All Gens RoA PL 2: General Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And for the final team of our power rankings, we got the correctly predicted winners of this tournament, the Pacifidlog Typhloons.

Manager: Typhlito - he posted about subs and stuff, so he was p important
Golden Gyarados - owns
KratosMana - owns
Mr.378 - owns
Cowboy Dan - owns
Bedschibaer - pretty much carried the whole team
FLCL - owns
slurmz - nice record man (better than bkc's btw)
metaphysical - owns
Fortune - owns
PDC - owns
Haruno - owns
Lord Ninjax - benched
Vileman - owns
Natural Talent - owns

There really isn't much more to say. Honestly I didn't expect our team to make it, we weren't nearly as stacked at some of the other teams and I just predicted us first for the memes but couldn't think of anything funny (as you see I still couldn't). I think we won because our players actually cared and we tried to play all of our matches at our best every week and that worked out. Thanks for the good time everyone, maybe I will see you in some other team tourneys again. Usually I don't make shoutout posts because I hate them, but take this as one because I finally am part of something winning again, so might as well.

Well, we won. gg

This was surprising af, I mean, I knew our team was good (sans me of course), but then again on paper a lot of the other teams looked much stronger, plus we had no real old gen powerhouses like they did. But yeah I'm super happy that we won, I've been watching you guys play and it's been top class on every front, while the Skype chat is always hilarious (I read it whenever I have my laptop up). You guys did great and I'd like to thank you all for carrying me to a ribbon (I technically got an activity win against dekzeh, plus helped Cowboy Dan + Slurmz with ADV Teams but that's the sum of my contribution to this win, btw shoutouts to Dan for being a beast and going 5-0 in ADV, you stall master. Hope my chats paid off a bit!)

Also my 666th post, and I can't think of a better use for it than this. #Typhloons2015

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Yeah this was really cool, at first i was a bit annoyed by how the team looked specially because typh forgot there's no midseason, but turns out he just made a team that won every single week(did that ever happen before on any tournament?). Kinda annoyed i lost a game but i guess that's rby for you, stll a rly fun tournament.

Also shoutouts to cowboy dan for being a hidden adv beast jesus christ

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Completed the Battle and Usage Data Spreadsheet

Some RoAPL conclusions (on average):
  • GSC battles require the most turns and likewise the most switches by far.
  • BW requires the least number of turns and switches, albeit number of turns is similar to DPP.
  • ADV and RBY require an equivalent number of switches, but RBY requires more turns.
  • RBY requires the least switches to turns ratio by far, with BW the lowest in the newer gens.
A couple of quick observations for each generation in the RoAPL usage stats:
  • In RBY, Jynx usage and winrate is high, while Gengar's usage and winrate is low.
  • In GSC, Machamp has a high winrate and Zapdos relatively high compared to Raikou.
  • In ADV, Blissey has a very high winrate, with Aerodactyl also having a high winrate.
  • In DPP, Clefable has a very high winrate, while Jirachi's is particularly low.
  • In BW, Starmie's usage and win rate are high, with Tyranitar's winrate being particularly low.

The RBY usage section, it has some weird values for lead %. Everything is divided by 12 for some reason.

This is a really interesting resource, thanks for putting it together!

Edit: Gengar having such a low usage/win rate is unsurprising- it's a lead that has like one good matchup lol. But then it's such a small sample size that drawing conclusions from its win rate is silly.

Interesting to see Zapdos and Bro relatively low in usage- they're beneath Jolt, Gol and Jynx, despite the fact that they're arguably more viable than them. I've never been much of a fan of Bro, but Zap's really interesting. It's extremely potent, but I find it's much more restricted in its role (lategame sweeper) which maybe limits its usage.

edit 2: I just noticed that in GSC Skarm's win rate is abysmal- what does everyone else make of this?

Last edited:

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ortheore said:
The RBY usage section, it has some weird values for lead %. Everything is divided by 12 for some reason.
Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)