ORAS OU Rough Diamonds are now Pink - An RMT Ft. Mega Diancie (Peaked #11)

Very well, since my last RMT waaay back at the middle of XY OU, I've got a little away from the part of building a team from scratch, but now with ΩRuby & αSapphire getting released, I decided to get up my ass and start my very first squad on those games, however there's a problem: Being an brazilian pokémon fan like me isn't an easy thing, since while ORAS already was arrived in US stores, we still will have to wait 2 weeks after everybody already finished them, and this is killing me... So to celebrate the beggining of ORAS OU (and the relief of my suffering for that matter), now I will present to you my latest invention.

With such an wide amount of new megas to choose, I noticed that players tend to chosse those who either are outright broken (eye on you Mega Audino Salamence) or most of the time just those who, on paper, can be better on his task without suffer high risks, like MGallade being an Wallbreaker. I decided to go a little on the opposite side of this by picking Mega Diancie to be the center of my first team, and while she is generaly overlooked by those other megas, it only gives her better chances of rip the hell at the other teams since it's kinda hard to see an team propely prepared for his moveset. That being said, this is how I came up with the team

Since I want to leave my best comments of what MDiancie can do on the actual RMT, let's just say that she is an monster and I wanted to build a team around her, end of story.

After doing Diancie, I also added Magnezone to be my main Momentum Grabber, Trapper to all the things she hates like Ferrothorn and Skarmory and ocasionally my 2nd Special Sweeper

Completing this core, Latios was added to be my main Hazard Revover, Mixed Wallbreaker and also an ocasional Hit-and-Run Special Attacker

While solid, this core was missing priority and it couldn't take benefits of the forced switches, so I added Bisharp to be my main Physical Wallbreaker and ocasionally my Physical Sweeper

Like any team nowdays, I have to find a way of keeping Greninja checked, so that's were Keldeo comes in. He is my main Revenge Killer and Late-Game Cleaner

To finish off, Chesnaught was added to be my main Physical Wall and Hazard Setter

*** Changes in RED ***

Diancie @
Ability: Clear Body / Magic Bounce

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Right off the bat, I think Mega Diancie doesn't need introduction... If you read my previous RMT you should know that I am a type of player who try not be too outrageous with my opinions, but this time around, it became more difficult; It's hard to me see why this thing aren't being use that much by the ladder in general, but like I said, this is a good thing after all. While I think Mega Diancie isn't the best in terms of risk/reward comparing side-by-side with other new megas, she's my absolutely favorite in terms of design, I mean just look at her! It may seem like it will not be the bearer of hell on Earth and ripper of all live knowed, instead it looks like something you would expect from a side character on MLP brought by a fairytale were the world was made from strawberries and tutti-frutti gumballs, but then I dare you to ask: Were do you think she come from?

When it comes from overall utility as an sweeper, Mega Diancie is second to none having a fantastic Fairy/Ground/Rock coverage that gives her perfect neutral coverage at Mega Lopunny levels... And that isn't saying that Diancie is gonna die to anything thrown at her, having some very solid 50/110/110 defenses and 50/150/150 before mega evolving let her absorb pretty much any move that isn't named a Steel Type, what is superb coming off 160/160/110 offenses.

His movepool it's something holding her back, but like mentioned, it's more than enough to let her sweep like 70% of the tier. Staring off with Moonblast, which not only is her best Fairy STAB, but also is pretty cool when I get lucky and get that sweet 30% chance of lower the SAtk. While Diamond Storm is her best Rock STAB, it also is our oldest request being realized: A Physical Rock move with good accurancy, making DiSt the best rock move ever. If you are running Diancie, you also must be running Earth Power because of REASONS... Srsly, EP let Diancie bet a fukton of would-be counters in any Steel type in existance, and is the main reason why Rock/Grund/Fairy is what it is.

Now here comes the possible disagrees you can have with me: I choose to run Rock Polish over HP Fire because while it finishes off the best coverage options Diancie can have, it only hits an extremely specific list of Pokémon in Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Scizor... Not only that, but none of them are OHKO by it, with Ferro and Mega Scizor taking 80-90% and Skarmory holding up with Sturdy; Also, outside of them, Earth Power already hits everything Diancie needs, so that's why I think HP Fire is an miss opportunity in most cases. On the other hand, RP is awesome for an mid to late sweep and is gorgeous see things like Landorus-T receiving an 2+ Boost in their faces thinking it would revenge kill me with ease. The EV's are standard as far I can tell. Overall, Mega Diancie is a beast and I hope she will eventually rise back for OU in the next months... If this thing continues on UU for much longer it would make the tier pretty much unplayable.

Magnezone @
Ability: Magnet Pull

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

Like mentioned above, Magnezone's job is to aplly pressure on most of the checks avaliable for Diancie, trapping and killing them with relevant ease while also grabbing a good amount of momentum every time he comes in. It's almost unbelievable how good this thing is becoming in the last months... Everyone who plays the early XY OU Latter remembers how Mag sucks at that time, since not being able to trap Aegislash and MMawile was a really big flaw that it couldn't get pass with HP Fire, thrus making him fall, and fall hard into the depths of UU. After Aegi and Mawile bans, Magnezone has been experiencing an vertical growth in popularity, being able to help so many megas by trapping Steel Pokémon, and Diancie isn't an exeption.

Other than explain why he is here, all the rest is pretty standard: Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon because duh, Hidden Power Fire is to punish the trio of death and Volt Switch is to grab momentum on all the forced switchs Mag causes.

I opted to run an Scarf set over the Specs one because of the way Mag works on this team: He doesn't needs to hit extraordinarily hard or something, he only needs to deliver damage and free switches to the rest of my team, so an Choice Scarf combined with that spread of EV's allow him to be the best Volt Switch Pivot in OU.

Latios @
Ability: Levitate

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Here comes a Quick Quiz: "Which Pokémon you would add that could switch-in any Ground Type that scare Diancie and Magnezone, can manage hazards if Diancie is dead, plus finishing off an Fairy/Steel/Dragon core at the same time?"; Yep, Latios was the easiest choice by far. Outside Diancie, Latios is the most vital part of this team; Without him, things like Breloom, Keldeo and Venusaur could run circles around my team unpunished, and outside of his main roles, that's when Latios really put his weight, especially in Mega Venusaur's case. Being an Mixed Wallbreaker also let me punch holes on things that could give Diancie a hard work to kill like Chansey, Clefable or Sylveon (it's an better idea just switch to Bisharp; Only do this if he is dead).

Now to the moveset: Draco Meteor and Psyshock are here cuz' STAB nd pOw3r, Thunderbolt is for ocasional Azumarils and Defog if Diancie can't switch in a possible SR coming off Excadrill or something, or if her outright die. EV spread is basic.

Bisharp @
Ability: Defiant

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

After the core was made, the problems started to happen: Besides Diancie setting up a Rock Polish, the core was really dependent of speed ties; Not only that, but it also was totally exposed to every single priority (Mach Punch, Ice Shard, Bullet Punch etc), so the beginning of my solution was Bisharp. Besides having the same issues with priority, Bisharp also brings to the table his own equally dangerous SP to help me revenge killing many things like Mega Gallade, Landorus-T, Tyranitar and Gengar, while also trapping and killing Latios and Mega Latias (which Bisharp is the only thing walling). Despite being frail as fuk, Bisharp also can Revenge Kill any Mega Metagross set lacking Agility or any non-attacking move, which it's very sweet, avoiding mind games with Diancie and Magnezone, fearing both Earthquake and Bullet Punch.

Sucker Punch is Sucker Punch... Without him Bisharp is useless and I wouldn't be able to revenge kill all those threats. Iron Head it's his another STAB... Not used that much, but it has his purposes. If you have an Bisharp, you have Knock Off, is that simple; Being the most spawnable move in the game who remove items, gets STAB and is your strongest move, you definitively needs to run. Pursuit is for the affected situations already mentioned. EV's are once again basic.

Keldeo @
Ability: Justified

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

While ORAS brought more harm than good for Keldeo, he still just as dangerous as before, only a little more checked. Having a now bad 106 base speed, it's hard to see any reason to not slap the Scarf set over the Specs one, having more chances to deliver vital kills on specific Pokémon. Like I said briefly on the teambuilding section, Keldeo's main role is revenge kill any boost sweeper or very fast all-out attacker, being Greninja his 1° target. I know it's kinda dumb put him to switch into a Pokémon that 2HKOs him with any move, but let's be honest here: What Pokémon can survive 2 or more hits from Greninja? So therefore Keldeo is just an check to it, but also to many others threats like Heatran, Mega Gyarados and Tyranitar, making him much more worthed.

Since it was made from the typical Specs set, his moveset and EV's are exactly the same... Not much to talk here.

Chesnaught @
Ability: Bulletproof

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb
And for the grand finalle, here is the recently buffed Chesnaught. I always like to put something unusual on my teams, so this time arround I decided to give this thing a shot, and it was incredible. After I read other Mega Diancie's RMTs, I've noticed than a big part of them suffers from Rain Offense, not being able to successful stall his turns, being outspeed by any Swift Swimmer and most importantly: Leaving Mega Swampert free to an sweep, and that's when Chesnaught shines. With an questionable type, this juggernaut switches-in directly on the face of Kabutops, Physical Kingdra and Mega Swampert, while having other niches outside catering those pokes.

So let's begin with Chesnaught biggest gift in form of Drain Punch: Not only it now outclasses Poison Heal Breloom, but also almost fixes his problem from XY OU: The lack of reliable recover; And yes, while DP isn't that much of reliable, it still welcome to hear and let Chesnaught counter Ferrothorn more acceptably. Since his main role is pressure Rain Offense, Spiky Shield are here to either scout Ice Beans and/or stall rain turns, add Leech Seed to this and nobody can safely switch through the match without fearing get seeded. After some experiment with other moves, I decided to slash Spikes in order to fit Seed Bomb on this set... Now not only Chesnaught can kill MSwampert, but also can revenge kill Azumaril if him take at least 25% of damange, which is rather easy to do with Volt Switch or something else on this team. Sure I lost my only entry hazard, but the reward was much bigger than the lost, making SB the new standard on this set.

Azumarill: While I have plenity of ways to revenge kill it, I have zero switch-ins, with my best being Magnezone. Usually something dies in order to kill him, but after just a bit of prior damange, Chesnaught outspeeds and kill with Seed Bomb
Charizards: It's crutial to you get the RP on Diancieearly on the game, otherwise they rape this team hard, especially ZardX... ZardY is more manageable since Mag can do some serious damande with Volt Switch and enev kill with Thunderbolt, while Keldeo also can revenge kill with Scald if he is with 30% or less (60% or less use Hydro Pump).
Clefable: Bisharp outspeeds and easily kill with Iron Head, but it need to enter with caution since Flametrower will hurt; Same thing to Mag
Greninja: Like Azumarill, my only switch to this guy is Keldeo, but even then it's 2HKOed by Gunk Shot. My best play is get an Rock Polish earlier on the game in order to kill him with more ease.
Mega Gallade: Ease to deal if Diancie get her boost; Bisharp can revenge kill and Magnezone outspeeds... However I have zero switch-ins
Mega Metagross: Same thing of MGallade
Mega Venusaur: Offensive variants are easy to deal, but Defensive ones are annoying... Try scout HP Fire with Chesnaught and make mind games to double switch into Latios

=== [ou] Rough Diamonds are now Pink ===

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb

Last edited:
Great Team you have there. But i would also add Mega salamence to your threats, because if it carrys eq you have no switch in. I also would use Blackglasses over Lifeorbe , because you mostly need your darktypes attacks. Your iron Head will still ohko Clefable and etc..

Hey there McBeengs, nice team you have made there. SD Hawlucha definitely does run through the team and i also noticed that your team is a bit susceptible to a scarfed lando-t. True if u switch in latios on a predicted eq that's nice but I would recommend switching chestnaught to mamoswine whigh has access to STAB ice shard which definitely OHKOs Hawlucha and does sizable damage to lando-t. Also I agree with miltank on blackglasses being better than life orb. And as for mega mence ice shard shatters him too.

I hope I have helped.
Glhf playing!

Great Team you have there. But i would also add Mega salamence to your threats, because if it carrys eq you have no switch in. I also would use Blackglasses over Lifeorbe , because you mostly need your darktypes attacks. Your iron Head will still ohko Clefable and etc..
Mega mence is a threat for every team lol. Luckily its gonna get banned.

Hey there McBeengs, nice team you have made there. SD Hawlucha definitely does run through the team and i also noticed that your team is a bit susceptible to a scarfed lando-t. True if u switch in latios on a predicted eq that's nice but I would recommend switching chestnaught to mamoswine whigh has access to STAB ice shard which definitely OHKOs Hawlucha and does sizable damage to lando-t. Also I agree with miltank on blackglasses being better than life orb. And as for mega mence ice shard shatters him too.

I hope I have helped.
Glhf playing!
Life Orb Ice Shard from Mamoswine does about 73.4 - 86.5% to Hawlucha, which does not OHKO, even after Stealth Rock. I used this Calculator since the PS calculator is down: http://sweepercalc.com/swc/

(I am referring to Jolly Mamoswine, Adamant gets outsped by too many important Pokemon)

Hey, great team! I've used RP M-Diancie as well, and I've been loving the hell out of it. Just a few changes...

• Imo 76 HP / 252 SpAtk / 180 Spe Rash is better for the Rock Polish spread. This spread gives you the exact same power output, but now you outspeed pretty much every scarfer (which is great) as well as Adamant Excadrill in sand. That's really the biggest perk. Plus, it speed creeps Joey's Mega Diancie spread which can actually be pretty helpful if you hit one of his teams on the ladder lmfao.
  • Every time you have 4 HP EVs, I'd change them to defense tbh. It's a really small change but can help you take less damage from hazards n stuff.
  • If you're strugglin with Greninja I may reccomend Spdef Tentacruel > Chesnaught. You could go mixed bulk to help you deal with Rain n stuff (as well as Azumarill, who you struggle with). Imo tenta would be cool as you could run Roost + 3 attacks on Latios if you wanted and run spin on tenta. It doesn't help you with lucha, but Azu + ninja are way more popular
That's about all. Great team and gratz on the peak!

Life Orb Ice Shard from Mamoswine does about 73.4 - 86.5% to Hawlucha, which does not OHKO, even after Stealth Rock. I used this Calculator since the PS calculator is down: http://sweepercalc.com/swc/

(I am referring to Jolly Mamoswine, Adamant gets outsped by too many important Pokemon)
I had adamant mamoswine in mind when I was rating. And most of the pokemon it needs to take out that are major threats are handled by ice shard.

Ok guys, first of all tanks very much for your support... I was away in this meantime, so I'll respond all of you on the same post:

Hey, I tried your team and I have only one thing to say : You get 6-0'ed by Hawlucha SD. That's about it.
Hey there McBeengs, nice team you have made there. SD Hawlucha definitely does run through the team and i also noticed that your team is a bit susceptible to a scarfed lando-t. True if u switch in latios on a predicted eq that's nice but I would recommend switching chestnaught to Mamoswine whigh has access to STAB ice shard which definitely OHKOs Hawlucha and does sizable damage to lando-t. And as for mega mence ice shard shatters him too.
Honestly, I already knew something like this would happen; Like I said a million times: This team lacks an reliable priority, and Bisharp can't even dream of kill Hawlucha with SP... Add to the fact that Lucha's have Unburden and you get my worst nightmare. Sure, Hawlucha isn't seen that much, but I can't left my team unprepared for it... Like you said, Mamoswine could be a thing, but in all honestly, I don't think in that way: You see while Mamo have Ice Shard that could help me, it fails to OHKO Hawlucha as Alfalfa's pointed and Lando are already checked by Keldeo... Instead I think in something a little diferent: Why I don't try Chioce Banded Talonflame instead? Follow my thought: Of all my "threats" list, Talon can revenge kill all of then either with BB or FB, annihilates any chance of Hawlucha's sweep and for an plus also formes a mini VoltTurn core with Magnezone for scouting. The only real problem of fitting Talonflame on this team is who I would need to take off, since Diancie/Magnezone & Latios are an excelent core that none of them can leave, removing Keldeo I also removes my Landorus check and removing Chesnaught also has his share of problems that I will cover more below. The only possible candidate to leave is Bisharp, but then I would open an 6 pathways avenue to Mega Latias sweep the floor. Mamoswine isn't totally disconsidered, but let me see what did you guys think of my opinion

Great Team you have there. But i would also add Mega salamence to your threats, because if it carrys eq you have no switch in.
Lol I didn't even bother to put this on my list since it will be banned in question of days. He is like Mega Pinsir duct taped with Latios + Fire Blast to boost... Who on Earth could wall this thing?

I also would use Blackglasses over Lifeorbe , because you mostly need your darktypes attacks. Your iron Head will still ohko Clefable and etc..
Hum, makes sence... Is more easy I see an Telepathy Wobuffet than I use Iron Head, and I also wouldn't have recoil... Tnx for pointed out

Hey, great team! I've used RP M-Diancie as well, and I've been loving the hell out of it. Just a few changes...

• Imo 76 HP / 252 SpAtk / 180 Spe Rash is better for the Rock Polish spread. This spread gives you the exact same power output, but now you outspeed pretty much every scarfer (which is great) as well as Adamant Excadrill in sand. That's really the biggest perk. Plus, it speed creeps Joey's Mega Diancie spread which can actually be pretty helpful if you hit one of his teams on the ladder lmfao.
  • Every time you have 4 HP EVs, I'd change them to defense tbh. It's a really small change but can help you take less damage from hazards n stuff.
  • If you're strugglin with Greninja I may reccomend Spdef Tentacruel > Chesnaught. You could go mixed bulk to help you deal with Rain n stuff (as well as Azumarill, who you struggle with). Imo tenta would be cool as you could run Roost + 3 attacks on Latios if you wanted and run spin on tenta. It doesn't help you with lucha, but Azu + ninja are way more popular
That's about all. Great team and gratz on the peak!
Ok, let me break this slowly:
  • When I was looking for what set I would run on Diancie I actually came across this one, and while I doesn't think he is bad in any way, It have a significant problem: Using that spread almost obligates you to get an Rock Polish in order to even check the things regular Diancie would without that extra turn. I know that more bulk and power are always welcome, but I rather have certainty of being able to kill Gyarados and Garchonp right off the bat than being FORCED to loose an turn setting up just to bypass those things that I already could, and at the end of the day those 76 HP EV's only would help me to tank Aqua Jet's better, and that's it. So thank you for the suggestion, but I fell more safe with the traditional one.
  • Yep it was an miss from my part... Fixing
  • Now here's my defense at Chesnaught: I don't want to contradict any of you, but tbh I think you guys didn't figure out the main reason of Chesnaught: Counter Mega Swampert. Using your argument about Tentacruel, he can be a good Greninja and Azumarill check, but outside of that, what else he does? At best you can pray for Swampert's Earthquake doesn't kill you, and then pray again to Scald burn him... And if Swampert isn't enought, try switch Tentacruel into Kabutops, Slowbro and Thundurus-T... All very common in rain teams. While Chesnaught counters Pert, he at the same time also countes a good part of rain teams since he can easily survive at lest 1 attack from those mentioned and also isn't dead weight not staying under the rain, being a very reliable check to Landorus-T, Breloom and Tyranitar while being a counter to Gengar and Venusaur (lacking HP Fire). Tentacruel has Rapid Spin, that's true, but Latios has Defog, which is far better this generation, leaving Tentacruel's role on this team very narow. And keep in mind I'm only talking about Cruel because was you who suggested, but I also remember a guy suggesting I change my Chesnaught for an Mamoswine, and all my arguments also apply to him.
For now, that's my response... I really want to know what you guys think about my Talonflame's idea and I hope has responded everyone propely

Ok guys, first of all tanks very much for your support... I was away in this meantime, so I'll respond all of you on the same post:

Honestly, I already knew something like this would happen; Like I said a million times: This team lacks an reliable priority, and Bisharp can't even dream of kill Hawlucha with SP... Add to the fact that Lucha's have Unburden and you get my worst nightmare. Sure, Hawlucha isn't seen that much, but I can't left my team unprepared for it... Like you said, Mamoswine could be a thing, but in all honestly, I don't think in that way: You see while Mamo have Ice Shard that could help me, it fails to OHKO Hawlucha as Alfalfa's pointed and Lando are already checked by Keldeo... Instead I think in something a little diferent: Why I don't try Chioce Banded Talonflame instead? Follow my thought: Of all my "threats" list, Talon can revenge kill all of then either with BB or FB, annihilates any chance of Hawlucha's sweep and for an plus also formes a mini VoltTurn core with Magnezone for scouting. The only real problem of fitting Talonflame on this team is who I would need to take off, since Diancie/Magnezone & Latios are an excelent core that none of them can leave, removing Keldeo I also removes my Landorus check and removing Chesnaught also has his share of problems that I will cover more below. The only possible candidate to leave is Bisharp, but then I would open an 6 pathways avenue to Mega Latias sweep the floor. Mamoswine isn't totally disconsidered, but let me see what did you guys think of my opinion

Lol I didn't even bother to put this on my list since it will be banned in question of days. He is like Mega Pinsir duct taped with Latios + Fire Blast to boost... Who on Earth could wall this thing?

Hum, makes sence... Is more easy I see an Telepathy Wobuffet than I use Iron Head, and I also wouldn't have recoil... Tnx for pointed out

Ok, let me break this slowly:
  • When I was looking for what set I would run on Diancie I actually came across this one, and while I doesn't think he is bad in any way, It have a significant problem: Using that spread almost obligates you to get an Rock Polish in order to even check the things regular Diancie would without that extra turn. I know that more bulk and power are always welcome, but I rather have certainty of being able to kill Gyarados and Garchonp right off the bat than being FORCED to loose an turn setting up just to bypass those things that I already could, and at the end of the day those 76 HP EV's only would help me to tank Aqua Jet's better, and that's it. So thank you for the suggestion, but I fell more safe with the traditional one.
  • Yep it was an miss from my part... Fixing
  • Now here's my defense at Chesnaught: I don't want to contradict any of you, but tbh I think you guys didn't figure out the main reason of Chesnaught: Counter Mega Swampert. Using your argument about Tentacruel, he can be a good Greninja and Azumarill check, but outside of that, what else he does? At best you can pray for Swampert's Earthquake doesn't kill you, and then pray again to Scald burn him... And if Swampert isn't enought, try switch Tentacruel into Kabutops, Slowbro and Thundurus-T... All very common in rain teams. While Chesnaught counters Pert, he at the same time also countes a good part of rain teams since he can easily survive at lest 1 attack from those mentioned and also isn't dead weight not staying under the rain, being a very reliable check to Landorus-T, Breloom and Tyranitar while being a counter to Gengar and Venusaur (lacking HP Fire). Tentacruel has Rapid Spin, that's true, but Latios has Defog, which is far better this generation, leaving Tentacruel's role on this team very narow. And keep in mind I'm only talking about Cruel because was you who suggested, but I also remember a guy suggesting I change my Chesnaught for an Mamoswine, and all my arguments also apply to him.
For now, that's my response... I really want to know what you guys think about my Talonflame's idea and I hope has responded everyone propely

Hey Talonflame does make a good check to Lucha and a thing I forgot was that mamoswine gives your team a huge steel weakness so the tflame idea is better. And since you said that mega swampert is handled by chestnaught I would say that it's not reliable and your best bet against him would be to run wood hammer or some such move cause swamperts godly defences aren't bothered much by drain punchanged.

Hoped I helped.

Hey Talonflame does make a good check to Lucha and a thing I forgot was that mamoswine gives your team a huge steel weakness so the tflame idea is better. And since you said that mega swampert is handled by chestnaught I would say that it's not reliable and your best bet against him would be to run wood hammer or some such move cause swamperts godly defences aren't bothered much by drain punchanged.

Hoped I helped.
Well, I could slash Spikes in order to hit Swampert, but then my team wouldn't be able to take advantage of the switches and will be helpless against sashes... With Talonflame possibly joining, I think I could switch Keldeo, since the mains pokes I'm looking to kill are essentialy MSceptile, MLopunny, Chansey, Mamoswine, Garchomp and Greninja, all of them checked by Talon... About Landorus-t, like I said, Chesnaught is a good check to it, so as long he is healty I can switch directly on him. And that's it: I'm gonna try Seed Bomb on Chesnaught and switch Keldeo by Talonflame, then I come up with the results tomorow I guess.

Completely sweept after an SD by mega mence. He wrecks you team by return and earthquake.
Fix it

I recommend you to add it in your threat list

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
dont worry Mcbeengs, ignore that guy^

I can't see your picture of your advertised: "(Peaked #11)"
do you have picture to show us?

mostly I liked your RMT, it was very fun to read, although your English isn't perfect, you are brazilian so it is actually fine and actually quite cute :)

I am going to try your RMT on the ladder and tell you whether I like it or not!

can I ask if grey ninja is a big problem for you?

dont worry Mcbeengs, ignore that guy^

mostly I liked your RMT, it was very fun to read, although your English isn't perfect, you are brazilian so it is actually fine and actually quite cute :)

How rude ! I am just suggesting you.How can you ignore me.
Mega salamence is really a big threat to this team.
It can easily sweep the whole team after a DD.
Damage calculator is down so i cant give you proof but,

Earth quake = mega diancie, magnezone, bisharp ohkoed
Return = keldeo, chesnaught ohkoed
Latios will also be ohkoed by return after one or two dragon dance

So you need to fix it and add it in threat list.

''Administrators are so rude now-a-days huh''

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
:/

Mega Salamence is going to be banned so the team doesn't need to prepare for it

It's written in the thread already... You didn't read the thread properly, it's your fault!!!!

Last edited:

First off all, tnx for read my thread; I'll wait to see your rate :)

About the ladder thing, I didn't have any pictire whatsoever ;-; , I had reached this ranking shortly after PS has reboot the latter, so I was able to reach the #11 after like 4 hours of continuous gameplay. The bad news was that I needed to sleep... After I came back next day my name wasn't anymore. As far I know the latter are restarting day after day, so I just lost interest in keep going. While this can be a little of false advertising, I didn't lie about the peak... I was just at the right place at the right time lol (and I could bring you here anyways, couldn't?).

Also, like I said, Greninja is a pain in the ass, but I don't know what to do to even check this thing (Azumarill follows the same thoughts)

This team is very good! I have made one small change to your team though.
I replaced Bisharp with Absol.

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Superpower

I found that the 2 only advantages to using Bisharp over Absol on this team, is that it gets Defiant and has poison type immunity. With Absol you have a higher Attack stat, the Super Luck abillity, and a better chance of defeating Goodra than Bisharp. Absol also has Play Rough, which can deal better with Fighting types. The last thing that Absol has that Bisharp has more of, is a weakness to the fighting type. And because Mega Diancie is the Mega Evolution on your team, you can just slap a Life Orb on Absol, and you have a better team.

I hope this advice helped!

This team is very good! I have made one small change to your team though.
I replaced Bisharp with Absol.

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Superpower

I found that the 2 only advantages to using Bisharp over Absol on this team, is that it gets Defiant and has poison type immunity. With Absol you have a higher Attack stat, the Super Luck abillity, and a better chance of defeating Goodra than Bisharp. Absol also has Play Rough, which can deal better with Fighting types. The last thing that Absol has that Bisharp has more of, is a weakness to the fighting type. And because Mega Diancie is the Mega Evolution on your team, you can just slap a Life Orb on Absol, and you have a better team.

I hope this advice helped!

I completely disagree because bisharp is an excellent switch in to fairy and dragon moves which completely cream Absol. Granted Absol has a higher attack stat but it just addsome to the fairy weakness of the team. You can't expect Magnezone to sponge all attacks and poison neutrality is very useful.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
I have tried the team on the ladder for a bit and I see promising results. It has only for 15 minutes but I have been winning all my games.

I am going to put some comments here:

How do you deal with Mega Chairzard Y?

Why did Alakazam outspeed Magnezone?

What is yout best answer to: Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard X and Y, Mega Swampert / Gastrodon

Last edited:
I have tried the team on the ladder for a bit and I see promising results. It has only for 15 minutes but I have been winning all my games.

What is yout best answer to: Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard X and Y, Mega Swampert / Gastrodon

Zard X and Y can be handled by M-Diancie with diamond storm. Mega swampert can be taken care of by running wood hammer on chestnaught. Same works for gastrodon. Timid Alakazam will always outspeed Magnezone even if it's scarfed. Bisharp can easily wall mega Venusaur but may rake residual damage from leech seed or some such move. But SD knock off should take it down not sure abt the calls tho.
Hope I answered them

Well basically Disciple already speak for me, the only things I would say different are:

Mega Venusaur: At best, Iron Head 5HKOes (if that), so I wouldn't say that I could switch him into Saur unless if it was my only option, instead I could switch to Chesnaught who is imune to Sludge Bomb, resists Giga Drain and doesn't care about Leech Seed. Yea he also can't do anything with Drain Punch, but I can easily put all my 3 layers of Spikes while scouting for a possible HP Fire, then I switch to Latios and finish the job.

Alakazam / Mega Alakazam
: Magnezone with Scarf reaches 358,5 Spd (239*1,5, duh), while any Alakazam set runs at minimal 378 Spd in order to outspeed Greninja.

Mega Swampert / Gastrodon
: Chesnaught, but I'm using Seed Bomb instead of Wood Hammer as an test (see post #10)

Swords Dance on Bisharp is better than Pursuit you can rush after zone's trap
Pursuit was the main reason I choose Bisharp over Talonflame... Without it how I suppose to trap and kill Mega Latias?, Bisharp only can switch one time in front of Lati@s, so I wouldn't have another chance to kill her. Also I think SD on Bisharp isn't that reliable since he's very slow and is extremely easy to burn, even if could be a suicidal WoW

Ok, so my threat was staying too long at the bottom of the page, let me say what I reached on this time I was playing:

Talonflame over Keldeo: It was an extremely close call, but I'm still undecided what to do with they... While Talonflame fixes the problem with Hawlucha, the team definitively became more fragile since Talon can't switch as often compared with Keldeo, and with things like Mamoswine, Heatran and Landorus-T being huge weaknesses to the team, Talonflame wasn't good on the place of Keldeo. Sure I could switch him with Bisharp, but like I said a million times, the team would ended being unbelievable weak to Mega Latias. For now, I'm gonna use Keldeo, but Hawlucha will continue to be the biggest threat of this team... hopefully someone fix this problem for me :)

Seed Bomb on Chesnaught: Meh, another very situational case. Surprisingly, Seed Bomb punishes more than just Mega Swampert, it also hit Azumarill very hard even without investment:
(PS: Showdown's Calculator is back !!! \(^◇^)/ )

4 Atk Chesnaught Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 222-264 (54.9 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
While:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 224-266 (58.9 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

...So now I can finally kill Azumarill (semi) relaiably, which is a giant progress over the last set. The bad news is that now I don't have any hazards, which is annoyng since 3/6 of my Pokémon will not take advantage over their forced switches, maybe someone can fit SR somewhere, plz?

And just for an bonus, here are my reasons why I will not take Chesnaught off this team:

252+ Atk Swampert Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 126-150 (33.1 - 39.4%) -- 19.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Chesnaught Seed Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Swampert: 336-400 (98.5 - 117.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 120-142 (31.5 - 37.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 189-223 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chesnaught: 168-198 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 168-198 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Pin Missile (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 185-225 (48.6 - 59.2%) -- approx. 56.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chesnaught: 158-186 (41.5 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chesnaught: 176-208 (46.3 - 54.7%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Chesnaught: 211-250 (55.5 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 244-292 (64.2 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery <----- HOLY FUCK this is INSANE

Now that I already said all my thoughts, let me show what I change on the RMT:
  • Black Glasses > Life Orb on Bisharp
  • Everybody now has 4 Def to minimize entry hazards damange
  • Add a bunch of new Pokémon on the "Threat" list (will be updated with time)
  • Now there's a Replay list (they are pretty bad tho... Anyone with good ones can send me by PM or just comment here if they want)

I'm confused. For some reason when I built my own team with Diancie it said Earth Power was illegal, but the rest of you can use it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)