Gen 1 RoA Mini-Tourney 6: Abnormal RBY - Congratulations Crystal_!

I think coin flips are the worst possible thing to do imho. Not just because of this particular example, because I don't know what has happened between Dre and Kennen to begin with, but in general, in tournaments. If one player has been, even if only very slightly, more active than the other player, he gets the act win (which seems to be the case with M Dragon vs Omanyte for example), but if both are equally inactive and neither of them deserve the act win, both players should be DQ'd imo, and the player that had to face the winner of that matchup in the next round, is just given a bye. That's the most reasonable thing imo.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Either way somebody advances without battling. A coin flip advances somebody from a lower round, a bye advances somebody deeper in the tour. It always sucks when battles don't get done, but coin flips keep it from shaking up the more competitive rounds.

Anyway I've just VM'd Deluks to begin working out a time to do this.

Oh well. Anyway when inactivity reaches a point where it is impossible to decide which player should advance, it is very likely that the player who wins the random coinflip will be inactive in the next round as well.

So I guess ultimately it rarely matters if you coin-flip or DQ both or whatever, anyway.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
^yeah that pretty much

Although of the two battles that didn't get done I don't think Finals were the main limiting factor

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
Deluks917 fell victim to my TOTALLY LEGIT STRATEGY

Though to be fair it looked like he was using it too, I was just the first one to get it rolling :P

Anyway gg

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Kennen and I are scheduled to play tomorrow.

Edit: Two paralysis and a speed tie consecutively kill my Zam, my Starmie dies to a Thunderbolt para full para, my Golem misses a crucial Rock Slide, and my Cloyster, the Pokemon that would have 6-0'd him from that point onward, misses Blizzard and gets Exploded on. That's RBY for you. GG.

Kennen

dont you worry child
won against lavos, gg.

Two paralysis and a speed tie consecutively kill my Zam, my Starmie dies to a Thunderbolt para full para, my Golem misses a crucial Rock Slide, and my Cloyster, the Pokemon that would have 6-0'd him from that point onward, misses Blizzard and gets Exploded on. That's RBY for you. GG.
If you are using recover 3 times consecutively and I used thunderbolt is normal you got a paralysis, you Cloyster missed Blizzard and your Golem missed rock slide, whatever in the rock slide I didn't die, so that was irrelevant and you don't know my last pokemon, so you can't say it was 6-0 for you.

Gonna do coin flips right in #ruinsofalph from now on. /me pet pluffers

<&Jellicent> heads for heist, tails for crystal_
<&Jellicent> !flip
<@Jirachi> Flipped a coin, got tails.

Semi-finals pairings:

Kennen vs Jorgen
Crystal_ vs M Dragon

LGI!

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
Oh dear. Between holiday stuff and SPL I almost forgot I was even in this. I've reached out to Kennen though, hopefully we can get this done sometime within 24 hours of this post.

EDIT: Okay so it's not looking like it's going to be happening since Kennen isn't available for the next 3 days and our attempts to play tonight fell through. Requesting a little holiday grace from the strict 3-day deadline for this match to get done.

just saying this. I was on Netbattle at that time, I stayed there for hours, and he didn't show up. I didn't post anything here because I thought DL was Sunday and I was about to VM him today again when I saw this. I don't know, I feel like I'm the one who should advance because of that, but not thanks to a coin flip. I don't like the idea of advancing to a coin flip, it's stupid for me.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I see the already 8 day extension was worthwhile, going on three weeks without a single game done. In case it was not already obvious that is a record. If the games could have been done within the original, reasonable length of time this situation would not exist, would it? It is no longer on me to see this tournament through to its conclusion. I have taken every necessary step except disqualification to attempt to provide the viewers with set of final games. Unfortunately, there has been a historic display of delinquency on the part of the players of this tournament. And it is delinquency when you see that players in other big tournaments get their games done in a timely fashion. Obviously, that is an extraordinary example, but no more extraordinary than this being in its third week.
:toast:

Kennen

dont you worry child
I VMed you 2 times, but you logged off after my VMs (because you must to sleep, I guess) .. so both need a extension for the match (I guess), I can play after the 25th.

Alright, time for finals:

Crystal_ vs Jorgen

Good luck, have fun, and may the best man win. Everyone else, you may place your bets now~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)