Round 88 & 89 Tutee Tournament [Won by Pearl.]

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just as a reminder, we will be now rewarding the winner of the Tutee Tournament with a custom user-title, and the finals match will be uploaded to Smogon's Youtube channel.

Welcome to the signup thread of the tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for rounds 88 and 89, who was tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program signup thread will be allowed to participate. If we get more, however, I will consider increasing the number of participants. Also, please note that this is a XY OU tournament. Here is the signup template to fill out for this tournament:

Username:
Round 88 / 89 Tutor:
Favorite Pokemon:
Tell us a little about yourself
:
Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.

1. Battles will be 6 on 6 (XY OU), best of 3, fox only, no items, final destination, played on the Showdown simulator.
  2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
  3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.
  • Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Wifi Clause: Team Preview must be enabled for all XY games.

Username:Raijiin
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: SnowCrystal!
Favorite Pokemon: Gengar
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Latin America, and been playing Pokemon since late Gen IV. I also enjoy reading mystery and fantasy novels in my free time, and can always be found with headphones, listening to music. I hope to have fun in this tournament and make some new friends.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Username: slayerx725232
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Molk
Favorite Pokemon: Shuckle
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm your average run-of-the-mill sportsy Sophomore in high school who took an extreme liking to Pocket Monsters in around the first grade. Other than that I'm just looking forward to broadening my knowledge of the Pokemon battling systems.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Username:Praj.pran
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Ironbullet93
Favorite Pokemon: Hmm Charizard :)
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi my name is prajesh. I play pokemon

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Weebl
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Reymedy
Favorite Pokemon: Ludicolo
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Canada, and I love Pokemon, especially trivia. In fact, I love all things trivia. (Fun Fact: the word "trivia" comes from the Latin for "the place where three roads meet"). I also like mythology. Whenever I'm on PS, you can find me there in the Trivia, Academics and Scavengers rooms.

Last edited:
Username: Qwertypops
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Mizuhime
Favorite Pokemon: Swinub
Tell us a little about yourself:From the U.S. and am quite attached to pokemon doubles! Garbage at ou but couldn't hurt to try :3

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Username: Zodiax
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: galbia
Favourite Pokemon: Pumpkaboo
Tell is a little about yourself: Hey, basically I am Zodiax and I participated in Round 89 of B101. I also do YouTube for Smogon which is cool.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Username: Kit Kasai
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: EonX
Favorite Pokemon: Chandelure :3
Tell us a little about yourself: I play OMs mainly and suck at standart tiers so we'll see how this goes o3o

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Expulso
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Edgar
Favorite Pokemon: Tyrunt :>
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a predominantly XY RU player, but I'm learning Ubers; interested in OU, so let's see how this goes!

Username: ForgottenOnes
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: EonX
Favorite Pokemon: Hitmonchan ;) (not really)
: I started off playing Pokemon TCG. I play XY RU as my main tier, and I'm interested in OU, and Ubers. :]

Username: Inevitability
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Yagura
Favorite Pokemon: Keldeo
Tell us a little about yourself: I play pokemon and my life needs more substance.

Username: Luka~
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Caledrith
Favorite Pokemon: Braixen
Tell us a little about yourself: I play pokemon and read manga~ Love all types of games and enjoy long walks on the tundra. Play LC and RU, and a tad bit of OU.

Username: Lord Ninjax
Round 88/89 Tutor: Fakes
Favorite Pokemon: Lucario
A little about Myself: I'm 15, from India, top student, pianist etc. I play XY a ton so hyped for this

Username: GGamer
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Plus
Favorite Pokemon: Mega Manectric
Tell us a little about yourself: Playing mons watching anime contributing to Smogon. I'm also Puertorican and speak spanish.

Last edited:
Username: KMizfit_PE
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: X5Dragon
Favorite Pokemon: Raikou
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing competitively for quite a bit, and wish to know more. I'm 15, and hoping to extend my knowledge of competitive battling extensively. I can also read and write Greek, and speak and translate french. :D

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Darnell
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Soulgazer
Favorite Pokemon: Togepi
Tell us a little about yourself: ^_^ !

Usernme : ertus
Round 89 tutor : X5Dragon
Favorite pokemon : Charizard and Scizor
Tell us a little about yourself : Hello, i'm 16 right now, mainly interested in coding, typing, Japanese language, anime, game and pokemon battling. I'm new to competitive battling, just started 3 months ago.

Username: the bravest bird
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: jirachee
Favorite Pokemon: braviary
: i like mons, bird is the word, i dont really like xy ou but w/e

Username: Zekrom2525
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Caledrith
Favorite Pokemon: Pikachu
Tell us a little about yourself: I like playing pokemon

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Username: Pearl.
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Bluwing
Favorite Pokemon: Walrein
Tell us a little about yourself: n_______n

Username: JuniBoy
Round 88 / 89 Tutor: Macle
Favorite Pokemon: Charizard
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I like to go to the gym and play basketball anotger of my hobbies is play pokemon and naruto that would be my two anime games that Im trying to be really good competitive. Im still need to learn, so im gonna put all my effort to get there. Thanks smogon.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)