Roleplay Gaming Thread - New Oneshot In August

I could play a Mankey researcher or that failing, anything.

Thursday is difficult for me, the only time I could play then would be uncertainly between 6 and 9 PM GMT+3 and reliably between 10 and 12PM. Friday I could make the CoT timeslot but cannot make Saturdays before October.

My availability is so uncertain that you really should get so many players that me not playing wouldn't prevent the game from happening.

I could play a Mankey researcher or that failing, anything.

Thursday is difficult for me, the only time I could play then would be uncertainly between 6 and 9 PM GMT+3 and reliably between 10 and 12PM. Friday I could make the CoT timeslot but cannot make Saturdays before October.

My availability is so uncertain that you really should get so many players that me not playing wouldn't prevent the game from happening.
I only need three people and I work the other days

Old thread but this post is relevant.

I've been wanting to host a GURPS oneshot for a while now. An oneshot is the best way to play GURPS to its strength of versatility. We've been discussing what genre to run and so far, the winning choice is Lovecraftian steampunk horror.

The oneshot would be hosted in summer, either June or July depending how long preparation will take. Either premade characters or I'll stat a custom character based on your describing what kind of character concept you have using plain English description without any knowledge of GURPS character building. There is room for every player who wants to get in and survives both the wait and the char creation interviews. The character creation process takes around up to 3 hours. The game will be 2-10h long and will be split into sessions as needed. The game's focus on the narrative-combat axis depends on player feedback, preference and how'll the story will develop. I haven't started any planning yet. I will wing many rulings in the game but since you don't know the system well enough to realize it you won't notice it and this sentence is in white to prevent you from ever becoming aware of it.
Here are the lite rules for GURPS. Understanding the character creation process is not needed and in the interview you shouldn't think based on the GURPS rules at all but rather instead describe your concept and desires in plain English. Experience has proven that other approaches lead to not fun.

Character creation interviews can start whenever you feel like it. You commit to playing the game if you complete the character creation process and still feel like playing.

Genre can be changed. If you profusely dislike the genre picked, post here offering a cooler/more functional alternative.

Characters ready=players committed into the game:
((need 2-7+ players)

Signing up for the Lovecraftian steampunk horror and contacting Agape for char creation now.

EDIT: character concept is: a Spark.

((Also looking for a sub in Frostbound World))

Last edited:
AG's sheet is over halfway done (difficult special abilities statted out). I will not be online for next week but the week after that I'll start working hard on the GURPS oneshot. Expect me to throw character sheets at you if you even if you haven't been that active in character brainstorming. Now's the last chance to profoundly affect/rethink character concepts. Throw ideas at me and I'll incorporate or debunk them. If you intend to play but haven't bothered to do anything for your character, send me a concept in 1.5 weeks to make me motivated to include you in the game.

^Very harsh words.

Just a heads up in regards to the GURPS game:

I've been sick for two weeks and haven't done much work on the game but it's still going to happen eventually. You'll get premade characters, with the ideas discussed over IRC being incorporated into the character. The setting will be alternate timeline Victorian Liverpool with physical barriers between social classes.

Players who have signed up and shown continued interest: (If you want to drop out or get into the list, tell me so I can make additional premades or not do your character.)
- Aura Guardian *in progress*
- vonFiedler *done*
- General Spoon *done*
- Lightwolf *done*

Last edited:
whee 5x combo in this thread as well

In 2 weeks, between 3rd and 6th August I'll host Serpents Rise, a special PFS scenario. It is perhaps the best oneshot Paizo has ever published. Even if you don't normally play PFS I'd suggest joining it, and not get a chronicle. You play as premade level 7 Aspis Consortium agents with custom backstories, goals and roles in the scenario. Your objective is to deliver an unexpected terror strike at one of the most wealthy and protected sites of Absalom - The Grand Lodge, steal a vital artifact that the Society has and deliver it to the next party in the smuggling chain. This is a rare opportunity to play evil characters.

Years of political maneuvering, espionage, smuggling, and diplomacy have set the stage for the Aspis Consortium’s most ambitious attack on their Inner Sea rivals: the Pathfinder Society. All that remains are several key preparations that only an elite team of Aspis agents can arrange, and once the fireworks begin, these same agents must strike quickly and mercilessly to secure objectives—some shared and some connected to deeper plots—and escape without the Society being any the wiser.
While this scenario is designed for up to 6 players, I'd rather have two tables of 3-4 players, because it makes for a better experience and I get more special tables under my belt.

I'm available to host this on Monday thru Thursday, starting on 3rd August. Express interest here and we'll work things out schedule-wise.

Interested:
- Ullar
- Temperantia
- Generalspoon
- vonFiedler
- dumptruckman
- Lightwolf
- Gale
-

Last edited:
Let's start scheduling already.

It seems that wednesday 6-10/11 PM EDT = 1-5/6 AM GMT+3 would be an ideal time for one table. How about monday for the other? I'm flexible with the days but a mon/wed combo would be the best for me.

SIGN-UPS ARE STILL OPEN! With the current amout of signups there will be one table of 3 and one table of 4 players. Please don't drop out, as if anyone drops out from the 3-player table, it will be cancelled. I'll tentatively put the first table down as 4 slots and the second as 3 slots. That's flexible, as is the starting time of the first table. Instead of postponing the start after 1am GMT+3, the late players will be later, except in the case of the 3-player table which will be cancelled if players show up late.

Table 1
Tuesday the 4th August, starting at 5PM EDT = midnight GMT+3, game duration 4-5h
Players:
- vonFiedler
- Lightwolf
- Gale
- Ullar

Table 2
Wednesday the 5th August, starting 6PM EDT = 1AM GMT+3, game duration ~4h
- Temperantia
- Generalspoon
- dumptruckman
- ginganinja

I will create a convo later when scheduling is done, that'll have the table link and the pregens.

Last edited:
also I will shuffle players around the tables unless you say you only can make one day

if you can't make either days then I'll move one of the tables to another day, most probably tuesday though thursday is possible as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)