Round 69 & 70 Tutee Tournament - Finals [Won by moonbase]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the signup thread of the tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for rounds 69 and 70 and were tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program signup thread will be allowed to participate. If we get more, however, I will consider increasing the number of participants. Also, please note that this is a BW OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during rounds 69 and 70). For reference:

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself

Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.

1. Battles will be 6 on 6 (BW OU) played on the Smogon Server of the Pokemon Online simulator.
  2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
  3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.
  • Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Wifi Clause: Team Preview must be enabled for all BW games.

Signups (16)
  • Shining Latios
  • Zukai
  • Stex
  • moonbase
  • The Unlucky one
  • BlackRussian
  • Riles
  • herewegoagain
  • braveswin11
  • MaximizedGamer
  • lokt
  • Sciztar
  • BROStime
  • PSDuckie
  • Enguarde
  • TyranitarTerror [Disqualified]
Round 1

moonbase vs herewegoagain
BlackRussian vs braveswin11
Enguarde vs PSDuckie
Sciztar vs Stex
BROStime vs Shining Latios
lokt vs Riles
bye vs MaximizedGamer
The Unlucky one vs Zukai

Round 2

moonbase vs PSDuckie
Shining Latios vs Zukai
MaximizedGamer vs lokt
Stex vs braveswin11

Semi Finals

lokt vs Zukai
Stex vs moonbase

Finals

Zukai vs moonbase

In

Username: Shining Latios
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Shining Latios / Shining_Latios
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; 4 PM - 10 PM weekdays, anytime during weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello. I'm 14 and a massive NHL and NBA fan. I've been away from competitive battling for the last 4 months due to starting high school and having a hard time to adapt to my new schedule, but I'm back and wish to learn BW2 OU. I need help with teambuilding and predicting mainly.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Username: zukai
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/: utopian on ps, zukai on po
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+ 1, 4pm to 8:30 pm, free nearly always on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU and maybe DP Ou if there is time
Tell us a little about yourself: I was born in England but my family moved to Spain 6 years ago, I enjoy tennis, karate and football. I've lurked for a while so i know all the rules and i won't be horrible to work with.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes, it would not be daily though

in
Username:Stex
Pokemon Online Username:-NIDHOGG,Stex
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GTM(+1),i'm available 13:30-17(monday,wednesday,friday) while 13:30-23:00 tuesday-thursday-sunday
What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:i'm an italian player and i'm a bwer so i need to learn DP(and RSE) for ST

In

Username: moonbase

Pokemon Showdown Username: moonbase

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 I am available any time during the weekends, and for around half an hour after 3:00 on weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14 year old 8th grade student, that can't wait until high school. (My gradeschool sucks balls) I have been playing pokemon since I was little and have been going off and on from the game ever since. Lately, I have been getting into competitive battling, because I am a competitive person in general. I have in some ways mastered some pokemon tiers, but OU is the one that I want to be really good in. I know how to team build decently (which means that I am an half assed team builder) and I know the metagame very well. What really lacks for me is my playing skills, which is of course the most important thing. I hope that being tutored by a master in the tier can help me get to my ultimate goal of getting to over 1900 on the ladder in all the major tiers.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

Why I have under 25 posts: I am the person that lurks around, but doesn't post. I only post here to express my opinions on general topics for metagames. (if you cared to look at my posts) If I really wanted to, I could have many more posts about miscellaneous stuff, but I choose to be the silent guy that doesn't talk, until its totally necessary.

Username:The Unlucky one
Pokemon Online/Shoddy/PS username(s): superwii64cube
Timezone and hours of availability: 2pm-9pm weekends gmt+8. 5pm-9pm weekdays.
What Tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: Been trying to establish a good skill in a vast majority of metagames. Wanna refresh my knowledge on the past gens for Smogon Tour.
Willingness to post on Tutee Talk Threads: Sure.

Username: BlackRussian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Subject 18
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 11:00 a.m - 6 p.m Central Time. on holiday break so anytime is also good.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since I was little. I've played nearly every game and then started to get bored. Then I found out and I got into competitive Pokemon a few months ago. I'm having trouble team building properly and identifying Pokemon set which causes the to lose a lot of battles that I could otherwise might have been able to win.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

Riles

Banned deucer.
Another shot?

Username: Riles
Pokemon Showdown Username: Riles/Riley
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 6:30PM-10:00PM

Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, my names Riley, I enjoy playing sports, namely Track & Field and Basketball and of course I enjoy playing Pokemon. I'm a senior in High School & can't wait to go to college and see all the wonderful experiences that come with it. I'm a mod on Kupo's Server if that means anything.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly, I'll do whatever is required.

Username: herewegoagain
Pokemon Showdown Username: Shadow Mewtwo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (Eastern time zone) 5 pm – 10 pm EST Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 2 -6 pm or after 9:30 pm Tuesdays, Thursdays. Pretty much free on weekends (I have a little more free time now, so I edited this section a bit)
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a freshman in college. I’ve started playing Pokémon since the first generation games came out. (I still have them lying around somewhere back home.) About 2 years ago, one of my friends who was really good at competitive battling introduced me to this site. I was overwhelmed by the whole process at first but I have decided to give it another shot. Having said that, I’m pretty new to competitive battling but I am definitely eager to learn all that I can, if it means making me better at competitive battling, especially team building. :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

In

Username:braveswin11
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:braveswin11
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5 and I am available anytime on weekends and after 8 PM usually on weekdays but it depends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been trying to play pokemon for about 9 months and have never got the hang of it, and OU has been the hardest tier to master, so I would like to learn :]. Also, I am a sports fanatic as said by my name.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup

in, Hoping to prove that I've actually learned something

Username: MaximizedGamer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: MaximizedGamer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Weekdays ( 4 p.m. - 8 p.m) Weekends ( 11 A.M. - 11 P.M)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a gamer that just loves to play pokemon, I have been a member on Smogon for a little more than a year now, I really haven't posted much due to knowing little about competitive pokemon battling. I started out doing some Pokemon RNG and eased a bit into competitive battling. I am occassionally on #pokemon IRC.

So this is bw and not bw2?
Username:lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt-8, 6-8pm weekdays, 12-8pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU, if that's not available bw2ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I had started learning dpp ou 2 rounds ago with my tutor, and I would like to continued to be tutored in the tier. I still need to learn alot about the metagame and the teambuilding in general.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes
I was skipped last round.

Username: Sciztar
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: KingTR
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, 9PM - 2 Am weekdays, anytime during weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello. I played pokemon since FireRed and LeafGreen, but i just played it for fun. I started playing competitively since DPP started and I enjoyed it. I'm a college student and I go to school in Indiana. I like to read Naruto manga (Lets go Ten Tailes) and i study Art and Design. I play Tennis and basketball. I'm back and wish to learn BW2 OU. I need help with teambuilding and predicting Pokemon sets and strategy.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: BROStime
Pokemon Online Username: BROStime
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 5pm-2am
Tell us a little about yourself: Im guy that live in Norway, work as an mechanic and like too play pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: PSDuckie

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PSDuckie

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually available evenings and weekends

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or BW2 UU (preferably OU)

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student, I've been playing Pokemon since Blue came out, and I used to like creating character builds for City of Heroes. After City of Heroes closed last November, I started looking for a new game to create character builds on. I never found that game, but I found something better: Pokemon. However, that does have something in common with making City of Heroes characters: I suck at it. I can complete the games, but when it comes to competitive play, I don't even know where to begin! I'm applying to this program in order to learn.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Enguarde and Tabaluga. (Mainly)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Enguarde and Tabaluga. (Mainly)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +11 and 24/7 usually, but will be able to give prior notice before I'm not available.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC, BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently living in Melbourne Australia studying Medical Imaging, have been playing competitive pokemon for over a year now dabbling in all of the fifth gen tiers bar LC, and would love to learn it, but I'm finding it difficult to grasp. I also haven't played RU since BW2 came out would love some pointers on getting back into it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

Count Me In!

Username: TyranitarTerror
Pokemon Showdown Username:TyranitarTerror
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Time Zone (PTZ)I am only available anytime except from 10:00-2:30, as that is when I have classes
What tier do you want to learn?: Mostly BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student whose first game was LeafGreen and have played an incredible amount of Emerald in an attempt to get as close to competitive as possible: the Battle Frontier. I have rudimentary understanding of difficult battles and team composition to have a little success in the Showdown. However, that still means I lose more than I win. Given my abysmal experience I consider winning at all amazing. That being said, I really want to make my wins outnumber my losses by understanding the BW Metagame better.
I will also be willing to do the Tutee Talk Threads

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Round 1

moonbase vs herewegoagain
BlackRussian vs braveswin11
Enguarde vs PSDuckie
Sciztar vs Stex
BROStime vs Shining Latios
lokt vs Riles
TyranitarTerror vs MaximizedGamer
The Unlucky one vs Zukai

Deadline: Sunday, March 17th at 11:59 pm EST.

Just to make sure, this is bw ou and not bw2 ou right? So no sheer force lando, tech breloom, therians, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)