ORAS OU Rock Polish Diancie Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm sort of a noob at this lol. I tried to make a mega diancie rock polish team with a core I saw on another website. I'm also somewhat bad at teambuilding, so I would greatly appreciate some constructive criticism. BTW, this has helped reach me to 1400 (I know, not very high :P)

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Here is the pokemon I built this team around, Rock-Polish Mega Diancie. I have a hard time setting up on a few things in the tier, mainly Landorus-T, Scizor, Greninja, and Azumarill. Though, after those things have been killed, and I set up a rock polish, I can usually sweep late game. Moonblast and Earth Power for stab and coverage respectively, and diamond storm to hit random flying stuff.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is the second part of the core. This thing can switch in on Ferrothorn, Scizor, Azumarill, and Greninja after it has killed something, and then fire off a hidden power fire or a volt switch to get out. Pretty typical set, I prefer scarf over specs because the speed better suits the way this team is played.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake

Here is the third and final part of my core, Dragonite. This, along with Diancie, can sweep late-game. This is the pretty standard Dragonite set, nothing to much to say. Extreme speed to pick off weakened threats, EQ for Heatran, and Outrage for huge stab. I put a bit of hp Ev's so I can live a life orb greninja's ice beam from full, though if someone could help make the spread a little bit better, that would be great.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

My team needed a wall who could repeatedly switch in against common threats, so I picked Ferrothorn. Ferrthorn is the wall of the team, it gets a free switch when Landorus T is out, and leech seed/stealth rocks support is nice. I run power whip over protect on this set because I like the extra coverage and I feel like people who run leech seed/protect are lame. I don't know a good spread for this, so if someone could help me out, that would be great.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is a bit of a gimmicky mon, but I love using scarfed gengar. Nobody really expects it, and it can catch some people of guard, leading me to a victory. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave for stab, Focus Blast for bulky steels and the like, and I run hidden power ice so I can kill opposing Scarfed Landorus-T after stealth rocks damage I think.(I didn't calc it but I presume that is right)

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

I picked assault vest Azumarill as my final mon, because I wanted to have a nice water stab, and another tank for special moves. This is another typical set, knock off for the many mons that switch in on azumaril, waterfall and play rough for nice stabs, and aqua jet for priority. I run a few speed EV's to speed creep other azumarills and base 50's. The rest is in attack and hp. Again, I probably need a better EV spread, so if you know of a better one, suggest it please.

Thank you for reading my first RMT. I appreciate any constructive criticism and suggestions.

-AgentAnteater

(here goes nothing)

You have two scarfers. I'd advise running Mag as a Specs set, punchy Mag is far better at screwing threats than speedy Mag imo, speedy Mag just doesn't hit some things hard enough and leave you taking unnecessary damage.
Dragonite might not be best for this team, especially given that you have no hazard support or recovery, you lose your Scale upon entry. I'd suggest switching Dragonite for Latios. He provides hazard support and some very helpful wall-breaking action with his habit of dropping Draco nukes all over the place. In an idea world, Diancie would be your late-game cleaner anyway so you need an effective hole-puncher to help her do that. Shit, you can run plenty of sets on Latios actually; hazard support isn't vital unless you hate Sticky Web since nothing you have is really weak to Rocks, you could run all-out offence, or Memento support to help set Diancie up, with her shit pre-Mega speed it really is helpful to create a scenario where Diancie can go in and boost up unhindered.
What's more, I'd suggest running Trick on your Gengar in place of something else, probably Sludge Wave since you already have Mag and Ferro for Fairy removal and Trick can tell stall to go fuck itself.
Lastly, I have a spread for Ferro I'll leave in the drop bar. It's a specially defensive set, it basically means you can switch in and tank a Focus Blast from Mega Gardevoir and OHKO back with Gyro Ball. It's a lot more effective.
Hope this helped.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog / Memento

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)