1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Gen 4 RoA Mini-Tournaments 4 - Congratulations HSA!

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Jellicent, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Super Moderator

approved by that chill guy Bloo
    ~RoA Mini-Tournament 4~
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

For this Mini-Tourney, we're doing DPP Ubers (sans Arceus). Good luck, have fun, etc.

How to participate:
    • The RoA Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
    • The Rounds will last exactly 3 days from the second the round is posted here in the RoA forum. At the end of the 3 days, I will call any unfinished matches and move to the next round, no exceptions.
    • All of the Rounds will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for when the round is over and the next round has started!
    • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, or 32 participants, no more than that or it stops being mini. First 16 are in for 16- and 24-man tourneys with the last 9 randomized for 24-man tourneys, and the first 20 are in with the last 12 being randomized for 32-man tourneys. Each sign-ups will try to achieve 32 participants, but if it isn't possible, then it will be a 16- or 24-man tourney with the first 16 that signed up in.

General Rulings for all Tournaments (open)
    Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

RoA Mini-Tournaments Rules:
    • Battles will be played on the Pokemon Online simulator.
    • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
    • You may switch your team each round.

Other things to note about RoA Mini-Tournaments:
    • All Rounds and tournaments will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for the start of new rounds and sign-ups.
    • Each tournament will feature a different past metagame, ranging from RBY to DPP, including any recognized tiers or metagames from these gens.
    • Keeping logs is highly recommended, and I'd like any semi-finals and finals match logs PMed to me, so we can all check out the replays after the tournament is over.
    • Because all of the mini-tourneys will take place in this thread, there won't be more than one tourney running at a time.
    • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tourney.

Hall of Fame:

• RoA Mini-Tourney 1: DPP UU - SilentVerse
    • RoA Mini-Tourney 2: ADV Ubers - undisputed
    • RoA Mini-Tourney 3: RBY OU - Kennen
  2. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ding dong~!
  3. McMeghan

McMeghan Dreamcatcher
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Champion

4. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the Smogon Tour Season 16 Championis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

5. Hangover

Hangover

6. Go10

Go10 Storm Vanguard !
    is a Tutor

7. Anno nyme

Anno nyme

8. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

9. AuraRayquaza

AuraRayquaza

10. Chirac

Chirac

11. Gabranth

Gabranth

12. Floppy

Floppy
    is a Pre-Contributor

13. HSA ♥

HSA ♥ I am the God of the new world.

14. AkHolic

AkHolic

15. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

16. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

iris is my master
  17. Hugendugen

Hugendugen Noam Chompsky.
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Super Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
    PS & Ubers Leader

18. mtr

mtr

What the hell, I'll try this.

In.

I'll be available certain afternoons and most evenings, GMT-8.
  19. Kennen

Kennen dont you worry child

20. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a GS1 Winner

21. T-Dogg

T-Dogg

22. MarceloDK

MarceloDK

23. Iris

Iris

in for now,
  24. M Dragon

M Dragon The north wind
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Champion

25. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)