Walrus RODAN's epic walrus (for gamers) - Won by asek

RODAN

Banned deucer.
approved by the Walrus Man

--

The gist of a walrus be, I give you categories, you submit songs that fit said categories and then i reveal them whenever i can.

U know what it is

http://www.last.fm/user/CoconutStorm - My Last.FM for reference.

About Me: I love music, I love most every type of music. I make it my goal to go out and dig in to genres that i don't really listen to and try to gain an appreciation for it. THAT SAID I do have a couple of dislikes.
#1 Screamy Vocals, doesn't appeal to me at all no matter how hard I try - Opeth is OK though.
#2 Instrumentals - I don't actually hate these but I highly prefer songs with vocals and my ratings will skew that way.
Thats about it actually, everything else is fair game
I'm doing a basic 10 point score, no gay bonus points. 1-10 only.

-

8 CATEGORIES BELOW

I LISTEN TO EVERYTHING EXCEPT COUNTRY...
this category is self explanatory IMO, submit your best country jams. a real barn burner.
examples:
Sturgill Simpson - All Around You
Munly & The Lee Lewis Harlots - Big Black Bull Comes In Like A Caesar
...AND RAP
the rap category, this is quite possibly my favourite genre and so you better bring your best tracks
examples:
Danny Brown - Pneumonia
Kanye West - Runaway
THE DAMN GOOK CATEGORY
Songs from Asian artists, does not have to be in a foreign language. The artist just has to be of Asian Descent. Indian does not count.
examples:
Wonder Girls - I Feel You
Chara - Yellow Balloon
RODAN IS FAT
Songs that make reference to food or drink at some point. It can be metaphorical
examples:
MF Doom - Kon Karne
Fiona Apple - Slow Like Honey
MY HIGHSCHOOL YEARS
Songs released from 2009-2013. Preferably pop jams, but i'm willing to be surprised.
examples:
Iyaz - Replay
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
THE SNORLAX CATEGORY
Slow and dreamlike songs, I love a good chill track that can transport you to another world.
examples:
Daft Punk - The Game of Love
Komm Susser Tod
WHATS COOLER THAN BEING COOL?
Songs about the cold, metaphorical or literal. This covers Snow, Ice etc.
examples:
Lights - February Air
Harvey Danger - Cold Snap
P.B., PRE-BEATLES
Any song released before 1964.
examples:
Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love
Frank Sinatra - Fly Me To The Moon
Deadline for submissions will be on JUNE 25th (Willing to extend it a couple of days if needed though)

Signups (Bold means submitted):
Myzozoa
Asek
Walrein

Oddish.
Steven Snype
KnightsOfCydonia
Martin
LightWolf
Shubaka17
Lord Gaius
zorbees
Blazade
Yetl
DaLetterEl
vonFiedler

sam-testings
Texas Cloverleaf

Last edited:

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 16th earning 2 points: LightWolf

Animaniacs - States and Capitals Song

Listen ok, this song is not appealing at all, and was clearly obviously a meme submission for someone who has 0 knowledge on country music. But even then its still not entertaining or interesting. Not nostalgic for me either cos Animaniacs didn’t air in Canada when I was a young boy.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 15th earning 3.5 points: Myzozoa

The Pixies - Silver

I like the Pixies a lot actually, but this song is barely even a song. To me it just sounds like jumbled western noise. I really wish I could rate this higher because I appreciate the song a lot. But I simply do not like it at all. Sad!

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 14th earning 4 points: Steven Snype

Luke Bryan - Rain is a Good Thing

I generally do not like bro-country, and this song sort of epitomizes why. It just feels so disingenuous. Also the chorus is insanely goofy but not in a way that I groove with.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 13th earning 4.2 points: gamer boy

Ricky Skaggs - Country Boy

The vocals are so so so so so so so so insanely bad. This gets a 4.2 solely for the extremely epic banjo playing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)