1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Round 71 & 72 Tutee Tournament - Finals [Won by Double01]

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Limitless, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Limitless

Limitless Success is the best revenge.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the signup thread of the tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for rounds 71 and 72 and were tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program signup thread will be allowed to participate. If we get more, however, I will consider increasing the number of participants. Also, please note that this is a BW OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during rounds 71 and 72). For reference:

Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.

1. Battles will be 6 on 6 (BW OU) played on the Smogon Server of the Pokemon Online simulator.
    2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
    3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
    The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.
    • Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
    • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
    • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
    • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
    • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
    • Wifi Clause: Team Preview must be enabled for all BW games.

Signups (13)

• Lunatic Lies
    • Emi
    • Stex
    • Double01
    • herewegoagain
    • BROStime
    • Rwhite84
    • FireMage
    • Hyperbeem
    • askjeevs
    • Level 51
    • Asek
    • MultX
    • relaunched
    Round 1

Emi vs relaunched
    askjeevs vs Asek
    FireMage vs Double01
    MultX vs Rwhite84
    Level 51 vs Lunatic Lies
    Hyperbeem vs BROStime
    Stex vs herewegoagain

Round 2

Double01 vs herewegoagain
    Asek vs Rwhite84
    Hyperbeem vs relaunched
    Level 51 vs bye

Semi Finals

relaunched vs Double01
    Level 51 vs Rwhite84

Finals

Double01
    vs Rwhite84
  2. -Sparkbeat-

-Sparkbeat-

Username: Lunatic Lies
    Pokemon Online Username: Contrail
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, anytime after 4 PM during the week, and pretty much anytime on weekends.
    What tier do you want to learn?: Learned BW2 OU
    Tell us a little about yourself: Like music, soccer, and basketball. Been playing competitively for about a year or so, and I wanted some help with teambuilding, editing, and prediction.
  3. Emi

Emi

Username: Emi
    Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Emilet
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. 6pm onwards
    What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
    Tell us a little about yourself: I've dabbled in competitive pokemon a couple times but always got frustrated and discouraged. I'm hoping with the guidance of an experienced player I'll be able to overcome these obstacles and become a competent battler eventually being an active part of the community.
    Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course
  4. Stex

Stex

Username:Stex
    Pokemon Online Username:Stex
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GTM +1,italian
    What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU
    Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a italian battler,i love play pokemon since i'm a child but for my unluck when i joined PO,DPP was finish so i hope learn it whit a tutor
    Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course
  5. Grimsly

Grimsly

Username: Grimsly
    Pokemon Online Username: Grimsly
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10, pretty much if I'm not at work, I can be on lol.
    What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers!
    Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I enjoy playing ofc and meeting/talking to other great players is always fun. I enjoy music and sport, and am currently enjoying the greatest gap year of my life! Hope to brought on board with someone! :)
    Willing to do tutee talks: Of course!
  6. herewegoagain

herewegoagain

Username: herewegoagain
    Pokemon Online Username: fail.epic (PS)*
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5 pm – 10 pm EST most days, can adapt schedule somewhat if necessary.
    Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a freshman in college. I’ve started playing Pokémon since the first generation games came out. (I still have them lying around somewhere back home.) About 2 years ago, one of my friends who was really good at competitive battling introduced me to this site. I was overwhelmed by the whole process at first but I have decided to give it another shot. Having said that, I’m pretty new to competitive battling but I am definitely eager to learn all that I can, if it means making me better at competitive battling, especially team building. :D
    Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

*I changed my username on PS...sticking with this one now.
  7. Iridescent.

Iridescent. formerly Bluwing

Username: BROStime
    Pokemon Online Username: BROStime
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 available nearly all day.
    What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
    Tell us a little about yourself: Im guy who loves to skate and snowboarding, but also love pokemon.
  8. Rwhite84

Rwhite84

Username:Rwhite84
    Pokemon Online Username:-Rwhite84
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 2:30-10
    What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
    Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive pokemon for about a year and a half now, I've been able to pick up on essentially every tier but OU, I tend to prefer PO but I can PS if required, I tend to avoid stall teams since I have ADD, I like using creative sets to stallbreak such as golurk. I'm online essentially all day, my other main interests are football (hence my name), and 80s rock music, and military/war subjects.
  9. FireMage

FireMage Say Goodnight!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Username: FireMage
    Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username FireMage/Bland/Limited
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - Fairly accommodating of all timezones.
    What tier do you want to learn?: (Preference order) BW(2) UU/RU/OU
    Tell us a little about yourself: I look forward to improving my game, whether it's in a new tier or improving team-building in a tier I've played previously. I'm a fairly laid back guy with a myriad of different interests.
    Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
  10. Ezio

Ezio .
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Username: Hyperbeem
    Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hyperbeem
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (All day weekends, weekday evenings)
    What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
    Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive for four years but I need a refresher on DPP. I like tennis.
    Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Fosho
  11. askjeevs

askjeevs

Username: askjeevs
    Pokemon Online Username: Jeevs
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - Mornings (before 4) and Evenings (after 11)
    What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers
    Tell us a little about yourself: Die hard hockey fan. I've been taught my Funkasaurus and I can't wait to test my might!
  12. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Username: Level 51
    Age: 14.73972602739726027397260273972602... (as of day of post) [that is, Mar 6 2013]
    Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Level 51
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, 5~7pm. From 19-22 March I'll be free probably 10 to 10 ^_^
    Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pretty average Singaporean high-school equivalent student. Being a dabbler, I'd like to become (at least somewhat) experienced with all the tiers, and I've covered most of the ground except for OU, Ubers, and LC. Hence this application which you are reading now.
  13. Asek

Asek A heart of stone, a smoking gun
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Username: Asek
    Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Asek
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+11, varies usually 4:30-10:30PM
    Tell us a little about yourself: I haven't played in 4 months and I need somebody to help me get up to speed.
  14. MultX

MultX

15. relaunched

relaunched

Username: relaunched
    PO/PS! Nickname: Both relaunched
    Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7, 12 PM-12 AM
    What tier do you want to learn? DPP OU
    Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently taking a break from school, and especially like to read, do math, play Scrabble and cook.
    Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yeah.
  16. Limitless

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Round 1

Emi vs relaunched
    askjeevs vs Asek
    FireMage vs Grimsly
    MultX vs Rwhite84
    Level 51 vs Lunatic Lies
    Hyperbeem vs BROStime
    Stex vs herewegoagain
  17. Double01

Double01 Hate it or love it the under dog's on top

oh in as a sub i guess
  18. Limitless

You're against FireMage.
  19. Double01

Double01 Hate it or love it the under dog's on top

FireMage and I are scheduled for sunday
  20. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

sent a VM Lunatic Lies' way
  21. Ezio

Ezio .
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Contacted
  22. askjeevs

askjeevs

contacted; still waiting to hear back from my opponent
  23. herewegoagain

herewegoagain

Stex and I are really having difficulty finding common time for our battle. 6 time zones apart. :/
  24. Stex

Stex

anyway we'll play this match there are a lot of days
  25. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

level51 to win, finals VS hyperbeem
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)