1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Round 52 Tutee Tournament - [Won by iLeBronz]

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Bloo, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

Finals

TheMasterOfOz vs. iLeBronz

No real deadline; just get the matches done in a timely fashion.

Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.

1. Battles will be 6 on 6 B/W OU played on the Smogon Server of the Pokemon Online simulator.
    2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
    3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
    The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.

• Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
    • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
    • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
    • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
    • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
    Show Hide

Welcome to the second sign-up thread of the newly revived tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for round 52 and were tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program sign-up thread will be allowed to participate. Also, please note that this is a BW OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during round 52). For reference:

Username:
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
    What tier do you want to learn?:
    Tell us a little about yourself
  2. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

16 spots have been filled, so here are the pairings: sorry to the last two that didn't get in.

prem vs. ginganinja
    fatty vs. Razza
    MCRandom vs.Giorgosss
    toshimelonhead vs. CPU
    iLeBronz vs. xtrashine
    blarajan vs. ITSU
    TheMasterOfOz vs. San_Pellegrino
    FearItsSelf. vs. Karpman

Deaadline: August 20th @ 11:59 PM GMT -5; the earlier you guys finish the mathes, the better.

Good luck.
  3. Smith

Smith is a 90's bitch
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Jesus so many people to cheer for but gotta go ginganinja and #uscentral bros lets get it
  4. Eos

Eos some people just want to see the world burn
    is a Battle Server Moderator

corrupt vergil vs. ginganinja
    fatty vs. Razza
    MCRandom vs.Giorgosss
    toshimelonhead vs. CPU
    iLeBronz vs. xtrashine
    blarajan vs. ITSU
    TheMasterOfOz vs. San_Pellegrino
    FearItsSelf. vs. Karpman

This should be a fun session; rooting for either fatty, ginganinja, or xtrashine....I can't decide lol.
    Anyways, good luck to everyone and have fun!

Edit: it's so hard to predict these battles because of the unknown knowledge the tutees have learned.
  5. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Won 2-0 gg.
  6. San_Pellegrino

San_Pellegrino the eternal dreamer
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

7. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

lost. gg.
  8. ITSU

ITSU

Confirming i beat Blarajan.
  9. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Gerber
  10. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Frontier Lackeyis a Past WCoP Winner

ILEBRONZ vs. everyone else
  11. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ginganinja takes it all
  12. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

Signing up as a sub if possible.

Username: DittoCrow
    Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DittoCrow, -Crow
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; 1:00 PM-9:00 PM
    What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
    Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling for a few years now and was really good at 4th gen OU. But now I started getting into 5th gen OU and I'm not too good at it. My major problem is team building so I would like to learn advanced team building and how to handle current threats. I would like an experienced tutor who is good at laddering, if that's possible.
  13. Eternal

Eternal
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Finals

ginganinja vs toshimelonhead
  14. ginganinja

ginganinja Dating Haunter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ginganinja to choke in a justinawe fashion R1.

Contacted my opponent and GL everyone
  15. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

16. ITSU

ITSU

What?

I should totally be in the finals :D
  17. yondie

yondie I feel a little bit, like, I'm the Braveheart of creativity.
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

gooo CPU!
  18. bro fist

bro fist
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

xtrashine or fatty
  19. Windsong

Windsong .dancin
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

ITSU or xtra
  20. ITSU

ITSU

YAY! gogo Izzy
  21. CPU

CPU

haha, probably the only person that would be rooting for me. :)

I'll get this done tomorrow.
  22. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner
    Mentor

lucky
  23. AndViet

AndViet

Don't worry TheMasterOfOz I'm rooting for you and FearItsSelf. since my tutee is out. So good luck to you two!
  24. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¡YA HA!
    Mentor

Thanks AndViet :)
  25. ITSU

ITSU

Heh. Sorry about that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)