OU RoA Speed CCAT 2 - Step 3: Teammates - Muk

OP stole from sandshrewz
Approved by Jellicent

Hello again! We're back with RoA Speed CCAT 3! :) It'll go the same as the previous one. For reference, the thread can be found here.

Step Summary
Step 1
: Gen & Tier Voting
Step 2: Playstyle & Starting Pokemon
Step 3: Teammates
Step 4: Teammates
Step 5: Teamamtes and final adjustments

Step 1: Gen & Tier Voting

Since SPL is almost over, Tour is running and Smogon Classic is about to start, old gens are a hot topic! Maybe in this CCAT will be find some hidden jewels that would make a splash in tournament playing, so let's start!

Vote for the metagame you want for this CCAT :) Do not vote for any non-RoA metagame aka ORAS, even though is obvious. This step lasts ~48 hours :)

Last edited:
Step 2: Playstyle & Starting Pokemon

Ok, so with 10 votes GSC OU is the one we're gonna build for!

Here's how Step 2 is going to work~

1. You may submit 1 Pokemon or a core of 2 Pokemon with their set(s).
  2. Choose a playstyle that goes along with the Pokemon you have submitted.
Things to note~!

• The Pokemon you submit do not have to be in the lead position~ (but do indicate if it should be used as a dedicated lead)
  • You should submit either underrated or uncommon sets as long as they're not gimmicky.
  • You're highly encouraged to discuss sets posted ^_^
  • Sprites will be visually helpful! :)
This will last ~48 hours as well! Example post found here :)

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
- Frustration
- Curse
- Substitute
- Roar

We all know the theorymoning about Kang being the only thing that can beat common curse counters with the combination of sub, roar and curse. (Sub to block charm/growl from umbreon/miltank, curse+roar to underspeed phazers and prevent them from phazing you out). I've seen people talk about it, i've tried building with or around it and it always turned out mediocre, so hey, might as well suggest it for this ccat. Things this mon would like: Spikes to abuse curse roar, a pursuiter to remove ghosts, one or more things that capitalize on common normal resists. Frustration might also be replaced with double edge.

Lavos

Banned deucer.

Muk @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Muk is another example of something that most people agree has a lot of potential, but is hard to use in practice due to difficultly switching in and the prevalence of checks such as Tyranitar. However, with Spikes+Roar support and a reliable answer to Rock/Grounds, it can become a terrifying midgame threat and create easy momentum with its Steel coverage, ability to spread status, and constant threat of a boosted Explosion. Nothing wants to switch into Muk, and that's what makes it so scary. I would imagine it pairs well with stuff like Raikou, Vaporeon, and Forretress. And I'm very curious to see if it can function in a competitive environment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)