Rolf vs. Wikey (Ref: TotalPotato) ~ COMPLETE

Status
Not open for further replies.
No talking until the battle is over, please, audience! Well, it's over now, so talk as much as you'd like!

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Arena: A simple pokemon battle arena like the ones seen In the anime, made of clay so diggable and such. No water or special circumstances. This is my first battle so I want to keep it simple :)
A reminder of the order of play, in case you weren't sure:
Rolf will send out a Pokémon first.
Wikey will then send out, and order actions for the round.
Then Rolf gives commands for the round.
I ref, order switches, and the battle continues until a victor emerges!

Good luck to you both! May this battle be a great one!

Good luck, let's have a fun one.

(Posting so that there will be a reply symbol on the thread to make it easier to find. :P )

Alright, let's go, Keasbey.

Start this match off with a Sunny Day. Then go right after him with a Flame Wheel. Finish the round off with a Howl.

Okay, why I chose Boyd for this match I'm not sure. But it's okay! Lets make the best of this terrible situation.

Boyd, start off with a Thunder Wave to slow this guy down and hope for some paralysis until we can get you out of here. After that, spread some Leech Seed around Keasbey to try and regain back some lost ground while he hits you with a Flame Wheel and takes a quarter of the damage he deals due to your ability. End by using Payback to add some more hurt.

Thunder Wave -> Leech Seed -> Payback

EDIT: My bad, still some quirks I haven't figured out I guess...

Thanks for changing your orders, Rolf!

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Arena: A simple pokemon battle arena like the ones seen In the anime, made of clay so diggable and such. No water or special circumstances. This is my first battle so I want to keep it simple :)

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)
Ability: Steel Thorns
Nature: Careful
Max HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: ***
SpA: *(-1)
SpD: ****(+)
Spe: 10

Health: 90
Energy: 100%
Boosts: -1 Atk
Other: None

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)
Abilities: Flash Fire, Intimidate
Nature: Naive
HP: 90
Atk: ***
Def: **
SpA: ***
SpD: *(-)
Spe: 69(+)

Boosts: None

Round 1: Start!

Ah, the classic battle arena. No messing around here - it looks like this match will be decided by virtue of pure battling ability. It's a bad matchup for Boyd, made even worse when Keasbey roars loudly upon spotting his opponent. Heck, I'd be shaken by a roar like that, and Boyd looks a little cowed - his physical attacks will be weakened for the duration of the battle.

It's a common horror staple to have a creature howl at the moon, but Keasbey seems to be howling at the sun, making it shine all the brighter with Sunny Day. Meanwhile, Boyd crackles with electrical energy, before diffusing it at Keasbey's direction. The Thunder Wave stiffens Keasbey's muscles, slowing him right down.

He's still faster than Boyd, though, and starts running towards his opponent... wait, what's this? Keasbey's muscles have locked completely, making him unable to move! Boyd takes this chance to shoot a Leech Seed at his hapless foe, which hits it mark, sticks in Keasbey's fur, and immediately sprouts vines at an alarming rate, which wrap around Keasbey's body.

Boyd slowly rolls towards Keasbey unhindered. Keasbey should be doing something, but he's just not moving! It seems total paralysis has struck again! As Boyd rolls, he glows a faint purple, and slams right into Keasbey. It's not really Payback for anything since Keasbey hasn't attacked yet, but damage is damage, right? Boyd rolls back the way he came, putting some distance between him and his opponent.

Round 1: End!

The battlers are about 5 metres apart; maybe a bit more.

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Energy: 78%

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 80
Energy: 91%
Other: Leech Seeded (4 more actions), Paralysed (20% chance of full paralysis)

Rolf, owner of the luckiest Ferroseed alive, has the first move!

Okay Boyd, you've done well (at rng hax?)

I'd like you to use claw sharpen to restore your attack to normal levels. After, use Payback twice. You can do this!

I though you said round 2, not two rounds. My bad again.

Not much you can do about that, Keasbey. Just hang in there.

Lets start off with a Flame Wheel. Try and actually land it this time, okay? Once that is done lay some Ember all around you so that if Boyd wants to hit you he'll have to roll through that. Finally, finish off with another Flame Wheel.

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Energy: 78%

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 80
Energy: 91%
Other: Leech Seeded (4 more actions), Paralysed (20% chance of full paralysis)

Round 2: Start!

The round start with Keasbey taking a tentative step towards Boyd. Then another. Then another. Satisfied, Keasbey's whole body spins, transforming into a Flame Wheel, the heat being given off made even more intense by the sunny conditions. He slams right into Boyd, causing major damage and sending him hurtling back - but as Keasbey reappears from the flames, it's clear that Boyd's spiky body did a number on him, too. Boyd rolls back up, and uses... Hone Claws? I don't see any claws anywhere! Ah, it looks like he's making his spikes pointer. I guess that makes sense.

Keasbey inhales, then spits out a stream of flame pellets in an Ember attack. As he does so, he sweeps the attack from left to right and back again repeatedly, and although this means that only about half of the attack hits Boyd, it does mean that Boyd can't find a way through to retaliate.

As the Ember ends, Keasbey confidently leaps forward... and immediately crashes to the ground again, his muscles having seized up completely for a third time! Seeing his chance, Boyd rolls towards Keasbey for some Payback... though again, there's not really anything to pay him back for, at least not on this action. Rolling back a few metres, Boyd ends this round in a near-identical way to the last.

Round 2: End!

Again, about 5 metres separate the combatants. The sun will continue to shine for 3 more rounds unless interrupted (sorry for not mentioning this last time!).

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Health: 68
Energy: 66%

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 60
Energy: 86%
Other: Leech Seeded (1 more action), Paralysed (15% chance of full paralysis)

Technically, it's Wikey's turn to go first, but since I think Rolf wants to switch, I think it'd be a good idea to wait for him (since if someone switches Pokémon, they go first that round).

(I'll post a set of actions here so if Boyd stays in use these but if he switches out I'll make changes.)

Alright, Keasbey, let's try something crazy. Spray some Ember straight up so that lands on you activating your Flash Fire. Then heal up with a Morning Sun. Then finish the round off with a Flame Wheel!

Yeah I'll be switching. Mist, come on out. Let's start this off by using ancientpower, hopefully boosting your stats with serene grace. Let's fire off an extrasensory next, and go for another turn of inaction. After that use ancientpower again!

If keasby uses a move like howl or morning sun (non-attacking), use encore after he uses it so we can have some free turns. Thankfully hes slower than us. Follow up any encored move with nasty plot instead of attacking, if it so happens he tries this before the last action phase.

EDIT: from what I can tell, paralysis chances don't decrease as a battle wears on?
EDIT2: I guess it does

Alright, Keasbey. You've got type advantage still!

Get right in Mist's face and deliver a Close Combat. Then follow up with a Flame Wheel. And finish the round by sending Mist back to her Pokéball. Give her your trademark Roar!

(If I can't use Roar so soon after a switch I'll sub it for Close Combat. Nothing in the rules says I can't, though.)

Ref Note: From the Data Audit thread: "Freeze, Paralysis, and Sleep are temporary effects and eventually go away if not reinforced". The way I interpret this for paralysis is that it gradually reduces in severity over time, before disappearing completely.

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Togepi [Mist] (F)
Abilities: Hustle, Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
Atk: *(-1)
SpA: **
Spe: 20

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 60
Other: Leech Seeded (1 more action), Paralysed (15% chance of full paralysis)

Round 3: Start!

Not liking the matchup between Boyd and Keasbey, Rolf switches Boyd out for Mist, his Togepi. Keasbey roars menacingly at this new arrival, frightening Mist and dropping her attack power.

Mist starts off the round by forming a shining sphere filled with AncientPower between her tiny hands, before firing the ball right at Keasbey for some big damage. Not to be outdamaged by a Pokémon still wearing an eggshell, Keasbey runs right at Mist. In a wild flurry of flailing paws (I think I even saw Keasbey sneak a bite in there!), Keasbey shows Mist some real damage with Close Combat, sending her hurtling backwards with a vicious swipe of his paw at the end. He's dropped his guard, though - can Mist capitalise on this?

Look at that - Mist is rolling back to her feet just like Boyd was! What a sweet little quirk Rolf's Pokémon share... oops, we were battling, weren't we? Mist focuses breifly, then launches an Extrasensory, which hits Keasbey... from behind? He certainly wasn't expecting that - in fact, it looks like he's too shocked to do anything in response!

Taking advantage of this, Mist summons a second AncientPower sphere, before firing it at Keasbey, sending him sliding back into the dirt. Not only that, but Mist glows shortly after firing - that attack raised all her stats by one stage! Keasbey grins, seeing the funny side of this - he Roars away every last one of those boosts, and sends Mist flying back into her Pokéball.

Rolf has no choice but to release Boyd again - he looks a little bemused, probably wondering why he's back in the action already. This bemusement quickly turns to terror when Keasbey barks loudly at him, making Boyd a little scared to attack Keasbey physically.

Round 3: End!

The sun will continue to shine for 2 more rounds unless interrupted.

Togepi [Mist] (F)
Abilities: Hustle, Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
Atk: *(-1)
SpA: **
Spe: 20

Health: 75

|
v

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 22
Energy: 71%
Other: Paralysed (5% chance of full paralysis)

Wikey, you're ordering first this round!

Alright, Keasbey. Time to get back into this one.

Start with a Morning Sun. Once you've healed up go after Boyd with a Flame Wheel. Then back off and finish up with another Morning Sun.

Note to TP: From what I can tell, Intimidate is required to be activated by Wikey explicitly as an action. It doesn't happen automatically. Boyd's going to need that this round. Maybe you can clarify?
EDIT: I don't mean to be picky, I just feel the better I understand this game the better I'll get and since it's new I want to get this stuff clarified in my head. I interpreted the paralysis as a consistent 25% over 5 turns or something, but as I look back I think you're right.

Boyd, you're back :)

There's not much we can do about him using Morning sun, so take advantage of this by using Leech Seed to renew the saplings growing. Follow up with a Hone Claws, and then finish with a boosted Gyro Ball! Between your ability, Leech Seed, and Gyro Ball, we should be able to deal a decent amount of damage this round! Growlithe had to leave his little circle of embers to close combat Mist, so you should have free access.

Leech Seed ~ Hone Claws ~ Gyro Ball

Oh, geez, you're right Rolf - looks like I messed up on the Intimidate thing. I didn't realise it took an action to activate it. Wikey, if you want to amend your orders to activate Intimidate, you can do so.

Also, I feel I should fix the damage from previous rounds, but I think I should check with Wikey first to see whether or not that's an acceptable solution. If we pretend that Intimidate never happened, Keasbey's health would be 19 rather than 22 (not a big difference, but hey, careful HP management might all be part of Wikey's grand master plan).

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 19
Energy: 71%
Other: Paralysed (5% chance of full paralysis)

Round 4: Start!

In a battle like this, it's not easy to catch a break. That's why, after an exhausting exchange of attacks, it's good just to soak up the heat of the Morning Sun on your back... aah, that's better. But... what's this? Little shoots invasively digging in, trying to steal back every last photon of sunlight collected just seconds ago? Noooo! It's a Leech Seed!

That was me trying to get into my "inner Growlithe". Now, back to business as usual... Keasbey jumps up, does a front flip, and charges straight at Boyd with a brightly blazing Flame Wheel! It does a ton of damage to Boyd, but Keasbey is left licking some fresh cuts of his own after contact with Boyd's spiky body. He certainly won't want to get cut by those barbs again - especially not when Boyd's done filing them down to even sharper points with Hone Claws!

By now, Keasbey is moving his limbs about completely freely, finally shot of that irritating paralysis. What better way to celebrate than to catch some rays of Morning Sun? Well, another fitting way to celebrate would be to use a move that's all the more powerful now that Keasbey's paralysis is gone - like Gyro Ball, for instance. With Boyd being slow as dirt, the attack deals a hefty amount to Keasbey, despite Keasbey's natural resistance to it.

Round 4: Start!

A gap of about 8 metres has opened up between the battlers. The sun will contiune to shine for 1 more round unless interrupted.

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Health: 53
Energy: 43%
Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 Accuracy

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 65
Energy: 38%

Rolf, you're up!

Mkay Mist, comon back out.

Lets Thunder Wave Keasbey, then use Extrasensory twice.

If he Roars you back out after the Thunder Wave, Boyd should Gyro Ball twice.

Deck Knight in the Battle Tower OP said:
Switch = OK: At the end of each round, a trainer may switch their Pokemon. If they do, the Pokemon they send out must issue attacks first. The same trainer cannot switch on consecutive rounds unless anAttack like U-turn, Volt Change, or Teleport is used. Trainers whose Pokemon are returned through the effects of moves like Dragon Tail, Overhead Throw, Roar, and Whirlwind do not have to move first the next round.
If you want to switch Mist in, you'll have to do it first thing, before declaring any actions.

I have been looking for that paragraph for a long time, I'm not sure exactly why I couldn't find it. Thanks for your patience >.<

EDIT: I edited my orders so that I'm switching right now.

It's not 100% clear, but it makes more sense to me for someone to order switching just after a round ends, rather than at the end of your orders for a round. In both the games and the anime, switching is an instantaneous thing, rather than something you declare several moves in advance.

Well as long as Wikey knows I'm switching now, then it should be fine? It's the same as me switching at the end of the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)