PS Policy Head
Romancing the Stone is an OU tournament where players are assigned a Mega Stone at the beginning of every round. These stones must be used in battle with the corresponding base Pokemon, but otherwise, players are fee to build the remainder of their team however they want.
But there's one catch!
The stones will be assigned to every player publicly, meaning your opponent will know what mega Pokemon to expect when facing you - and vice versa!
- Player 1 (Alakazite) vs. Player 2 (Blastoisinite)
Specific Tournament Rules:
- OU, Best of 1
- Players must carry their assigned stone with the corresponding base Pokemon. No other stone is allowed on the team. (Don't look for a loophole - play the tour how it was intended!)
- Stones are randomly assigned at the start of each round and weighted by tier. (OU stones will be more common.)
- Any stones introduced during the tournament will be added to the lottery in the following round.
- If you receive a name change during the course of the tour, please tag me in the current round's thread (and your opponent, if you still have one).
- Sleep Clause: If a player has already put an opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move and that Pokémon is still sleeping due to that sleep inducing move, the player cannot put another opposing Pokémon to sleep using a sleep inducing move.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same species of Pokémon on their team, based on the National Pokedex Number. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Evasion Clause: Players cannot use Double Team or Minimize in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
I will close signups no earlier than 48 hours from this posting time. Signups will follow the standard First Come, First Serve method.
<<Please note!>>This tour is eligible for Smogon Championship points! The following points will be awarded based on total tour size: