Gen 1 RoA Mini-Tourney 6: Abnormal RBY - Congratulations Crystal_!

approved by that chill guy Bloo
~RoA Mini-Tournament 6~

More than any other metagame, RBY was shaped by Normal-types. So, how does the meta fare without Tauros, Snorlax, and Chansey hanging around? This tournament will be standard RBY OU, but with all Normal-type Pokemon banned.

How to participate:
  • The RoA Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last exactly 3 days from the second the round is posted here in the RoA forum. At the end of the 3 days, I will call any unfinished matches and move to the next round, no exceptions.
  • All of the Rounds will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for when the round is over and the next round has started!
  • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, or 32 participants, no more than that or it stops being mini. First 16 are in for 16- and 24-man tourneys with the last 9 randomized for 24-man tourneys, and the first 20 are in with the last 12 being randomized for 32-man tourneys. Each sign-ups will try to achieve 32 participants, but if it isn't possible, then it will be a 16- or 24-man tourney with the first 16 that signed up in.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

RoA Mini-Tournaments Rules:
  • Battles will be played on the NetBattle simulator.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • You may switch your team each round.

Other things to note about RoA Mini-Tournaments:
  • All Rounds and tournaments will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for the start of new rounds and sign-ups.
  • Each tournament will feature a different past metagame, ranging from RBY to DPP, including any recognized tiers or metagames from these gens.
  • Keeping logs is highly recommended, and I'd like any semi-finals and finals match logs PMed to me, so we can all check out the replays after the tournament is over.
  • Because all of the mini-tourneys will take place in this thread, there won't be more than one tourney running at a time.
  • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tourney.

Hall of Fame:

• RoA Mini-Tourney 1: DPP UU - SilentVerse
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 2: ADV Ubers - undisputed
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 3: RBY OU - Kennen
  • RoA Mini-Tourney 4: DPP Ubers - HSA

Finals pairings:

Crystal_ vs Jorgen

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Tentative "in," in the event there are not enough other players. Take other people first if they sign up.

Normal/Flying would be banned. Also, looks like the first round won't end until after Thursday (seeing as it's not even up yet), so you should be fine, if you still want in~

Round 1 pairings:

M Dragon vs Omanyte
Deluks917 vs Mr.E
Kennen vs Dre89
Raseri vs Lavos Spawn
Crystal_ vs Hipmonlee
Heist vs kd24
Sir vs Jorgen
Triangles vs Golden Gyarados

Good luck, have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)