change for the worst. Yeah this has already been mentioned but I'm gonna reiterate it anyways, this and this are pretty scummy imo because he is wanting to get others to post yet he's not posting well himself, trying to make himself look active. This is a common theme throughout a lot of the people here, so I guess you can attribute this to this being a beginner's game, but this is still scummy nevertheless (although this is a strange case since he openly admits to being experienced with mafia, if not neccessarily NOC). Oh also this is pretty scummy. Hehe. Anyway, I see theangryscientist as not scummy enough to be scum, not clean enough to be village, so atm it's neutral.

ack will finish these reads off after my homework, and I'll also tell you, cbt, why the post you just made was really scummy.

Celever

i am town
@ lightwolf, you pretty much summarized my motives, as if my role was more important, i would have likely been far more concerned with posting than i have been.

@ celever, i wasnt evading, i was merely skimming recent posts of the thread to see what to post about (tbh id delete your 2nd post, as it will be quickly disproven with this post) also, why are those "simple" questions so important to you?
CBT. I am probably ninja'ing Eagle here but that is the scummiest post in this thread. I kinda saw Lightwolf baiting you there, probably just me, but if he was you totally fell for it. But basically you just said "yeah, so my plan was that if I pretend I have no pressure people will think I am not scummy. That seems good". You literally just said that in that comment right there.

So, I put the spotlight on you and you suddenly post. Well, 6 hour difference but you started after I had posted my second post. This would lead me, and I believe many other people also, to believe you could post at any time, and when you suddenly have some stuff thrown at you you then post. And you didn't even post WELL, you literally just said "Hey guys! Look at me, I am posting. This means that your arguments are invalid!" What is the most hilarious thing of all about that post, however, is your mentioning of the questions, yet you didn't answer them. Why the hell do you think I asked you those questions? To make you post, like people have been doing throughout the thread. If you answer the questions, and you answer them well, then you are a lot less likely to be mafia, given that you are helping find the mafia. Mafia wouldn't answer questions to try and uncover other mafia.

Come on man, at least try and throw out some fake evidence or something to at least try and hide you are mafia. You do not post, so you do not try to uncover mafia, when you do post it is to either bandwagon to somehow make you seem less suspicious, but it actually makes me think any people that have got band wagoned and CBT has jumped on that band wagon - a.k.a yoshinite - is not a mafia but rather a towns-folk. Now you are down-right avoiding questions on people, because we need more opinions, and you are just saying "why would I want to answer questions?". You want to answer questions to uncover mafia, if you do not try to uncover mafia then you are mafia, therefore CBT IS MAFIA.

(Did I do alright?)

Also, to one of the hosts, do the mafia know who the other mafia are?
I suddenly thought of it today, because if the mafia don't know who the other mafia are it would get kind of ugly for them having mafia take out other mafia. My arguments would probably be much more valid if that is the case, since i sort of assumed it is.

@celever: as the informed minority, each member of the Twilight Horde (or mafia, whatever) knows who the other members of the Horde are. Also, you can not lynch and FoS the same person.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
CBT. I am probably ninja'ing Eagle here but that is the scummiest post in this thread. I kinda saw Lightwolf baiting you there, probably just me, but if he was you totally fell for it. But basically you just said "yeah, so my plan was that if I pretend I have no pressure people will think I am not scummy. That seems good". You literally just said that in that comment right there.

So, I put the spotlight on you and you suddenly post. Well, 6 hour difference but you started after I had posted my second post. This would lead me, and I believe many other people also, to believe you could post at any time, and when you suddenly have some stuff thrown at you you then post. And you didn't even post WELL, you literally just said "Hey guys! Look at me, I am posting. This means that your arguments are invalid!" What is the most hilarious thing of all about that post, however, is your mentioning of the questions, yet you didn't answer them. Why the hell do you think I asked you those questions? To make you post, like people have been doing throughout the thread. If you answer the questions, and you answer them well, then you are a lot less likely to be mafia, given that you are helping find the mafia. Mafia wouldn't answer questions to try and uncover other mafia.

Come on man, at least try and throw out some fake evidence or something to at least try and hide you are mafia. You do not post, so you do not try to uncover mafia, when you do post it is to either bandwagon to somehow make you seem less suspicious, but it actually makes me think any people that have got band wagoned and CBT has jumped on that band wagon - a.k.a yoshinite - is not a mafia but rather a towns-folk. Now you are down-right avoiding questions on people, because we need more opinions, and you are just saying "why would I want to answer questions?". You want to answer questions to uncover mafia, if you do not try to uncover mafia then you are mafia, therefore CBT IS MAFIA.

(Did I do alright?)

Also, to one of the hosts, do the mafia know who the other mafia are?
I suddenly thought of it today, because if the mafia don't know who the other mafia are it would get kind of ugly for them having mafia take out other mafia. My arguments would probably be much more valid if that is the case, since i sort of assumed it is.
actually i didnt post because of anyone's demands, as ive consistently been a "post on your own desire" individual for the entire the game, as a result, this makes some of celever's post moot. i didnt know yoshinite was town when i lynched him, so there goes another moot point you made. and the invalid argument was referring to the fact that celever was accusing me of evasion. i also have no idea who anyone else is rolewise, which is why im bandwagoning and not answering questions.

Celever

i am town
actually i didnt post because of anyone's demands, as ive consistently been a "post on your own desire" individual for the entire the game, as a result, this makes some of celever's post moot. i didnt know yoshinite was town when i lynched him, so there goes another moot point you made. and the invalid argument was referring to the fact that celever was accusing me of evasion. i also have no idea who anyone else is rolewise, which is why im bandwagoning and not answering questions.
For goodness sake cbt. Do you not realize you are digging yourself into a big big hole and soon the light's going to disappear?
You cannot say that you are something, and then say that the post is "moot". Claiming to be a "post whenever you want" is a lot different from being one, and it is not even a good thing TO be one if you're posts are so short and far-between anyway. In fact, it is even worse for you because that is confirming that you could have posted whenever you wanted, but chose not to help the town at all. That was the point Lightwolf was defending you with, and you've gone and thrown that out the window. Even that post, your longest one, is a load of BS.

The invalid argument accusing you of evasion has only gotten bigger you dummy. I accused you of evading answering questions about other townsfolk - oh sorry, you're twilight horde, not even townsfolk - and you still haven't answered them, two posts later. Also, you said that you didn't know yoshinite was town when you lynched him, meaning that you apparently "know" he is town now. Just some food for thought to anyone else reading this.

Like the rest of your posts, the only thing that has done is wasted my time. Come on guys, lynch this twilight scum.

Woodchuck: His first post is a FoS on MS, which is fair enough. His reasoning is hopeful more than anything else, but I won't really look into his first post since that generally tells the least information about the player. Anyways, he then makes a good joke, but up until the end of page 3 he hasn't really made a post of any substance (although the same could be said for a lot of people). His next post however is informative, and he explains himself well. I'm not sure if I agree with: "Cereza looks pretty clean for not jumping to lynch anyone immediately", because whether you lynch anybody at that moment or not isn't really indicative of whether Cereza is mafia or not. His next post is a good 'un, and actually, none of his posts have been scummy so far. He hasn't posted much since then, but at the moment he is strong town.

Yoshinite: So his first post is basically just latching onto mine (voting celever to get him to talk). It's not a bandwagon vote as such, but it does suggest to me that Yoshinite is scared of making his own mind up over who to vote for. His next vote latches onto AG's (box), so now we can see a pattern developing. His third post is a post I disagree with, but he doesn't know celever as well so I don't really see that as scummy. His reasoning is still pretty weak though, imo. He then bandwagons with a cbt vote, then bandwagons with a gronko vote. His reads list is sorta useless, but hey he's trying. I think Yoshinite is a possible scum who is trying to "go with the flow" per se, but as a result of that he's ending up more scummy.

I agree with everything celever has said on you, cbt (and yes, you did ninja me =_=)

Celever:

Oh before I forget

UnFos Blackhawk11
FoS obbmud99

obbmud generally seems more scummy (reasons given in my last post), and Blackhawk's posts have been decent from when I posted my reads on him. It's worth noting that if obbmud flips mafia, blackhawk is clean, and vice versa.

@Hosts: In the last vote count, Celever is listed as voting CBT and FoSing him

I have a final that I should study for, so about this time tomorrow is the earliest when I can plausibly be active again for real. However, until then:

Un-FoS Fire Blast (Undoing it on him rather than Yoshinite becuase at least Fire Blast has made some good posts)
FoS CBTerrakion

If he is mafia, then keeping him at most votes (5 currently) and large FoSes (5 with this, but one is invalid, so 4) is probably best. I don't want to put him at L-2 because then one person might accidentally vote him, not paying attention to the count, and cut a bit of time from the day as he hammer votes himself. If he's not mafia (which I'm starting to doubt), then voting him is a bad idea anyway. (Means: Will probably vote CBT today only when it doesn't risk one person accidentally cutting our day short).

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
alright time for a long-overdue post, gonna give my reads on everyone

Aura Guardian: Has been leading discussion and trying to teach less experienced players all game, been very active, and has generally been making detailed, informative posts and giving reads on other players,probably town

Blackhawk11: Like AG, he's been doing a lot to keep discussion going. He has been contributing his opinions regularly, been very active, etc. probably town

CB Terrakion: Has been posting irregularly and not really saying much when he has posted, and mostly bandwagoned when he did; leaning towards mafia

Cereza: Not much of a read on her, she's been posting occasionally and looks like she's helping the village, but isn't contributing a ton, i'm thinking noob town

Celever: Been fairly active but clearly didn't read the rules early on and had to ask what a stealth is. Celever's been dogging CBT for his poor posting quite a bit and has brought up some good points against him though, probably noob town

i've been getting interrupted constantly while trying to type this up so it took me like 4 hours to get as much done as i have, and i need to sleep, sorry guys i'll try to get everyone else tomorrow

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
actually i didnt post because of anyone's demands, as ive consistently been a "post on your own desire" individual for the entire the game,
your point is moot because I am also a "post on your desire" individual, yet i've posted substantially more posts + content than you

By Metal Sonic's decree of scumhunting,

CBTerak has a 100% chance of being detrimental of the town, only overshadowed by Box. I have taken the liberty to remove Box from the game

Since CBT is a hazard to the game's flow, regardless of alignment(read:ShiningLatios), he is to be lynched for the sake of the town.

Vote CBT

please lynch

also bg on me

More Cowbell misunderstood the purpose of the Deadline Review; the Review should either add time or lock in deadline, but never decrease it.

Deadline is now set at 3:00 PM EST on May 17th so I can actually be on to update.

your point is moot because I am also a "post on your desire" individual, yet i've posted substantially more posts + content than you
I don't see how you posting more contains any more marett. Most of your posts at the beginning were pretty useless, such as...
NOOOOOOOO MY DEPUTY CITRO QUIT! NOOOOO
what is the point of fos?
oh i see

have fun tying me
They are trying to lynch the best power role in the game, obviously they must be scum! or at least 3 of them!
<Sidenote> They were lynching you because you were acting like a spaz.
Midna BG me
<sidenote> You already asked for a background check on the last page.
also a BG on me tonight is MANDATORY
This are shit and useless reads.

However the 15 minutes of effort in doing so lead me to vote CBT over yoshinite, along with this

Is the worst post in this thread besides those posted by Box

Vote:ChoiceBandTerrakion
Might I also mention that you voted twice on CBT to try to start a bandwagon.
I find that his early and middle posts are more useless than my early posts, which I am not sure how that's possible. FOS Metalsonic

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

By Metal Sonic's decree of scumhunting,

CBTerak has a 100% chance of being detrimental of the town, only overshadowed by Box. I have taken the liberty to remove Box from the game

Since CBT is a hazard to the game's flow, regardless of alignment(read:ShiningLatios), he is to be lynched for the sake of the town.

Vote CBT

please lynch

also bg on me
itt metal sonic claims credit for luring box into godkilling himself
sorry for my lack of activity recently, I'll try to post more substantially later today. for now I'll say that I can understand m_S's reasons for lynching CBT, but I still think yoshinite is more likely to be scum. CBT just gives me the impression of a bad vanilla town player who doesn't really care if he gets lynched or not.
though by the same token, given that it is highly likely he is vanilla, lynching him won't hurt us too much. I just don't think lynching CBT would give us that much information when he hasn't really posted enough to read other people based on their interactions with him.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
I am fine with lynching both; however I have the reverse reads of Woodchuck, in that I believe yoshinite to be badnilla town while CBT is scum; yoshinite has posted a passable "reads" post while CBT has not.

Both are detrimental to the village; this cannot be denied.

Celever

i am town
@Hosts: In the last vote count, Celever is listed as voting CBT and FoSing him

I have a final that I should study for, so about this time tomorrow is the earliest when I can plausibly be active again for real. However, until then:

Un-FoS Fire Blast (Undoing it on him rather than Yoshinite becuase at least Fire Blast has made some good posts)
FoS CBTerrakion

If he is mafia, then keeping him at most votes (5 currently) and large FoSes (5 with this, but one is invalid, so 4) is probably best. I don't want to put him at L-2 because then one person might accidentally vote him, not paying attention to the count, and cut a bit of time from the day as he hammer votes himself. If he's not mafia (which I'm starting to doubt), then voting him is a bad idea anyway. (Means: Will probably vote CBT today only when it doesn't risk one person accidentally cutting our day short).
What is so bad about the day ending early though? If we get rid of a person who pretty much fully deserves to be gone, either as scum or frankly unneeded vanillager then I don't really see the problem.

Also, completely unrelated, but I am interested in what "BG" means. Metal sonic mentioned it a couple of times and it might come up later in the game. Just wondering.

What is so bad about the day ending early though? If we get rid of a person who pretty much fully deserves to be gone, either as scum or frankly unneeded vanillager then I don't really see the problem.

Also, completely unrelated, but I am interested in what "BG" means. Metal sonic mentioned it a couple of times and it might come up later in the game. Just wondering.
Day ending early: Means we talk less, so we have less of people talking to use as evidence for or against other people later. Means the mafia has an easier job later. And even an unneeded vanillager lynched off would cost us in terms of numbers, though I'm not arguing in favor of CBT right now... Losing numbers means that we're closer to defeat, unless the vanillager was actively harming the village. BG means Bodyguard = prevents mafia from killing his target.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)