Round 84 & 85 Tutee Tournament - Finals [Won by Enki]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just as a reminder, we will be now rewarding the winner of the Tutee Tournament with a custom user-title, along with intense media coverage. There is also a possibility for the finals to be hosted on a Smogcast, though that is subject to timing schedules.

Welcome to the signup thread of the tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for rounds 84 and 85, who was tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program signup thread will be allowed to participate. If we get more, however, I will consider increasing the number of participants. Also, please note that this is a XY OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during rounds 84 and 85). For reference:

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.

1. Battles will be 6 on 6 (XY OU) played on the Showdown simulator.
  2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
  3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.
  • Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Wifi Clause: Team Preview must be enabled for all XY games.

Substitutes
Round 1

TheSuperSaiyanBreloom vs Sunny.
Lohgock vs galbia
JuniBoy vs Aenonar
geovanicaon vs jynx
rot1npieces vs Max Carvalho
cxinlee vs Ninety_Nine
SlottedPig vs PeinHero
MONKEY.D.LUFFY vs Enki

Round 2

Enki vs TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Max Carvalho vs galbia
PeinHero vs Ninety_Nine
jynx vs Aenonar

Semi Finals

Ninety Nine vs Enki
Max Carvalho vs Aenonar

Finals

Enki vs Aenonar

Deadline: 8/7/14 Midnight

Last edited:

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Inflikted
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Inflikted
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2. I am very, very busy atm due to exams but I think I will be able to play in the evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 19 years old student from Italy. I like Metal, beer, OU, and Ubers.

Last edited:
Username: Sunny.
Pokemon Online Username: Volcaronite.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 Everyday everytime bar the morning.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Nothing interesting.

Username: Lohgock
PO Username: Lohgock
Timezone and hours of availability: GMT+2 nearly erverytime
Tiers: Smogon Doubles

Username: galbia
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: galbia
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, almost every afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an italian student blablabla music blablabla

Username: JuniBoy
Pokemon Showdown Username: JuniBoy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: All day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Sincerely it was not good for me in the tutoring but the little I learned im willing to test it in the tornament. Still practicing competitive.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Krauersaut
Pokemon Online Showdown Username: Krauersaut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST - All day 'ere day
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been a part of this system twice now, and my last entrance in the tournament ended awfully (forgot that I entered, lost by activity) and want to make up for it this time around :)

Username: Geovanicaon
Pokemon Online Username: Geovanicaon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3, Afternoon and nights
Tell us a little about yourself: Brazilian, pokemon lover, lawyer, avid learner.

Username: ScoobyDoom
Pokemon Online Username: Char Sui Bao
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST any time before 2pm and after 10pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Recently picked Pokemon back again after taking a hiatus

Username: Rot1nPieces
Pokemon Online Username: Rot1nPieces
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, whatever I'm not working (mostly available nights)
Tell us a little about yourself: Played Pokemon from the original red/blue, and got back into it because I never managed to "catch 'em all". I got into competitive gaming from SC2/LoL/SBB and thought I'd give this a try

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Username: Max Carvalho
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Big Mamoswine (showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-3 I study at the morning. Usually avaiable at 2p.m to 7p.m, but I am flexible with this.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2014, XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am brazilian, studing in the 7th grade right now. I like soccer, books, games and food.I can learn things fast and I usually am patient. My favorite tier is lc and I would like to improve my knowledge in vgc, which I have no idea how to play.

Username: cxinlee
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: cxinlee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt +8, 7-9 am, 8-10 pm, occasionally 12-1 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Friends with user Hulavuta. I play a little mafia, am a speedcuber, and do enjoy games such as Fire Emblem, Ace Attorney, and mons obviously.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 85 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Was skipped round 82

Username: Ninety_Nine
Pokemon Online Showdown Username: Ninety Nine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 any time between 4pm and 9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just your average guy, usually I play ou and a bit of monotype and ubers on the side but I've been learning UU and its been hella fun :]

SlottedPig

sem feio
Username: slotted pig
PS username: ok ppl
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: gmt - 6 constantly
What tier do you want to learn?: xy ou, uu, ru
Tell us a little about yourself: have been playing since dp garchomp days and am still pretty bad. Team building is hard.

Last edited:
Username: PeinHero
Pokemon Online Username: EyeOfPein
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt +3 5pm and 9pm
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I like competitive pokemon and im from greece.

Username:MONKEY.D.LUFFY
Pokemon showdown Username: ICHICO KURUSAKI
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:(GMT +4) usually around the evenings or early morning
Tell us a little about yourself: I like anime and CAPS LOCK :P and pokemon :P

Username: Enki
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Enki
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, almost every afternoon
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a student, I like anime and manga.. and pokemon xd.. i play athletics.. principally 800 and 400 meters.. I start playing pokemon since BW.. and later i learn DP.. soo yeah. I have a simple life i think xd

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time. I'm most likely available on Sunday 11 Am-8 Pm, but I might be on from Mondays to Fridays 3 PM-8 PM. I always have half days in schools on Wednesday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing since BW1 but for one reason or other, I never really learned how to battle. As a result i'm only medicore at it. I hope to play in spl one day. I'm going to be a junior in high school soon.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Username: jynx
Pokemon Online Username: lavandula
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, 6pm- 4am
What tier do you want to learn?: xy ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I had been on a Dragonair flight from Hong Kong to Beijing.

Username: ArousedByClockwork
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ABClockwork (Pokemon Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC-5 and from 7pm 'till 12:30 in the morning. A bit flexible, however.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC14
Tell us a little about yourself: This tournament is not in the format I learned, so I won't be disappointed with myself if I lose, but that doesn't mean I won't try! Banlist leads to a "file not found" page, though...

Inflikted

Orco2
Limitless I'm really busy irl at the moment and i'm not spending time on showdown as i used to do, so i wrote that status message to inform people who may have noticed my absence. I'm still lurking here on smogon and I wrote that I would have been able to play despite being busy in my signup post (as a playing one match in one week does not take too much time...). I was waiting for this tournament and I really would like to be back in, if it's still possible.

If it's not possible, it's okay, my fault for not deleting my status message right after signing up, as it led to a misunderstanding. Sorry for causing trouble :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)