Not open for further replies.
Rules:
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery/5 Chills

No Items/ All Abilities
Switch=KO

Arena!:
The stage Final Destination from Super Smash Bros. If you never played the game (what?), it's basically a giant metal platform suspended by magic over the god damn Twilight Zone. If you fall off, you lose the rest of the actions for that round. You lose the actions you had specified, but you can't be damaged (You're invulnerable on the panel).​

Resrictions:
None, fight like champions.

Play Order:
1.Rolf sends out his first Pokemon.
2.Axaj sends out his first Pokemon, issuing actions.
3.Your beautiful and strong ref, Orkonaut will ref.
4.Axaj will issue his pokemon's actions.
5.Rolf will issue his pokemon's actions.

Ya dig?

Rolf, Choose your character!

Fusxfaranto

gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime
Alright, I send out my Syclar, White Album! Start off with your signature Blizzard and then use a Tail Glow because everyone knows that the more your tail glows, the stronger your blizzards blow. Finish off with, you guessed it, another Blizzard.

Silly little buggy.

Hidden Power [fire 6] the little guy with your Technician boost. Next, whack it with a Tail Slap/Sweep Slap, again using Technician to boost it! Finish with another nasty little Hidden Power, boosted by your skillful hands and mind!

*Final Destination music playing*
Oh hey everybody! Orko here, reffing this fight between two titans. Let's start!

Axaj is rearing to go, and tosses out White Album, the Syclar!

(*)Syclar [White Album] (Male)
Nature:

Type:
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon.
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: ***
Def: **
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: * (-)
Spe: 91

EC: 4/6
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Mountaineer: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to scaling and avoiding rocks. It can avoid damage from Stealth Rock when it switches in, and one Rock-type attack per round.
Technician (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Attacks:
Leer (*)
Leech Life (*)
Scratch (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Ice Shard (*)
Slash (*)
Bug Bite (*)
Icicle Spear (*)
Bug Buzz

Earth Power (*)
Tail Glow (*)
Silver Wind (*)

Blizzard (*)
Hidden Power [Electric, 6 BP, 4 Energy] (*)
Dig (*)

Rolf, no slouch in any respect, sends out Rolf, the Mincinno!

Minccino [Rolf] (Male)
Nature: Naughty (Attack is increased by *, Special Defense is decreased by *)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Minccino
HP: 90
Atk: ***(+)
SpA: **
SpD: *(-)
Spe: 75

Abilities:
Cute Charm: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Technician : (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Skill Link (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s skillfull aim makes its multi-hit moves always hit 5 times. The Energy Cost of multi-hit attacks is increased by three (3).

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Moves:
Pound
Growl
Helping Hand
Tickle
DoubleSlap
Encore
Swift
Sing
Tail Slap

Aqua Tail
Endure
Fake Tears

Work Up
U-turn
Hidden Power [Fire 6]

An intense staring match happens, both opponents sizing each other up. As they drop off the invulnerability panel, White Album uses his speed advantage to fire off a Blizzard. It hits the mighty mouse for a decent amount of damage, and Rolf is not happy about it. Mustering up the Hidden Power inside him, Rolf smashes the cool bug. White Album is enraged! He's positively glowing! Or, his tail is anyway!

Rolf sees his opportunity to get close and takes it. He rushes in on the little bug, giving him a nice Sweep Slap. It hits the little guy! And again! The Syclar reels back and fires a retaliatory Blizzard at the rodent. He's as cold as ice, but Rolf is willing to sacrifice, and hits home with another Hidden Power! Both pokemon are looking confident they can keep up the fight. But can the Syclar take another beating like this one?

--------------------------------

Blizzard- 19 DMG, -7 Energy
Hidden Power (Fire)(6)- 24 Damage, -4 Energy
Tail Glow- -9 Energy
Sweep Slap, (2 hits)- 13 DMG, -5 Energy
Blizzard- 24 DMG, -7 Energy
Hidden Power (Fire)(6)- 24 Damage, -4 Energy

White Album
Health: 29
Energy:77%
Boosts: +3 SpA
Other: Starting to look worn down.

Rolf
Health: 47
Energy: 87%
Boosts: None
Other: Feeling Confident

Situation:
Both Pokemon are near the center of the arena.
--------------------------------

Axaj, your up!

Fusxfaranto

Don't believe in yourself White Album, believe in me who believes in you! It looks like the best we can get out of this is to do some damage on your way out, so use Blizzard three times.

K rolfy let's try something tricky here. After he hits you with that first blizzard, get right near it and use hidden power, then combo into a Swift attack before he can summon another giant blizzard! If he's not fainted for some reason, finish with another hidden power.

White Album
Health: 29
Energy:77%
Boosts: +3 SpA
Other: Starting to look worn down.

Rolf
Health: 47
Energy: 87%
Other: Feeling Confident

------------------------------

Round 2, begin!

White Album stirs. The last round really took a toll on the little bugger, but he isn't out yet. Facing his opponent, he fires off a Blizzard! It connects with the sly little mouse. Rolf turns, his opponent is strong, but he knows with another Hidden Power, he can break him. It connects solid, clearly paining the little diamond in the rough.

What's this?! The mouse looks determined! He's clearly powering up for something! White Album sees this, he won't be denied. White Album uses his speed to fire off a Blizzard! But it seems Rolf has already started his Swift!
A loud explosion occurs as both waves of energy collide! The arena is flooded with smoke, I'm afraid I can't....

I can't see whos...

What is this?! It seems both Pokemon have fainted? That's right! It's a

DOUBLE KO!

White Album
Health: KO
Energy:X
Boosts: X
Other: Fried bug.

Rolf
Health: KO
Energy: X
Boosts: X
Other: Mousesicle

Although White Album's attack was faster, it seems Rolf had his combo in mind prior to the assault! The result was that White Album's connected, but only part of Rolf's did! But in his weakened state, the little bug was still down for the count!*

*Btw, I am completely willing to rewrite this if this is not okay with you guys. I thought it'd be neat.

Both pokemon get KO counters, and Axaj will send first. Followed by Rolf, and commands. Then Ajax's commands.

Fusxfaranto

Well, it looks like we're back at where we started. I send out my Porygon, Red Hot Chili Pepper.

Hiya Porygon!

I send out Marcia the Venonat!

Start off with a Compoundeyes Sleep Powder, then add to Porygon's pain with a PoisonPowder. Finish by creating an 18 HP Substitute to scout out some moves when he wakes up.

Fusxfaranto

Don't worry Chili, we have this under control. Cover yourself in a Magic Coat and bounce that powder right back at her, then hit her with that delicious Tri-Attack, followed by an Ice Beam. If she is somehow still awake after the Magic Coat, use it again, then a Tri-Attack.

Magic Coat --> Tri-Attack --> Ice Beam
|
fail to sleep --> Magic Coat --> Tri-Attack

Okay everybody! Last round was absolutely awesome! I've never seen anything like it! Both trainers seem determined to reset the momentum of this match in their favor, and I know I'm anxious to see the next round!

Axaj starts out, by tossing out his excellently named...

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Nature: Modest

Type:
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: ** (-)
Def: ***
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: ***
Spe: 40

EC: 0/9

Abilities:

Download: (Innate) At the beginning of the match, the Pokemon analyzes the opponent and downloads data that lets it deal more damage. This Pokemon receives a one (1) stage increase on the offense that strikes an opponent’s weaker defense stat. (e.g. does more damage with special attacks when facing Aggron, which has higher defense, and attack when facing Hypno, which has higher special defense. For ties, Attack is raised.) This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Trace: (Can be Activated)This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Analytic (DW): (Can be Enabled) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Attacks:
Conversion 2
Tackle
Sharpen
Conversion
Agility
Psybeam
Recover
Magnet Rise
Tri Attack
Signal Beam
Magic Coat

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psyshock

...This digital dynamo is rearin to go! I mean, just look at that sprite! Not to be outdone, Rolf answers with his own little buddy...

Marcia
Nature: Modest

Type:
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Venonat
HP: 100
Atk: * (-)
SpA: *** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 45

EC: 0/6

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Tinted Lens: (Innate) When this Pokemon uses an attack that is normally not very effective, that attack is calculated at the next highest resisrance modifier. (e.g. 4x resistance is calculated at 2x, 2x resistance becomes neutral).
Run Away (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Attacks:
Tackle
Disable
Foresight
Supersonic
Confusion
PoisonPowder
Leech Life
Stun Spore
Psybeam
Sleep Powder

Agility
Morning Sun
Signal Beam

Venom Shock
Struggle Bug
Substitute

...the bug with all the answer, and even a song named after it! Or... close enough! Both pokemon come out of the gate ready to go! The little Marcia moves over to the pixelated poke and fires off a Sleep Powder! But wait! RHCP saw it coming. He covers himself in a Magic Coat, bouncing the powder right back in Marcia's compound eyes! Lucky for her, it seems to be a Light Sleep (1 turn).

RHCP wastes no time! Gathering up the energy he can, he fires of a Tri Attack! It hits Marcia, knocking the little bug back a bit. She stirs, shaking awake from the sleep, and sees the once famous rock band bearing down on her. Fearing the fight, she summons a Substitute! Just in time too, as RHCP fires off a readied Ice Beam! It damages, but just cant break the sub. Marcia sniggers a little bit. I mean, I think. Can bugs snigger?
------------------------
SleepPowder- -7 Energy, Light Sleep
Magic Coat- -10 Energy
Tri Attack- 14 Damage, -5 Energy
Substitute- 18 Damage to Self, -15 Energy
Ice Beam- -13 Damage, -7 Energy

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Health: 100
Energy: 78
Other: Around the World

Marcia
Health: 73
Other: Weakened Substitute

Situation:
Everything's A-OK

------------------------

Rolf, bring the heat!

Okay good job Marcia I guess.

Start with a poisonpowder while your sub is up. If he tries to magic coat it, disable magic coat on your next move, and finish with a sleep powder.

If poisonpowder hits, use sleep powder. If he magic coats THAT, Disable it, otherwise attack with Venom Shock.

Fusxfaranto

Uh-oh, this does not look good. Well, take that Poisonpowder like a man and hit that substitute with a Tri-Attack. Put up another Magic Coat to block that Sleep Powder, then hit him with a super-effective Psystrike (why didn't I use this before) I MEAN PSYSHOCK DERP

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Health: 100
Other: Around the World

Marcia
Health: 73
Other: Weakened Substitute

Situation:
Everything's A-OK

This Modest matchup continues, on this, the best stage in all of Super Smash-dom! The clouds whip past, and both combatants are ready to make mincemeat of their modest menace.

Marcia starts off, puking poison out of her mouth. Very Lady-like, if you ask me. RHCP doesn't try to stop it, and fires a tactical Tri Attack right into Marcia! Or... the tiny teddy bear that Marcia is holding.

The toy breaks into a thousand peices, but Marcia doesn't even mind. Not wasting any time, Marcia fires another batch of Sleep Powder at the modest machination, but RHCP has seen this trick before, and bounces right back with his technicol... I mean Magic Coat! That must be one sleepy Venonat, because it seems to be in a Moderate Sleep (2 actions). RHCP feels some sympathy, in the form of toxins.

Oh, Marcia, if only your sleeping visage was as pretty as your name. Maybe RHCP wouldn't have to fire a ridiculously painful Psycho Shock right into your Compundeyes! Porygon's insides burn with the poisons ... Can a computer program burn?

Let's look at those stats
-----------------------------------
PoisonPowder, -6 Energy
Tri Attack, (8 Base Damage+ 3 STAB+ 3 Stat Difference) 14 DMG, -6 Energy
Sleep Powder, -6 Energy
Magic Coat, -10 Energy
2 Poison Damage
Psycho Shock, ((8 Base Damage+3 Stat Difference)*1.5 Effectiveness) 16 DMG, -6 Energy
2 Poison Damage

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Health: 96
Energy: 55%
Other: Poison

Marcia
Health: 51
Energy: 66%
Other: Touring with Santana

Situation:
There is no point to this line

Axaj, your turn.

Fusxfaranto

Alright, I think we've got this now. Hit 'er with that good ol' Tri-Attack, another super effective Psyshock, and another Tri-Attack.

Umm uggh why did I think my sub would hold.

Anyways - Create a 18 hp substitute, then use Struggle bug to kill this things firepower a bit.

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Health: 96
Energy: 55%

Marcia
Health: 51
Energy: 66%
Other: Touring with Santana

Situation:
There is no point to this line

---------------------------------

And so continues the saga!

Looking at the arena, we notice Marcia is taking a little beauty nap. Isn't she cute? She'd be cuter if she wasn't about to get brutalized! RHCP wastes no time watching her sleep and fires a tri attack right into her! The poison doesn't really seem to be effecting him all that much.

She felt that! Tired of resting, Marcia pops awake! Her body feels a lot more sore now, looks like she's electing to Substitute. She's getting low on Health, I hope she knows what she's doing! Oh! But look at RHCP! He's barely even noticing the little toy! Looks like he buried a Psycho Shock right into the heart of that little stuffed wonder. He winces, that poison is worse than he thought first turn.

Wow! I guess that thing is sturider than I thought! It holds together, but it looks like Marcia is shivering. No, wait, she's flailing about, being one struggling little bug. She whaps him for small damage. RHCP is laughing! That attack was so ridiculous! But wait... the attack algorithms in his head are running wrong! He fires a Tri Attack, but it doesn't feel quite as strong as the last few. Is still manages to make confetti of the teddy bear. Maybe it's the poison wearing him down!

The two are facing off, RHCP is looking pretty strong health wise, but if he keeps on firing attacks off, he's going to run out of steam. On the other hand, Marcia seems pretty worn down.

What do those stats look like?

Tri Attack (8 BP+3 STAB+3 Stat Difference) 14 DMG, -7 Energy
2 Poison
Substitute (18), -18 Health, -15 Energy
Psycho Shock, ((8 BP+ 3 STAB) *1.5 Effectiveness)) 16 DMG, -6 Energy
2 Poison
Struggle Bug (4 BP+ 3 STAB) 7DMG, -2 Energy
Tri Attack (8 BP+ 3 STAB+ 1.5 (round up) Stat Difference) 13 DMG, -7 Energy

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Health: 85
Energy: 36%
Boosts: -1 SpA

Marcia
Health: 19
Energy: 47%
Other: Just a little shutter bug.

Rolf, when you please.

Morning sun please :) let's get some health back! Go with another struggle bug after that, then use a venom shock!

Fusxfaranto

Hmm. Start off with a Chill, to get some energy back. Use Agility to dodge that struggling bug, and then Tri-Attack that Substitute.

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Health: 85
Energy: 36%
Boosts: -1 SpA

Marcia
Health: 19
Energy: 47%
Other: Just a little shutter bug.

-------------------------------------

And so it ends... Err.. begins. This round begins.

The opponent star each other down! This is so intense! Both waiting to make a move! Or.. not. Porygon relaxes, letting some of its Energy restore itself, while Marcia looks up at the Morning Sun to regain some health. Both pokemon take well deserved breather. Good show, good show.

It looks like they're ready to being again, just as the stage pulls back into the twilight zone! Marcia uses her bugly wiles to start a struggle, but Porygon is moving around her! What Agility! He's looking faster than he has the whole match.

Fast enough to move first, even! His trainer excitedly yells! "Hit that Substitute!". Oh no! Porygon's computer is confused! He can't locate the Substitute, and Marcia notices the little Porygon's confusion! She starts raining venom down on the program, shocking the code into attacking! Defense Protocol activate! Sadly, RHCP fires a misguided Tri Attack! Only a portion of it hits Marcia! You think such a famous band would be use to acid by now! *

*I've gotten a lot lazier. Sorry

Morning Sun: +25 Health, -16 Energy
Chill: +12 Energy
2 Poison
Struggle Bug: Avoided, -2 Energy
Agility: +2 Speed, -7 Energy
2 Poison
Tri Attack: ((8 BP+ 3 STAB+3 STAB)/ .5)) 7 DMG, -6 Energy
Venom Shock ((7 BP*2 Poison Modifier) +3 STAB) 17 Damage, -8 Energy
2 Poison

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Health: 62
Energy: 35%
Boosts: +2 Speed

Marcia
Health: 27
Energy: 21%
Other: Damn! Venom Shock did a lot!

Axaj, go.

Fusxfaranto

Alright, Psyshock, Tri-Attack, and Psyshock. If she tries to use a non-damaging move on you, substitute that action with Magic Coat.

Two can play this game.

Start with an Agility to try and dodge the objects that are being hucked at you with the Psyshock! Next, chill and take that Tri-Attack, then finish by drinking in more Morning Sun!

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Health: 62
Energy: 35%
Boosts: +2 Speed

Marcia
Health: 27
Energy: 21%
Other: Damn! Venom Shock did a lot!

Whatever. Next round.

RHCP flexes his newfound speed, threatening Venonat with a psycho shock! Turns out Rolf knows how to wavedash, too. Guess it's common knowledge since it's been this long since the game came out. It gives Venonat an agility boost too! He nimbly dodges the boulders and rocks.

And now she's faster! She decides to chill, gaining precious energy. Energy seems to be a big deal in these later stages. Porygon fires off a Tri Attack at the Venonat, reminding him that they need to fight!

But Marcia doesn't seem to mind, and soaks in more Morning Sun! He's really giving these last phases all it's worth! RHCP does not seem very happy about his opponent shrugging him off! His Psycho Shock will fix that!

Also poison damage in there. It's hard to creatively portray poison after a while.

Psycho Shock: Avoided, -6 Energy
Agility: +2 Speed, -7 Energy
2 Poison
Chill: +12 Energy
Tri Attack (8 BP+3 STAB+3 Stat Difference) 14 DMG, -7 Energy
2 Poison
Morning Sun: +25 Health, -16 Energy
Psycho Shock, ((8 BP+ 3 STAB) *1.5 Effectiveness)) 16 DMG, -6 Energy
2 Poison

Red Hot Chili Pepper
Health: 56
Energy: 16%

Marcia
Health: 22
Energy: 17%
Other: Quick little bug.

Way to go!

Start off by making a 17 HP Substitute, then chill behind it. Finish the round with a little Struggle Bug!

(Note - shouldn't Porygon be at 16 energy now? 35-6-6-7 = 35-19 = 16. Thanks :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)