RNG NOC: GAME OVER

It's pretty hard to garner any information from our mislynch on CBT simply because he didn't post much. The votes for him are hard to get a read on because they were justified, although there is a likelihood of mafia involvement with the lynch.

To sum cbt up:

1) Yoshinite is mafia
2) Blackhawk11 could be mafia
3) theangryscientist could be mafia

And that's about it. Whilst this doesn't mean that Yoshinite is mafia or anything like that, at least we know that what he thinks is genuine.

We can get a bit more information from Woodchuck's death. From his posts he thinks that:

1) yoshinite is mafia

Oh..er..that's it. Okay then, so both the people who died think yoshinite is scum, so there's a possibility that Yoshinite killed woodchuck so that there would be less people suspecting him (although yoshinite didn't target cbt). I don't really think that yoshinite would do that though because he would know that it would draw more attention to himself. Nevertheless, the two people who thought that yoshinite was scum are now dead, and also my read on him:

Eagle4 said:
Yoshinite: So his first post is basically just latching onto mine (voting celever to get him to talk). It's not a bandwagon vote as such, but it does suggest to me that Yoshinite is scared of making his own mind up over who to vote for. His next vote latches onto AG's (box), so now we can see a pattern developing. His third post is a post I disagree with, but he doesn't know celever as well so I don't really see that as scummy. His reasoning is still pretty weak though, imo. He then bandwagons with a cbt vote, then bandwagons with a gronko vote. His reads list is sorta useless, but hey he's trying. I think Yoshinite is a possible scum who is trying to "go with the flow" per se, but as a result of that he's ending up more scummy.
means that I still find him scummy, but not enough to vote for him as a lynch vote.

What's strange is the fact that Aura Guardian wasn't killed, as he's been the one who's posting a lot, is experienced, and who a lot of people see as a townie. He should be dead really, unless mafia knew about Woodchuck having a power role, but I don't see how they would. Right now I'm gonna FoS Aura Guardian

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
celever was probably referring to the flavor of the update: a bulbos is one of the pigs ridden by the bulblin enemies in LoZ twilight princess

@celever: a tracker targets another user and, if that user has a night action, the tracker is informed who they used that action on, but doesn't get told what the action is
Oh thanks. That's a pretty handy role to have!

Shame he died...

Celever

i am town
Yay everyone that tried to lynch me is dead! Wait fuck that makes me a target
;__;
Just posting to say inb4 Eagle4's post will be about me mostly.
Also Celever care to explain what you mean by "what an evil pig". Will post later reviewing who would want ol' Chuckle dead. (besides me)
This post alone makes me very reluctant to give yoshinite a mafia tag. I mean, unless he is being kinda stupid, which generally yoshinite is not, he would not out-right shout why he is now a target. He could be being very clever, but I doubt he is mafia by now.

Although the next post he makes on other people who would want woodchuck dead could determine whether he gets lynched, or lots of FoS' that later lead to lynches etc. etc.

No pressure.

Honestly I am not sure why Metal Sonic didn't get axed. He kept saying how he had the "Power" role of the game, but if he did, why wouldn't they have gone after him? It's clear that even if he got a bodyguard, he wasn't targeted, unless the mafia has 2 kills, which I doubt due to power balance issues. Either he's in on it, or somehow, Woodchuck needed to go first.

FOS MetalSonic

If Woodchuck was wanted dead, there are two reasons that I see. Either he was wanted because he was going to find out who the mafia is, or he is hated by one of the other players.
Following option B, because Eagle4 already followed option A, Gronkasaurus Rex went after him in two of his posts. In the first, he said that Woodchuck was making irrelevant posts, states how nobody targeted him, and lynch votes him. Then when Woodchuck tells him that if he was mafia, he would have bandwagon-ed MetalSonic, then Gronkasaurus Rex backs off. His posts that were longer tried to make people look scummy. I know that I am making a "false dichotomy" over this, but I like to point out more than one possibility. Let's see Gronkasaurus Rex's opinion on this, because I think the innosent before proven guilty is a good way to go. Let's see what you have to say Rexy.

FOS Gronkasaurus Rex

Honestly I am not sure why Metal Sonic didn't get axed. He kept saying how he had the "Power" role of the game, but if he did, why wouldn't they have gone after him? It's clear that even if he got a bodyguard, he wasn't targeted, unless the mafia has 2 kills, which I doubt due to power balance issues. Either he's in on it, or somehow, Woodchuck needed to go first.

FOS MetalSonic
[Reminds self: this is a game full of newbies, not experts. This is NOT atrocious logic...] Obbmud, I can think of many reasons why MS wasn't axed. One, despite being a power role, the mafia views him as a minor threat. Two, he kept asking for bodyguard protection, so the mafia probably assumed he had it and that a kill would thus be wasted. Three, the mafia feared a watcher role and didn't want to risk it. Four, the mafia figures on trying to hang him later. Five, the mafia does not have good tactics - such as if all experienced players were village. Six, huge mind game, which would arise if the mafia has an experienced player. Seven, they wanted to get rid of someone who was a bigger threat, though that is similar to reason one. Even more reasons exist, but they're beyond the realm of plausible for a beginner game, I feel.

I also see Eagle's FoS'ed me because I should be dead, but some of those reasons I gave here also apply to why the mafia wouldn't kill me (kill me later, bigger threat, fear of a watcher nametargeting me, just bad tactics, or lynch me later).
If Woodchuck was wanted dead, there are two reasons that I see. Either he was wanted because he was going to find out who the mafia is, or he is hated by one of the other players.
Following option B, because Eagle4 already followed option A, Gronkasaurus Rex went after him in two of his posts. In the first, he said that Woodchuck was making irrelevant posts, states how nobody targeted him, and lynch votes him. Then when Woodchuck tells him that if he was mafia, he would have bandwagon-ed MetalSonic, then Gronkasaurus Rex backs off. His posts that were longer tried to make people look scummy. I know that I am making a "false dichotomy" over this, but I like to point out more than one possibility. Let's see Gronkasaurus Rex's opinion on this, because I think the innosent before proven guilty is a good way to go. Let's see what you have to say Rexy.

FOS Gronkasaurus Rex
Option three, he was randed or the mafia figured out from his playstyle or SOMETHING that he had decent odds of being a power role.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There is a M'effin Mafia Roleblocker. Iirc, if there was a BG on me, they should have gone first to protect me from the sucker.

ANY OTHER PRS WHO WERE ON ME(EXAMPLE:WATCHER) PLEASE TELL US IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO THANKS

Blackhawk11

one on one
Ok so I went back and summarized all of Woodchucks posts and the posts about woodchuck.

Post numbers come first followed by a summary of that post. if the post number starts with 'w' (like "w#..") that means it's a woodchuck post, numbers without 'w' are made by others
Also I should note that I searched the thread by ctrl-f-ing for "woodchuck" so if anyone posted about him without using his full username then there's a chance that I missed it.
Code:
#36 obbmud lists WC as not posted
w#40 FoS Metal Sonic, little reasoning
w#50/51 jokes
w#57 suspicious of MS
#78 g.Rex votes for WC, brings up lack of substance in posts, defends metal sonic?
w#80/81 defends self, continues suspicion of MS. Says Cereza looks pretty clean, slightly questioning of G.Rex's methods
w#87 decides that MS is too difficult to read. un-fos
w#89 pretty decent joke
#90 I point out that WC singles out Cereza as being good, possibly could be mafia
#92 G.Rex unvotes WC, asks him questions.
w#96 responds to #92: retracts (kinda) cleanliness of cereza, no call on LW, thinks I'm pretty townish
w#125 bandwagons CBT to aid in pressure
#131 AG describes him as leaning town, could go either way
w#168 summarizes yoshinite's activity as "very little substance," wants him to post better, believes he may be trying to lay low
w#169 changes CBT lynch to fos, lynches yoshinite
#188 AG agrees with WC on yoshinite
w#193 [incorrectly] calls me out for not addressing yoshinite at all
#195 obbmud reads that WC is village
#198 yoshinite reads WC as maybe town
#214 Eagle reads him as strong town
w#221 reiterates that he thinks that yoshinite is a better lynch target than CBT
#222 MS claims the opposite of what WC just did
I think that the biggest piece of information that we're going to get from deaths is what other people thought of them, so that's why I included that. Here's a summary:
- Gronkasaurus Rex voted for Woodchuck based on lack of substance in posts, removed his vote 14 posts later
- I thought that Woodchuck could possibly be mafia based on statement about Cereza, but wasn't very suspicious
- Aura_Guardian read him as "leaning town" but could go either way, agreed with his logic
- obbmud read him as "village"
- yoshinite read him as "maybe town"
- Eagle4 read him as "strong town"

So Gronkasaurus Rex and I each thought that Woodchuck could be mafia, but neither of us felt very strongly about it. Obviously these could come from mafians trying to cast suspicion on Woodchuck, but I know that mine wasn't. G.Rex's was a bit more forceful and might have been trying to divert attention from Metal Sonic, but that would imply that the two of them are on a team, which is a somewhat large assumption to do anything with beyond pointing it out.
Then, later in the phase, he gets four reads of village. Maybe one (or more) of those village reads were meant to clean a mafia player. X player makes a village read, Woodchuck flips village, X player points out he was right, nobody suspects him of mafia. I know that is a little farfectched, but who knows, maybe it could happen and it's at least something to think about.

Now, for what Woodchuck's thoughts and suspicions were:
- Originally supsicious of Metal_Sonic, later decides that he's too difficult to read
- Questions Gronkasaurus Rex's methods and is slightly suspicious of him, but not too much (for some reason I thought he felt a bit more stronly, but my notes don't seem to show that)
- Says that Cereza could be good based on her posts, later decides that his thought overlooked several factors and sort of retracts the read by doing so
- Bandwagons CBT, wants him to post more
- Decides that yoshinite is the most suspicious, changes his vote to him. Wants him to post better

Obviously, Woodchuck was the most suspicious of yoshinite, especially late in the game, and I don't think that this can be ignored. I think that at this very moment our best target is yoshinite, so let's get him talking.
FoS yoshinite

So, why did Woodchuck die?
- Random
- The mafia knew he had a power role
- He had a very strong village read, and the mafia was scared of that
- He was suspicious of one of the mafia members

My first thought is it was a random. I doubt that anyone knew that he had a power role. The third option could have been why he was chosen for the random. The last one might be legit, so I don't think we should rule out the possibility of yoshinite, Metal_Sonic, or Gronkasaurus Rex being mafia.

So that's my analysis of Woodchuck's legacy on this game. If someone wants to summarize CBT and what people thought of him, that'd be cool. If no one has done it by tonight, I'll do it. I think I'm gonna have some free time around 7:45-9:00 est.

My own quick comment: MS, what do you mean by your last post? From what I know about bodyguards, they only protect from kills.

Ok on my phone again hi.

Celever's #254 is interesting, in the sense that it makes me view yoshinite as less scummy and I didn't think that quite a few of his posts had been like that.

Also no one is talking about the cbterakkion flip, which I might do later when it's not four am = S

Regarding woodchucks death; there are many possibilities but I don't think it useless to look at them. I think it does make yoshinite look scummier (although as I said before and as celever pointed out his posts have been interesting) and a couple others (like metal sonic and me) look a bit scummier simply because woodchuck suspected us. Also metal sonic might not actually be a power role? Or the mafia doesn't think he is?
Also @obbmud99 i didn't hate woodchuck = (. I pressured him because I thought he was scummy and then left him alone cause I didn't think he was scummy. Obviously it's not as simple as that but yeah.

Anyway I am going to follow up on my vote theangryscientist
His vote on cb was apparently meant to get cb to talk and I don't think he really justified it beyond that to any degree.

Bah I will post later today when I have a greater level of coherency. Bye

Celever

i am town
I just thought I would point it out. As yoshinite is the main target right now, every line of defense he posts needs to be noted. Which, come to think of it, still hasn't come. Where is your post on who else would want woodchuck dead, yoshinite?

Also I will summarize cbt, I'll do it not but it'll take forever so...

There is a M'effin Mafia Roleblocker. Iirc, if there was a BG on me, they should have gone first to protect me from the sucker.

ANY OTHER PRS WHO WERE ON ME(EXAMPLE:WATCHER) PLEASE TELL US IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO THANKS
You're thinking of a Safeguard, or SG. Also, since we had a tracker, I'm not too sure we'd have a watcher to go with.

Celever

i am town
(No need to put this in hide tags, he did too little! :P)
Cbt does:
Nothing
Barely anything:
Finally posts... as a bandwagon FoS. #74
Says he is a john, and bandwagons onto Gronk with a lynch while re-FoS'ing Metal Sonic. #120 (46 posts... I know...)
CBT says he doesn't know what to post about #145
CBT exclaims he feels little to no pressure. Lynches yoshinite as a bandwagon and FoS' blackhawk as a bandwagon #176
Evades questions while saying he is not evading them #207
States he votses on own desire. Has no idea who anyone else in rolewise #212 (That's why you take part in this game and don't just bandwagon)
CBT forgets who he FoS'd and FoS' tas #235

Cbt gets done to:
Theangryscientist FoS' CBT #33
Celever (IDK, easier to take note of) FoS' CBT #59
Obbmud talks about why CBT should be FoS'd and does so#63
Blackhawk exclaims it is nice of CBT to come and asks what kept him. #76
Celever un-FoS' CBT #83
Woodchuck wants more from CBT #96
Eagle4 lynches CBT #104
Aura Guardian lynches CBT #110
Aura Guardian lynches CBT again due to votes resetting #117
Eagle4 lynches CBT again #121
Yoshinite lynches CBT again with some backed-up logic #122
Aura guardian posts being very adamant about CBT getting to L-3 since he wants him to talk #123
Woodchuck lynches CBT #125
Blackhawk lynches CBT #126
Yoshinite un-lynches CBT but FoS' him #130
Aura guardian exclaims about how CBT was viewing the thread but didn't post and wants an explanation (wants because he still hasn't given one :P) #143
Obbmud says not enough information is there about him #153
Eagle4 lists CBT as possible scum #154
Woodchuck unlynches but FoS' CBT #169
I lynch CBT #174
Gronkosaurus says CBT's posts sound genuine #180
Yoshinite explains that it is hard to read CBT when he has like 3 posts, and his posts make sense #198
Metal sonic lynches CBT #201
Lightwolf UnFos' CBT #204
I question CBT #205
I remark that CBT has been looking at the thread for a long time and then left, meaning he is evading those questions #206
I make a big and in my opinion pretty good post on why CBT is mafia (he isn't, but it was justified right?) #209
I counter CBT again #213
Eagle agrees with everything I said about CBT #214
Aura Guardian FoS' CBT #215
tas is leaning towards mafia with CBT #216
Metal sonic lynches CBT #217
Aura Guardian lynches CBT #241

CBT DIES!!! (yay!)

(If there is no clear benefit then will just post "no"
Also, Woodchuck's death could possibly be orchestrated by a pun-hater.
List of people that would benefit from Woodchuck's death
AG: No
Blackhawk11: Called him out on getting people to post but not posting substantially himself. Later he said he was leaning town though.
Cereza: He was suspicious of her a little, but that died down.
Celever: No
Eagle4: No
Fire Blast: No
Gronkosaurus Rex: No
Lightwolf No
Metal Sonic: Woodchuck was almost sure that Metal Sonic was mafia at the beggining, but that ended as the game went by and he thought he was noob town. Metal Sonic (if he was mafia) could be afraid that it would resurface.
Obbmudd96: Woodchuck kind of thought he was trying to take over the villlage, but meh.
tas: No
Yoshinite: Yoshinite is probably the person that would benefit most from woodchuck's death. Besides CBT, he was the only other person that lynched him. He had several posts right before his death pointing out how he thought Yoshinite seemed very scummy.
fuk

Judging from this information (as I know I'm noob town), I choose either A: Random or E: Someone hates puns on a very personal level.

I may review who doesn't like puns later.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Alright, if MS is telling the truth, then we've learned that the mafia probably has a role-blocker, which is why they didn't kill MS and instead could target someone "random". If we have a village safeguard, you may want to consider targetting MS, however, that could affect the BG on him(if it was/will be on him). I'm not sure exactly what to do, and I guess it would be a mind game. I'm still a bit suspicious of MS though.

MS: Who are you most suspicious of right now as being mafia. Alternatively, if you don't have any strong mafia reads, who is your strongest village read?

Having a little trouble thinking, but it is also plausible the mafia would just double up the roleblock and the kill on MS, thus either SG and MS are wasted, or the ... wait, losing the kill would be a problem for the mafia, so never mind there. If the SG blocks them once though, they might do it just to be sure.

Metal Sonic, was there flavor for how you were hooked?

I would have posted this vote count sooner, but there's not really much voting going on...

Vote Count 2.1 (aka the "If you want to save your friends, you'll have to do what I want for a while!" vote count)

Lynch Votes

theangryscientist (1): Gronkasaurus Rex

Not Voting (11): Aura Guardian, blackhawk11, celever, Cereza, Eagle4, Fire Blast, LightWolf, Metal Sonic, Obbmud99, theangryscientist, yoshinite

Since there are 12 players, majority is 7 votes.

FoS count:

Aura Guardian (1): Eagle4
Metal Sonic (1): Obbmud99
Gronkasaurus Rex(1): Obbmud99
Yoshinite (1): blackhawk11

Not under suspicion: blackhawk11, celever, Cereza, Eagle4, Fire Blast, LightWolf, Obbmud99, theangryscientist

Deadline is at 2:00 PM EST (GMT-5) on May 26th (118 hours away).

theangryscientist will be subbed out upon request ASAP, you may continue playing in the meantime.

If you insist.

Lynch Obbmud99

For my reasoning here which Obbmud99 made no attempt to reply to:

Eagle4 said:
Obbmud99: Okay so yeah blackhawk has a point when he says that most of obbmud's posts have been calling out others for inactivity.. not good. First post by him is a prime example; listing all the players who haven't posted yet and leaving it at that. So then his next post just says that cbt is being inactive, and then he bandwagons onto Metal Sonic (and I did say earlier that there could be mafia involvement with his bandwagon). His next post explains himself (although not very well at all). However, asking who the village leader will be does suggest that he is noob, but it doesn't really indicate if he is scum or not. He then makes another post about inactivity. And then another...
His "reads list" is nothing more than one word thoughts, or just stating what the person has done. His next reads post is a little bit better, and you can see that the guy is trying, but it's not really townie (although not really scummy either. So my final verdict on obbmud is that he could be 1 of 2 possibilities. 1) Noob scum who is trying to make himself look active, but failing miserably as he is making posts of no substance, or 2) Noob townie who is genuinely trying to help, but is failing miserably as he is making posts of no substance. Right now I'm more inclined to think that he is noob scum, so slight scum for now.
Ima go

UnFoS Aura Guardian

Fos LightWolf

See this as a pressure FoS, you're an experienced player who's blatantly idling, and I know that this mafia game isn't a priority for you, but you have to start contributing because you're vital for the village (if you are a townie, that is).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)