Round 54 Tutee Tournament - Finals [Won by MikeDecIsHere]

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Bloo, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tournament Directoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

Finals

Shining Latios vs MikeDecIsHere

Round 1 (open)

Ruppy vs sabeta_sama
    Roshi vs smashlloyd20
    HydroSwampert vs MikeDecIsHere
    Eos vs Shining Latios
    zekuhryuh vs The Wolf
    Mostwanted vs ShakeItUp (I did NOT rig this)
    DittoCrow vs dragonuser
    NickiMinaj vs Artic Eclipse

round 2 (open)

dragonuser vs NickiMinaj
    Ruppy vs Shining Latios
    Roshi vs MikeDecIsHere
    ShakeItUp vs The Wolf

If smashlloyd20 vs. Roshi isn't done by tomorrow (October 21st, 11:59pm EST), Roshi gets the activity win.

Deadline for round 2: October 26th, 11:59 PM, EST.

Semifinals (open)

Shining Latios vs The Wolf
    dragonuser vs MikeDecIsHere

Sign-up info (open)

Welcome to the third sign-up thread of the newly revived tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for round 54 and were tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program sign-up thread will be allowed to participate. Also, please note that this is a BW OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during round 54). For reference:

Username:
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
    What tier do you want to learn?:
    Tell us a little about yourself

Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.

1. Battles will be 6 on 6 B/W OU played on the Smogon Server of the Pokemon Online simulator.
    2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
    3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
    The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.

• Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
    • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
    • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
    • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
    • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.

The last three rounds saw DC., iLeBronz, and Evire take home the win; will you be the next tutee to earn a spot in the hall of fame? Sign-up and find out!
  2. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tournament Directoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

Round 1

Ruppy vs sabeta_sama
    Roshi vs smashlloyd20
    Eos vs Shining Latios
    zekuhryuh vs The Wolf
    Mostwanted vs ShakeItUp (I did NOT rig this)
    DittoCrow vs dragonuser
  3. Thatsjustpeachy

Thatsjustpeachy 意识渐渐远去,意志力永不褪色
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

LOL, shakeitup is going to wreck you

Go shininglatios and dragonuser
  4. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

Lol thanks for the support guys. Gl to everyone, especially ShakeItUp, I'll hopefully see you in the finals ;)
  5. San_Pellegrino

San_Pellegrino the eternal dreamer
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Ruppy vs sabeta_sama
    Roshi vs smashlloyd20
    Eos vs Shining Latios
    zekuhryuh vs The Wolf
    Mostwanted vs ShakeItUp
    DittoCrow vs dragonuser

lets get it stoneitup
  6. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

Contacted Eos.
  7. Howard

Howard

Mostwanted got that Swag. GL to you D_C as well.
  8. Scimjara

Scimjara Bert Stare

Lol.

That's alright my quiet warrior HydroSwampert will win this anyway.
  9. Thatsjustpeachy

Thatsjustpeachy 意识渐渐远去,意志力永不褪色
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

I wish I can grow a pair(sarcasm), but sadly that is physically impossible. And lol we never played. Shakeitup, save the log for this one

Edit: Learn some manners little boy
  10. Bloo

Bloo
    Head TD

Sitting back and watching tutees trash talk is the most enjoyable part of running these tournaments (Just don't let it spin out of control!)
  11. undisputed

undisputed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

why are you guys arguing about pokemon... even bloo could beat me if the stars aligned at just the right moment...

also eos is going to take it home!
  12. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

Lol stop embarassing yourself and play!
  13. AndViet

AndViet

Mostwanted take it easy.

Rooting for Dittocrow, Roshi and Mostwanted but good luck to everyone in the tour.
  14. LighTz911

LighTz911

Assigned to idiotfrommars

Username: LighTz911
    Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: LighTz911
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 - 6:00 EST
    What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
    Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an thirteen-year-old boy who enjoys playing Pokemon. I'd like to learn to build a much more solid team, know what moves would be the best to make in certain situations, and how to be successful at laddering.

If I can, I'd like to be a substitute.
  15. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere Congregation of the Classiest
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Wow so much shit talk already ._.

I'll contact my guy now. I'ma put my tutor on my back
  16. dragonuser

dragonuser Today, tomorrow, and always with a frozen heart
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

damn bros lol

bout to pm crow
  17. sabeta_sama

sabeta_sama

Someone voted in my favor? I'm not that great, but I'll try my best to not let Ojama down.

Good Luck everyone.
  18. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

interesting...
  19. Jayde

Jayde
    is a Tiering Contributoris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

CONFIDENCE. YOURE A BALLER. YOURE A GODDESS. YOURE BETTER THAN RUPPY EVER WAS. LETS GET IT. SWAG
  20. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

PUT LIGHTZ IN SO HE CAN RAPE
  21. ITSU

ITSU

Lol ShakeitUp, Hydro, or Crow ftw. Beat that nigga down Raven.
  22. Scimjara

Scimjara Bert Stare

Word.
  23. ITSU

ITSU

lol i dont even know who he is. Just agreeing with you b/c boss
  24. forthwright

forthwright

I sort of enjoyed reading all that trash talk, but I try and stay as neutral as possible :P

Also, are we supposed to contact our opponent or something? It wasn't exactly clear, to me, in the OP as to how/when these matchups are supposed to happen. Could someone provide some clarification for me? Thanks.
  25. Scimjara

Scimjara Bert Stare

Thank you ITSU. Hydroswampert's a good guy and in my eyes he's already won the tournament. :heart:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)