1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Celever, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Heracross is both visually appealing as well as interesting to use. It has always been rare, yes, but so has Pinsir, and Heracross has always given you more in return for finding it. It has great stats, a great movepool and is an all around good contributor to your team. Pinsir is, well, Pinsir. Slightly underwhelming, boring movepool, and while it looks iconic, can't stand up to the blue beetle.
  2. Espeon65

Espeon65

HERACROSS!!!
  3. deidarasenpai

deidarasenpai

Heracross ftw!
  4. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

Heracross, it outclasses in looks and in usage, yay
  5. nikka

nikka

Pinsir looks like a pair of pliers mixed with "Tremors"..

Heracross by a long shot
  6. yoshinite

yoshinite

Pinsir

donthurtme
  7. Quilph

Quilph

Well I'd say it's pretty clear that I have to go with Heracross. Pinsir was a missed opportunity. The designers could have made him much more interesting and useful but they did not. Heracross looks cooler and is far better competitively.

On a side note, I'm wondering if celever, the author of this thread, plans to update the first page with the results as they come in. I'm not trying to be a bother, but it is rather annoying to hunt through the pages right now to learn the more recent tallies.
  8. Eagle4

Eagle4

Okay then closin' this round off...

Scores (+1 to Pinsir because I haven't voted yet) (open)
    [​IMG] 32
    [​IMG]9

Godammit you voted wrong again :<

Round XI: Umbreon vs Espeon

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]
  9. khaozz13

khaozz13

I loved both since GSC came out (and both were awesome in Colosseum). Umbreon is awesome, but Espeon even more so. I've always thought Espeon was awesome, even before Magic Bounce.

My vote is Espeon.
  10. Jerrytt

Jerrytt

11. yoshinite

yoshinite

Totes def Espeon
  12. Hulavuta

Hulavuta You're quite bad!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Hey! 32 to 9, more than I predicted, for both sides... (predicted 30-1 in Heracross' favor, haha)

Also, I think it's funny how the OP spoke of the voting and discussion of each round taking a week or even longer, but it's shaping up to be just a day or two for each :P
    I'm not complaining, since I have managed to vote for the most part, but it's still an interesting observation.

Anyway, for this round my vote goes to Espeon. Espeon was my favorite eeveelution until I fell in love with Glaceon. I do like Umbreon but he is very annoying in UU.
  13. dwarfstar

dwarfstar mindless philosopher
    is a Pre-Contributor

I'm definitely going with Umbreon. He's very cute, Dark typing is always good, and I have some ever-so-sweet memories with him...
    See, an Umbreon named Oscuro was the second Pokemon I ever raised for competitive play. He was an incredible tank, and was largely responsible for making me the youngest (or maybe second-youngest, I don't remember) entrant to make it to the top eight in the VGC 2009 NorCal regionals. After that, Oscuro became a staple of all my 4th-gen competitive teams, and always did a beautiful job of annoying my opponents. Nowadays, he enjoys a comfortable retirement in my Pokewalker and a special place in my heart.
  14. nikka

nikka

Now this one is tit for tat for me. I really like both of these pokemon so its hard to pick one above the other.

Ima have to go with Espeon for dat magic bounce
  15. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

Umbreon, no trollish Baton Pass teams
  16. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

Umbreon.

Don't get me wrong, I like Espeon and all, but Umbreon is one of my favorite Eevolutions (maybe only passed by Vaporeon). I'll admit, my love for it is almost all design (though I have used it in game to great effect), but my lord, that design! It manages to look cute, badass, cool, and exotic all in one go. And it's shiny form is easily one of my favorite shiny forms. I just love the damn thing, that's all there is to it.
  17. dcae

dcae naughty list

Espeon cuz Magic!
  18. Squishyfrog

Squishyfrog

Espeon

Umbreon has never really been my cup of tea.
  19. Furosuto

Furosuto

Umbreon is majestic, Espeon looks like he had his tail cut down the middle. -_-
  20. lucariomaster2

lucariomaster2

Espeon, just because Psychic-types are awesome.

(Although my favorite Eeveelution is still Jolteon...)
  21. ciaranroy

ciaranroy

The first time I played through Coliseum, I didn't know you could catch shadow pokemon, so accidentally did a run through with just Umbreon and Espeon. And since Umbreon bit a Steelix to death(the hardest battle I've ever been in) I'll have to go Umbreon
  22. M. Rock

M. Rock

Espeon

I've always found it more useful in a competitive scene, or just in general. Also, it's SO DAMN CUTE.
  23. Flareon

Flareon

Espeon, no question.
  24. Shiruba

Shiruba

the title is confusing.

anyway, espeon for me. not only is it better competitively, but it's purple/pink, and purple is my favourite colour.

and... it's my best friend's favourite pokemon. c:
  25. -NLMRY-

-NLMRY-

Espeon fo sho. Ever since I saw the original artwork it's been my favorite Pokemon ever.

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)