Round 76-79 Tutee Tournament - Finals [Won by Yuttt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the signup thread of the tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for rounds 76, 77, 78, and 79 were tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program signup thread will be allowed to participate. If we get more, however, I will consider increasing the number of participants. Also, please note that this is a BW OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during rounds 76, 77, 78, and 79). For reference:

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself: Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.
  1. Battles will be 6 on 6 (BW OU) played on the Showdown simulator.
  2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
  3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.
  • Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Wifi Clause: Team Preview must be enabled for all BW games.

Signups (10)
  • BigBonBon
  • PTZ
  • Hulavuta
  • Meloetta<3V
  • Yuttt
  • Lasagne21
  • Rohail
  • Metal Sonic
  • Gourang Dhawan
  • Tyranitar Terror
Round 1

PTZ vs Yuttt
Rohail vs Tyranitar Terror
Lasagne21 vs Metal Sonic
Hulavuta vs BigBonBon

Meloetta<3V vs Gourang Dhawan
ABaker
vs Judas Furri

Round 2

Lasagne21 vs ABaker
Rohail vs Yuttt
Gourang Dhawan vs Hulavuta

Finals

Yuttt vs Hulavuta
Lasagne21 vs Hulavuta
Yuttt
vs Lasagne21

Deadline: January 10

Last edited:
Username:BigBonBon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown:bonbon,bigbonbon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8, I am available 4pm to 6pm weekdays and for the most part all day on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a senior in high school and I have been playing pokemon competitively since BW. I really want to get better but cant seem to get past this wall ive hit. I would really like to have a deeper understanding of teambuilding so when x&y roll around i get make my own teams without the dependence of smogon analyzes. I live in california and I love to draw, play videogames, and watch anime. I am a wrestler in the 182 lb weightclass and I have been wrestling for 3 years now.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yup

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS:
I have been lurking for a long time and don't post because I don't consider myself an expert on pokemon. I feel like what I would post or contribute wouldnt be helpful to the smogon community if Im not an expert pokemon battler.

Username: ptz
Pokemon Online Username: ptz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: easterntime
What tier do you want to learn?: xy ou, bw ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I been playing competive pokemon for 4 years, I peak 1 on pokemon online leader board with 1577 rating.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Hulavuta
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hulavuta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Usually I am available all day but school is starting soon so 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM are the best hours to reach me. Available from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturdays and 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM on Sundays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm Hulavuta, I am a 17 years old Asian-American and I am about to go into my last year of high school. I've been experimenting with most of the metagames and I feel like UU is my favorite so I want to get good at it and make it my main metagame. I really want to get good at teambuilding and metagame knowledge in general. A lot of people will say in their applications that they really want to post in the metagame forums but they don't have the experience to contribute to a discussion, and that's absolutely true for me as well. It is my goal for this round to get good and be able to become a frequent poster in the UU subforum.
I sincerely believe that I have the proper attitude, listening skills, and respect when it comes to being a student, so if you pick me you won't be disappointed :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I don't think I have a choice xD but of course I would be more than happy to. :D

I was tutored in round 76 by Ace Emerald

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: Meloetta<3V
Pokemon Showdown Username: Meloetta<3V or Melo_Ladder
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+01:00
Monday: 19:00-21:00
Tuesday: 19:30-21:00
Wednesday: 16:30-21:00
Thursday: 19:00-21:00
Friday: 19:00-21:00
Saturday: ~12:00-24:00
Sunday: ~12:00-21:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am Meloetta<3, and I finally want to be in the tutor program for ONCE because I got rejected every. single. time. I like Meloetta's and Glaceon's and Mega-Mawiles. I am usually online on http://tervari.psim.us/ or http://joimslab.psim.us/ so yeah. I can play on main if you want. My real name is Mike. I love playing BW2, but I never really got in another gen. I live in the Netherlands.

I've been tutored in round 79 by dragonuser.

Username: Yuttt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Yuttt or Yuttt with roman numerals after it
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST, usually from 8:00 P.M to 10:00 or later, and from 7:00 A.M to 8 or 9:00. Also sometimes during the day. I can be very flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, and maybe RU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm play piano as a hobby, and do stuff like building robots and modeling history. I started playing pokemon around 5 years ago, and had no idea what I was doing ._.' I had stuff like a completely special Snorlax. After I completed a bunch of 4th Gen games, I stopped playing until just a few months ago, when I got into competitive playing. I started out in OU, and really sucked, and eventually went to UU, and got a good rating with a Shedinja team. Pretty recently, I got back to OU, and started learning up on the tier. I just got Reqs for the Keldeo suspect test, and have been trying to build a team of my own that does well. I also want to learn more about how to play 'well'.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes (I have to figure out what they are, though)

I was tutored in round 77 by Remedy

EDIT: I am actually in a different timezone now, and have different times. I'm PST now, from 9:00AM-2:00PM, and possibly later.

Last edited:
Username: Lasagne21
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Lasagne21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+12, available 7 or earlier - 9 PM on weekdays, all day (once I've got up) on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, I'm a 15 year old English boy who moved here to New Zealand 2 years ago. I play a lot of NU regularly, and think I've become adept at that, so I now want to move onto another tier I haven't had much experience with yet. I've played a little bit of LC, but hardly any, and primarily with joke teams (Restalk Cubchoo owns), so it would be nice to learn more about the tier.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah sure

im gmt +13 now cos daylight savings

tutored in round 76 by part 2 of the indian LC team, prem

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Rohail
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rohail
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; I'm available from 3:30 to 6:00 p.m on regular weekdays. My schedule is always bizarre on weekends, but I'm usually available from around 5:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 13 year old Canadian from Toronto, Ontario. I'm an active GP checker here on Smogon, and hope to become a Sim Mod in the near future :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes ^-^

EonX- was assigned to be my tutor in Round 79, but we never got a session in because (s)he went inactive :(

Oh and my timings have kind of changed now, I'll be available from 3:30-5:00 p.m and 8:00-9:30 p.m on weekdays :)

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, normal school hours is 4pm onward, free for whole of saturday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC / BW2 NU / BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Sonic the Hedgehog. I suck at LC and NU. I'd like some help for LC or NU. I have usually problems meeting East Americans due to timezone (Wests are fine)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah sure

in

Username: Gourang

Pokemon Showdown Username: Gourang

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 5:30 2:00-7:00(usually)

What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers

I have less than 25 posts: I just joined in recently and am trying to participate in the forums

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a very good player and win alot but my fights are up with dumb people and when I play against a good player, I lose almost very easily with just killing one of their pokemon. I don't have any other hobbies than pokemon but I do enjoy playing all Nintendo games.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Why Tutor me?: I am very friendly and learn easily so you won't have problems with me and I know all the things of pokemon like IVs, EVs, Breeding Moves,etc so no need to explain that

Username: TyranitarTerror
Pokemon Showdown Usernames: TyranitarTerror and MechaTyranitar
Timezone and Availability: GMT -8, available from 9-11 AM (with advance notice) Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I am also available from 2-6 PM on Tuesday and Thursday
Tier of Interest: BW2 OU
Miscellaneous Information: I am a 19 year old college student who likes to read write, draw and paint.
Tutee Talk Threads: Yes

Jirachi has agreed to Tutor me

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Round 1

PTZ vs Yuttt
Lasagne21 vs Metal Sonic
Hulavuta vs BigBonBon

Deadline: December 14th

Username:ABaker
Pokemon Online Username:AshKBaker2014
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+1
What tier do you want to learn?:OU BW2
Tell us a little about yourself: Originally, I was meant to be tutored by Somalia but for reasons unknown I have not had any replies from him when trying to arrange lessons. I would still like to take part in this tournament if that is possible as I did have 1 and a half lessons with him. I am familiar with basic teambuilding, synergy and strategic thinking but not so good at making my own EV spreads and thinking about certain threats to individual pokemon and teams as a whole. I really want to get involved with the Smogon community on a permanent basis and learn more about the game.

PTZ vs Yuttt
Lasagne21 vs Metal Sonic - gl
Hulavuta vs BigBonBon

contacted

If Maloetta doesn't reply I will battle you if that's okay with everyone else? Not trying to steal a place just letting everyone know that I'm still interested in competing :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)