Rolf vs. Wikey (Ref: TotalPotato) ~ COMPLETE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's cool. We'll just both make sure to only switch at the end of a round like the rules say from now on.

Anyway, let's go, Keasbey!

Go right at Mist and deliver a surprise Bite! Try and get that flinch so that Mist can't get off the Thunder Wave. Then follow up with another Close Combat. Finish the round off with a Flame Wheel.

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Arena: A simple pokemon battle arena like the ones seen In the anime, made of clay so diggable and such. No water or special circumstances. This is my first battle so I want to keep it simple :)

Togepi [Mist] (F)
Abilities: Hustle, Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
Max HP: 90
Atk: *(-1)
Def: ***
SpA: **
SpD: ****(+)
Spe: 20

Health: 75
Energy: 86%
Boosts: None
Other: None

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)
Abilities: Flash Fire, Intimidate
Nature: Naive
HP: 90
Atk: ***
Def: **
SpA: ***
SpD: *(-)
Spe: 69(+)

Health: 65
Energy: 38%

Round 5: Start!

Mist is released again, and Keabey is upon her almost as she takes on her full physical form. He Bites down on her, trying to get Mist to flinch in pain, and when he jumps back following his attack, he watches eagerly to see whether he was successful. Mist's Thunder Wave should answer that question - the tingling sensation he feels down his body is all too familiar.

Now being faster than her opponent, Mist tries a to get a little flinch of her own with Extrasensory. The sharp mental strike knocks Keasbey to the floor, but he merely shakes his head to clear it, before charging right at Mist, attacking her with a blinding blitz of forepaws, feet, head... whatever he can reach her with, basically. The Close Combat sends Mist flying backwards - she's taken one before, but that doesn't mean it was any easier to take it again!

Scrambling (no pun intended) back to her feet, Mist hits Keasbey with another Extrasensory. This time, Keasbey howls in pain as he is knocked down! Is this the flinch Mist was looking for? Keasbey eventually gets up, growling, before jumping into a Flame Wheel, so no... it must have been a critical hit! No time to celebrate, though - the flaming ball of fur strikes Mist hard, sending her flying back yet again. Judging by the intensity of the attacks being launched by both Pokémon, this particular matchup could be what the battle all boils down to (okay, that one WAS intentional)!

At the end of the round, the battlefield grows a little duller, and the temperature drops slightly.

Round 5: End!

The fighters are about 5 metres apart. The sunlight has faded.

Togepi [Mist] (F)

Health: 39
Energy: 63%

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 41
Energy: 23%
Boosts: -1 Def, -1 SpD
Other: Paralysed (20% chance of full paralysis)

It's Wikey's turn to order!

Way to go, Keasbey! You sure did a number on that Togepi.

Don't let up. Hit her with another Close Combat! Follow that up with a Flame Wheel. Finish her off with one last Close Combat.

Mist, lets do this one more time! Start with an Extrasensory, then use Morning Sun, and finish with another Extrasensory!

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Arena: A simple pokemon battle arena like the ones seen In the anime, made of clay so diggable and such. No water or special circumstances. This is my first battle so I want to keep it simple :)

Togepi [Mist] (F)

Health: 39
Energy: 63%

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 41
Energy: 23%
Other: Paralysed (20% chance of full paralysis)

Round 6: Start!

Seeing how well her attack worked in the last round, Mist uses a third consecutive Extrasensory, slamming Keasbey with another mental assault from behind. Keasbey gets to his feet surprisingly quickly considering his paralysis, and leaps at Mist in a frenzy, smacking her all over the place with Close Combat, and for a change, ends it by swiping her off to the side this time.

Mist rolls to her feet, and shuts her eyes, basking in the comforting glow of the Morning Sun. It's not quite as warm as it was when Keasbey used its power, but it still heals Mist a good amount. Keasbey, meanwhile, spins into another Flame Wheel, crashing into Mist pretty soon after her healing is complete.

Presumably adhering to the philosophy of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", Mist uses Extrasensory again, knocking Keasbey down to receive another faceful of clay. This time, getting to hit feet proves difficult, and he stands there unmoving, unable to pull off his next attack.

Round 6: End!

Mist and Keasbey are less than 5 metres apart now.

Togepi [Mist] (F)

Health: 37
Energy: 28%

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 17
Energy: 12%
Other: Paralysed (15% chance of full paralysis)

Your turn, Rolf!

Okay Mist, lets finish this! Extrasensory, Ancientpower, Extrasensory!

If Keasbey faints, chill with the rest of your moves.

Alright, Keasbey, you might not make it out of this predicament, but you've done good.

You're really low on health, but that works right into our plan! You need to avoid the flinch at all costs this first move, because when Mist hits you and brings you right to the brink of fainting you're going to hit her with a full-power Reversal! The only way I can see you getting another move off is if you knock Mist out with that move so go ahead and Chill twice.

Reversal ~ Chill ~ Chill

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Togepi [Mist] (F)

Health: 37
Energy: 28%

Growlithe [Keasbey] (M)

Health: 17
Energy: 12%
Other: Paralysed (15% chance of full paralysis)

Round 7: Start!

The round begins with Keasbey's head dropping to the floor like a stone. Do I even need to say it? It's an Extrasensory attack from Mist! Almost at the end of his tether, Keasbey struggles to his feet, lopes towards Mist, and thinking of how hard he's fought, and how much he's endured up to this point, he slashes Mist with both forepaws with one of the most powerful Reversal attacks you're ever likely to see. Mist is knocked far, far back, her shell scraping on the ground as she skids to a halt.

Slowly, Mist rises back to her feet. As Keasbey lays down, deciding to end his battle feeling as relaxed as he can, Mist fires a sphere filled with AncientPower. The ball of energy hits Keasbey dead on, and he fades out of consciousness, a contented smile lingering on his face.

Round 7: End!

Togepi [Mist] (F)

Health: 7
Energy: 14%

Keasbey is unable to battle! Wikey, please send out your second (and final) Pokémon with your actions for the next round.

Alright, Keasbey, you did great. Come on back and Underwood the Privatyke will finish things off.

Underwood, finish Mist off with an Arm Thrust. If Mist somehow hangs on follow up with a Drain Punch, otherwise begin to Bulk Up. If Mist is still somehow around hit her with another Arm Thrust, but finish the round out with a Bulk Up if she's down for the count.

Arm Thrust ~ Drain Punch/Bulk Up ~ Arm Thrust/Bulk Up

Sorry, but Underwood wasn't in the team you PMed me. Since you didn't have Underwood at the time the battle started, you obviously couldn't have taken him with you to this battle.

Ugh, my bad. I got Underwood later on in the same day this battle started. Rats.

Alright, Holden, let's finish this!

Start off with a Wing Attack to take Misty out. Then finish off the round with two Swords Dances. If Mist somehow survives the Wing Attack then hit her with a Faint Attack instead of the first Swords Dance.

Wing Attack ~ Swords Dance/Faint Attack ~ Swords Dance

Mkay Mist, your time is coming. I want you to tuck your head in your hard shell as Wing Attack comes to prevent a direct hit, then pop out and use Yawn. If you're still alive then use Morning Sun, then finish with a chill. You've done well!

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Gligar(*) Holden (M)
Abilities: Hyper Cutter, Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
Max HP: 100
Def: ****
SpA: *(-)
SpD: ***
Spe: 98(+)

Health: 100
Energy: 100%

Togepi [Mist] (F)

Health: 7
Energy: 14%

Round 8: Start!

Holden the Gligar is sent out to replace his fallen comrade. Using his tail as a spring, he bounces into the air, before swooping down on Mist with Wing Attack. Mist quickly retreats into her shell, using something like a makeshift Defense Curl. It's not quite as effective as Defense Curl, though, since it's a reflex rather than a practised attack. Holden's left wing slams right into the shell, sending his opponent spinning across the arena. When the spinning ends, a very dizzy Mist falls to the ground, unable to move.

Round 8: End!

Gligar(*) Holden (M)

Energy: 97%

Mist is unable to battle! Rolf, please send out your final Pokémon together with next round's orders.

Alright, Holden, let's do this thing.

Start the round off with a Sand Attack. Use your strong wings to kick up sand and try and use the sand to knock those Leech Seeds out of the air. Follow that up with a Swords Dance. Finish the round off with a boosted Earthquake.

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)
Ability: Steel Thorns
Nature: Careful
Atk: **
SpA: *(-1)
Spe: 10

Health: 53
Energy: 43%

Gligar(*) Holden (M)

Energy: 97%

Round 9: Start!

Boyd materialises into a slightly worn-down creature, but he's still ready to fight! Holden stands on the ground, poised for any movement from Boyd.

As soon as the Leech Seed juts out from Boyd, Holden tries something a little strange. His trainer has ordered a Sand-attack, but has told him to use wind to execute it. Dutifully, Holden flaps his wings hard, and while the wind produced is nowhere near Whirlwind-force, it was strong enough to knock the Leech Seed off course. The wind does pick up a small amount of sediment, but without scraping some sand loose from the ground, there's just not enough loose material here to obscure Boyd's vision.

The two Pokémon then decide to boost up. They have remarkably different ways of doing so - Holden spins like a top with Swords Dance, and a murky aura surrounds Boyd as he uses Curse. It looks like both these Pokémon are preparing for something big.

An Earthquake is definitely something big. Gligar slams into the ground, sending shockwaves right through the arena. Boyd is shaken in all directions, and by the time the attack ends, it's difficult for him to tell which way is up! Luckily for him, no direction sense is required when using Hone Claws, and Boyd ends the round with sharper spikes to go with his recently reinforced shell. Just what is Boyd going to do with all this extra power?

Round 9: End!

The battlers are roughly 5 metres apart.

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Health: 38
Energy: 22%
Boosts: +2 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Accuracy, -1 Spe

Gligar(*) Holden (M)

Energy: 80%
Boosts: +2 Atk

Your orders, Wikey.

Great work, Holden!

Use those powerful wings again with a Wing Attack. You need this next attack to hurt so do another Swords Dance before ending the round with another Earthquake.

Leech Seed, then Gyro Ball, then Curse. We're going to have problems with energy here Boyd, lets hang in there and see what we can do.

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Health: 38
Energy: 22%
Boosts: +2 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Accuracy, -1 Spe

Gligar(*) Holden (M)

Energy: 80%

Round 10: Start!

Holden starts off the round with the familar bounce and glide he used to dispatch Mist not too long ago. The Wing Attack strikes home, and both Pokémon recoil in pain briefly - Boyd from the Wing Attack, and Holden from the Steel Thorns. Boyd fires a Leech Seed at Holden's retreating form. Despite being a moving target, Holden find himself ensared by the Leech Seed - Boyd wasn't going to miss having honed his spikes last round! And I can tell you, only in the world of Pokémon will that sentence make any sense whatsoever.

Seemingly unsatisfied with her already crazy attack power, Holden lands on the ground, and whirls around stylishly whilst balancing on his tail, getting the adrenaline pumping with another Swords Dance. Boyd, on the other hand, pulls all of his thorns into his shell, before whirling straight towards Holden. Is he rolling? Spinning? He's moving too quickly to tell, but one thing's for sure - it's a super-powerful Gyro Ball! Holden falls clumsily onto the ground after that impact - not a great finish after that stylish spinning motion.

With his attack nearing astronomical levels, Holden bounces up, and crashes down on the ground with even more ferocity than last time! The Earthquake causes the ground to rumble ferociously. I think I can even hear the earth crack occasionally... hopefully, that's just my overactive imagination. After an attack that forceful, it's not hard for Boyd to conjure up some negative thoughts,bolstering his physical strength even further with Curse. Once this attack is done, Boyd tilts back on his shell slightly - that's probably about the most extreme sign of tiredness you're going to see from a Ferroseed!

Round 10: End!

The battlers are about 7 metres or so away from each other.

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Health: 18
Energy: 2%
Boosts: +2 Atk, +1 Def, -1 Spe

Gligar(*) Holden (M)

Health: 73
Energy: 64%
Boosts: +3 Atk
Other: Leech Seed (3 more actions)

Go, Rolf!

Battle Rules said:
2v2 singles
2 day dq
2 recovers / 5 chills
All Abilities
Switch = OK
No items

Ferroseed [Boyd] (M)

Health: 18
Energy: 2%
Boosts: +2 Atk, +1 Def, -1 Spe

Gligar(*) Holden (M)

Health: 73
Energy: 64%
Boosts: +3 Atk
Other: Leech Seed (3 more actions)

Round 11: Start!

It looks like both competitors believe the match will be over after this round! Let's see if they're right...

A spring, a glide, and a dive - it's the familiar sight of a strong Wing Attack from Holden! Strong though it may be, though, it's not strong enough to finish Boyd off. Almost spent from all the high-octane battling, Boyd Chills out, able to catch his breath for the first time in a long while.

Holden circles round after his Wing Attack, twirls into a steep dive, and slams his body hard on the ground, causing a massive Earthquake. Boyd wibbles, wobbles, and finally, he falls down, defeated.

Round 11: End!

Gligar(*) Holden (M)

Health: 67
Energy: 55%
Other: Leech Seed (1 more action)

Boyd is unable to battle! The victory goes to Wikey!

Super battle, guys - I really enjoyed reffing it! I get 2 ref tokens, and you both get 2 TC, one EC, MC and DC on each of your Pokémon. In addition, Mist gets 1 KO counter, and Holden gets 2 KO counters. Spend them wisely!

Once again, thank you both for putting on such a great show!

Fun little battle. I meant to use Dratini over Boyd in the beginning, but somehow my little tess held up pretty well. Good job TP and Wikey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)